India's Moon Exploration Program

RedPhantom

Country flag
So let me ask you a simple question here.

If you are at that place, how could have you captured high quality or better landing video?
They took the landing video from the Lander Imager Camera and the rolling out of the rover was also done by it. There is nothing wrong with the landing video.

All I'm saying is that they could have had a small dedicated camera for Pragyan rollout. Correct me if I'm wrong.

skunk works

Country flag
Would be cool to retrieve Pragyan in one of our future manned missions. Or maybe they will let him call Moon home forever.
The Lunokhods (soviet moon rovers) are still up there- you can still see the tracks they made 60 years ago. One of them had the laser reflector so clean, it's still used to get laser distance readings from the moon.

karn

Country flag
conversation that is happening now about 1 MP camera on a Indian rover that has already landed on moon is much better than conversations we used to have twenty years ago .

the infamous "bomb daddy" oped by rajdeep's wife sagarika ghosh.

Science is tough
The mentality of these cretins is obvious for anyone to see .. if the bjp promotes science .. science is obviously bad like today if Modi says something pro India ,India is bad .. but then again today the narrative is that bjp is anti science or some shit . So kind of her to claim that sangh is filled with science graduates lmao

Chinmoy

Country flag
They took the landing video from the Lander Imager Camera and the rolling out of the rover was also done by it. There is nothing wrong with the landing video.

All I'm saying is that they could have had a small dedicated camera for Pragyan rollout. Correct me if I'm wrong.
And what good would it have achieved?

The current cameras which captured the Pragyan rollout are dedicated ones for that.

The Juggernaut

Country flag
Good lord , what sort of deranged woman is this Ghosh .
Oh my she is so much vile with hatred ?
Look I study humanities ( public administration,so not exactly it's liberal arts ).
And that only for the BA , as in intermediate I too studied PCM.
I admit it was hard for me , rather I didn't try hard enough.
But I will make sure my children study science .
Damn her and her depraved nature of calling APJ Abdul Kalam as " bomb daddy ".
I never read this before .
And I wish I hadn't.
These people made his sit on floor. They deserve the disgust they get.

here2where

Literally nobody said ISRO scientists are morons, and nobody is criticising them for anything. Yes, they are more knowledgeable than all of us here, but that doesn't mean you have to justify each and everyone of their measures. Nobody is asking to record the landing in 4k 60fps, just something that is actually a video instead of interpolating some images. You can't tell me one of the most capable space agencies in the world is incapable of doing that.

One of the biggest achievements in Indian history could have certainly been recorded in a much better quality than some images stitched together. This has nothing to do with weight/cost/power consumption, this is more of a PR failure than anything, and yes, PR is important because this is a government agency with it's responsibility to the citizens.
Hi-res landing and rover drop videos are very much possible as NASA and China have demonstrated years ago.

Google "Chang’e-4 landing (Onboard Camera View)" and "Yutu-2 rolls across the Moon" for the crisp videos.

Maybe Vikram has taken higher-res videos and available onboard and maybe be released later?

skunk works

Country flag
These people made his sit on floor. They deserve the disgust they get.
Daddy has sexual connotations in the western world. When journalists write subjective topics like this, it is mostly subconsciously recreating their own sexual fantasies. There may be unresolved fatherly issues in the minds of such people.

Tejbrahmastra

Country flag
Literally nobody said ISRO scientists are morons, and nobody is criticising them for anything. Yes, they are more knowledgeable than all of us here, but that doesn't mean you have to justify each and everyone of their measures. Nobody is asking to record the landing in 4k 60fps, just something that is actually a video instead of interpolating some images. You can't tell me one of the most capable space agencies in the world is incapable of doing that.

One of the biggest achievements in Indian history could have certainly been recorded in a much better quality than some images stitched together. This has nothing to do with weight/cost/power consumption, this is more of a PR failure than anything, and yes, PR is important because this is a government agency with it's responsibility to the citizens.
Exactly the pics from Chang mission are on whole different level. Since we do a planetary mission once or twice in a decade, it would have been prudent to install a better camera. Higher the resolution, better the findings. It has a scientific angle to it as well.

For reference:

1692962125867.png

1692962142516.png

RedPhantom

Country flag
Hi-res landing and rover drop videos are very much possible as NASA and China have demonstrated years ago.

Google "Chang’e-4 landing (Onboard Camera View)" and "Yutu-2 rolls across the Moon" for the crisp videos.

Maybe Vikram has taken higher-res videos and available onboard and maybe be released later?

Possible, in which case they are waiting for Modi's visit to unveil them. We'll see in a few days.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles