1689746424870.png

1689746397916.png

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Should we be worried?

Massive solar flares happened on 18th .i.e yesterday

View attachment 215194

View attachment 215193
I thought big solar flares are a sign of dying or young star?

Physx32

Country flag
Should we be worried?

View attachment 215194

View attachment 215193
The spacecraft has sufficient protection for electromagnetic radiation, so don't worry.

SKC

Country flag
Should we be worried?

View attachment 215194

View attachment 215193
All Space crafts are radiation hardened with certain level of tolerance to unexpected radiation events.

Physx32

Country flag
Thought stars like the sun become bigger as they start the long process of dying.
For a sun like star, when hydrogen fuel becomes depleted, fusion stops in the core. So, we no longer have the nuclear explosions which keeps the star from collapsing due to gravity. So, it starts to contract.

Due to contraction, pressure and temperature both increases. At some point temperature becomes so high that helium fusion starts. Now, the star starts expanding to a red giant due to helium fusion.

So the first visible sign is contraction.

spacemarine2023

Country flag
I m not concerned about CY4, just asking can LMV3 send heavy weight > 4T landers to LEO.
LMV3 can take 4T to LEO might be 2X of that…
Can take more than 4T to GEO…

we are taking this route because we don't want to carry access fuel there is no point of direct injection this is more efficient approach to carry more scientific payload.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
For a sun like star, when hydrogen fuel becomes depleted, fusion stops in the core. So, we no longer have the nuclear explosions which keeps the star from collapsing due to gravity. So, it starts to contract.

Due to contraction, pressure and temperature both increases. At some point temperature becomes so high that helium fusion starts. Now, the star starts expanding to a red giant due to helium fusion.

So the first visible sign is contraction.
When hydrogen gets depleted, the core uses helium for fusion. When helium is depleted, it uses Carbon, etc. all the way to Iron. The star cannot fuse heavier elements than Iron, so it undergoes core collapse, leading to either supernova, black hole or neutron star.

Physx32

Country flag
When hydrogen gets depleted, the core uses helium for fusion. When helium is depleted, it uses Carbon, etc. all the way to Iron. The star cannot fuse heavier elements than Iron, so it undergoes core collapse, leading to either supernova, black hole or neutron star.
That's for stars which are atleast 10 times solar mass. I was talking about sun like stars.

Vamsi

Country flag
Our Sun will become a whitedwarf

chewi

Chandrayaan-3 next firing, the TransLunar Injection (TLI), is planned for August 1, 2023, between 12 midnight and 1 am IST.
Chandrayaan-3 Mission:

The orbit-raising maneuver (Earth-bound perigee firing) is performed successfully from ISTRAC/ISRO, Bengaluru.

The spacecraft is expected to attain an orbit of 127609 km x 236 km. The achieved orbit will be confirmed after the observations.

The next firing, the TransLunar Injection (TLI), is planned for August 1, 2023, between 12 midnight and 1 am IST.
20230726_224323.jpg

Mod Note: Always quote text & images along tweet and put tweet in spoiler for the case it gets deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Global Defence

Articles