Infrastructure and Energy Sector

MuffleParch

Country flag

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
LOL Babudom of vishwaguru at its best. Countries smaller than us are building swanky infras and new cities and here vishwaguru can't even redevelop 500 acres of land. This country will remain at Burundi level for next 100 yrs if radical changes aren't made in the existing dumbocratic setup.
are you presuming these sort of issues don't happen in other democratic countries ?

blackleaf

Country flag

MuffleParch

Country flag
are you presuming these sort of issues don't happen in other democratic countries ?
There is plenty about India to be gloomy about. But I strongly believe we are heading in the right direction. We are not a fighter jet, but an aircraft carrier and it takes a while to U turn. We will make several mistakes along the way. Let us make mistakes. A lot on this forum are very pessimistic and some have political and other agendas.

To answer your question, just google for major project delays in the US. The corruptions are in 100s of billions. They took more than 3 damn years to do the re-pavement of some major roads in the southern NY area spending several billions of dollars. A year after they were done, these roads are started showing major pot holes. It didn't even snow last year. A lot of rumors about corruption involving a few big families backed by the politicians.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
There is plenty about India to be gloomy about. But I strongly believe we are heading in the right direction. We are not a fighter jet, but an aircraft carrier and it takes a while to U turn. We will make several mistakes along the way. Let us make mistakes. A lot on this forum are very pessimistic and some have political and other agendas.

To answer your question, just google for major project delays in the US. The corruptions are in 100s of billions. They took more than 3 damn years to do the re-pavement of some major roads in the southern NY area spending several billions of dollars. A year after they were done, these roads are started showing major pot holes. It didn't even snow last year. A lot of rumors about corruption involving a few big families backed by the politicians.
the member who i posed the question to, is in a phase of his life like most of us who felt at some point in time that dictatorship is the answer. the usual youthful imagination which revolves around the commie premise "India ka system hi galat hai" because that's what movies, OTT series, and news tells them.

fooLIam

the member who i posed the question to, is in a phase of his life like most of us who felt at some point in time that dictatorship is the answer. the usual youthful imagination which revolves around the commie premise "India ka system hi galat hai" because that's what movies, OTT series, and news tells them.
IMHO Not dictatorship but more streamlined ,sensible or collective but authoritarian system currently what we have is thousand of interest groups influencing at every possible level (in —ve way) through all kind of methods if those fails then street power and violence is shown and in the end projects and policy gets delayed and terminated hence the term “randhikhna dumbocracy”.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
IMHO Not dictatorship but more streamlined ,sensible or collective but authoritarian system currently what we have is thousand of interest groups influencing at every possible level (in —ve way) through all kind of methods if those fails then street power and violence is shown and in the end projects and policy gets delayed and terminated hence the term “randhikhna dumbocracy”.
what if you are on the receiving end of "more streamlined ,sensible or collective but authoritarian system", what if "more streamlined ,sensible or collective but authoritarian system" decides that the colony you live in needs to be turned into low cost housing?

note: i am not defending the current inefficiencies in the system, my argument will be leaning towards the fact that the processes are yet to mature because it has only been 30-40 years of urbanisation, which is very less for a continent scale country considering where it started 75 years ago.

fooLIam

what if you are on the receiving end of "more streamlined ,sensible or collective but authoritarian system", what if "more streamlined ,sensible or collective but authoritarian system" decides that the colony you live in needs to be turned into low cost housing?

note: i am not defending the current inefficiencies in the system, my argument will be leaning towards the fact that the processes are yet to mature because it has only been 30-40 years of urbanisation, which is very less for a continent scale country considering where it started 75 years ago.
Yes it’s going other way is very high possibility but what I had in mind was like Singapore like governance.
in same 75 yrs other countries have leapfrogged us in about everything.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Yes it’s going other way is very high possibility but what I had in mind was like Singapore like governance.
in same 75 yrs other countries have leapfrogged us in about everything.
i can only limit my answer to why singapore type administration cannot be scaled to our country's scale.

i had watched quite a few parliamentary sessions of singapore some years ago, some of the issues they discuss there are akin to issues normally discussed in municipal corporation meetings.

one of the days i was watching, the prime minister and his ministers were discussing complaints raised by residents of this building that tourists are clogging up their lifts.

1709017344869.png

another day, CNA news channel was talking about some domestic industry hiring of theirs is expected to grow by 40%. for us any industry report which says manpower will grow by 40% is a big deal, it means lakhs and crores, so checked on the web what is the original number for singapore in the first place, the number was 200 people. singapore news media hypes up a lot.

while the way their govt controlled their variables to keep governance streamlined is admirable, we need to take into account the scale. singapore model can probably be tried at a city scale, perhaps not at country scale and definitely not at all levels ,there are factors only we have that they can't even imagine.

India already had it's singapore phase, those places are now being called harappa, mohenjadaro, lothal etc etc.

Last edited:

Azaad

Country flag

SKC

Country flag
Prayagraj:
Ahead of Mahakumbh next year (2025), 8 Rail Over Bridges are expected to be completed in next 6 months:

1. Meja Road RoB ~ ₹42 Cr, 670 meters, 96% Completed
2. Bampur RoB ~ ₹47 Cr, 700 meters, 95% Completed
3. Salori RoB ~ ₹70Cr, 752 meters, 93% Completed
4. Mughalsarai Road RoB ~ ₹67 Cr, 775 meters, 89%
5. Completed Gohari RoB ~ ₹146 Cr, 898 meters, 64%
6. Completed Jagatpur RoB ~ ₹66 Cr, 798 meters, 59%
7. Completed No. 40 Gomti RoB ~ ₹71 Cr, 633 meters, 54%
8. Completed Karchana Road RoB ~ ₹60 Cr, 700 meters, 41% Completed

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

The Prabhadevi.

The Grant Road.

Reactions: SKC

Anupu

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The New Egyptian Capital, A country who's per Capital is just 33 percent higher than us.

View attachment 241988View attachment 241989View attachment 241991View attachment 241992
Building beautiful cities is not a measure of economic activity. Egypt is a crackpot nation that has built all this through foreign debt. Utterly financially unviable.
China is a better case but even they have overbuilt infrastructure and housing. In their case it’s all locally financed and built using local industries. Still they are facing capital issues now. India has a much better financial system.
What we are lacking is urban bodies with proper financial muscle and administrative capabilities. This is where we need to focus.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles