Indian Woman for Combat Duties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killbot

Country flag
Please share your weed with us at DFI as well.

I think he meant allow women who meet existing criteria to serve. Well, it is not so simple. You have menstruation cycles, etc to worry about. Not ideal when you have to get moving every time you hear a bullet, or when you need to conduct a COIN operation. @12arya

vampyrbladez

Country flag
@vampyrbladez whats so funny? Ever fought with a woman’s MMA fighter?
Such a stupid argument. I don't even work out and I know most of these 'MMA chicks' cannot match up with me more than blocks and tackles.

This 'muh equality' is another Marxist weapon to weaken the average combat efficiency of the army by watering down standards to make them 'gender neutral'.

Killbot

Country flag
Such a stupid argument. I don't even work out and I know most of these 'MMA chicks' cannot match up with me more than blocks and tackles.

This 'muh equality' is another Marxist weapon to weaken the average combat efficiency of the army by watering down standards to make them 'gender neutral'.
Trust me, if you don't have training, they'll fuck you up. But in an equally matched contest, they can't compete with men.

srevster

Country flag
Trust me, if you don't have training, they'll fuck you up. But in an equally matched contest, they can't compete with men.
Not true. It doesn't always come down to strength. Warfare involves strategy and maximizing effectiveness. Women tend to be more detail oriented, better at multi-tasking, and in general more organized. Warfare is logistics, planning, strategy 80%, 20% muscle. It's about gamification of information, asserting dominance. A women MMA, fighter will leverage her lower center of gravity more than men. Broader shoulders don't mean shit against legs. Grappling is a great equalizer against having a more powerful punch. When you want to build the most effective team, you want a diversification of perspectives. Multi-disciplinary teams tend to outperform a homogenous team that thinks alike and has no diversity in thought. I can only assert, that the Indian armed forces will be stronger with a higher involvement of women. It just requires greater strength from their male counterparts to empower them and share their influence. It will just make our society more cohesive, it will introduce courage into the general population, it will create more sports role models, it will make the culture more martial. Suppressing opportunities for women, will continue to keep India weak. Self introspection and self improvement only leads to greater strength.

FGFAPilot1

Country flag
Not true. It doesn't always come down to strength. Warfare involves strategy and maximizing effectiveness. Women tend to be more detail oriented, better at multi-tasking, and in general more organized. Warfare is logistics, planning, strategy 80%, 20% muscle. It's about gamification of information, asserting dominance. A women MMA, fighter will leverage her lower center of gravity more than men. Broader shoulders don't mean shit against legs. Grappling is a great equalizer against having a more powerful punch. When you want to build the most effective team, you want a diversification of perspectives. Multi-disciplinary teams tend to outperform a homogenous team that thinks alike and has no diversity in thought. I can only assert, that the Indian armed forces will be stronger with a higher involvement of women. It just requires greater strength from their male counterparts to empower them and share their influence. It will just make our society more cohesive, it will introduce courage into the general population, it will create more sports role models, it will make the culture more martial. Suppressing opportunities for women, will continue to keep India weak. Self introspection and self improvement only leads to greater strength.
Yes, all of this is true. Your substantiation, backups and proofs for these statements are clear in your post, why people won't believe you is baffling to me.

I agree a 100% with your assertions.

The people over here are stupid and are indulging in wrong-think, they don't know what's right. History won't judge them kindly; sexist, misogynist bigots, all of them.

Killbot

Country flag
Warfare involves strategy and maximizing effectiveness. Women tend to be more detail oriented, better at multi-tasking, and in general more organized. Warfare is logistics, planning, strategy 80%, 20% muscle
Yeah. They can be part of the strategy process. Muscle = men. And even that organization, strategy, smarts, etc, etc, part is a gross generalization. Wonder why the female chess champ is no. 35 overall? And is weaker than the top 20? And the no.2 woman is over no.50 overall.
A women MMA, fighter will leverage her lower center of gravity more than men. Broader shoulders don't mean shit against legs.
Oh. Why are there separate mens and women's events then? Because men can't handle women of their size in slugging contest?

Men's hips are better for generating force. Ever fought/wrestled/boxed/grappled yourself? Be easier to understand then.
I can only assert, that the Indian armed forces will be stronger with a higher involvement of women.
Not in combat. Rest, absolutely.
It will just make our society more cohesive, it will introduce courage into the general population, it will create more sports role models, it will make the culture more martial. Suppressing opportunities for women, will continue to keep India weak. Self introspection and self improvement only leads to greater strength.
A social experiment at the cost of national security. Yeah, sounds real convincing.

Our soldiers are trying to make sure that our enemies don't invade and you are bitching about 'social cohesiveness' and 'sports role models'. If India didn't face an existential threat, we could have done every thing you said. Built we cannot.

srevster

Country flag
Yeah. They can be part of the strategy process. Muscle = men. And even that organization, strategy, smarts, etc, etc, part is a gross generalization. Wonder why the female chess champ is no. 35 overall? And is weaker than the top 20? And the no.2 woman is over no.50 overall.

Oh. Why are there separate mens and women's events then? Because men can't handle women of their size in slugging contest?

Men's hips are better for generating force. Ever fought/wrestled/boxed/grappled yourself? Be easier to understand then.

Not in combat. Rest, absolutely.

A social experiment at the cost of national security. Yeah, sounds real convincing.

Our soldiers are trying to make sure that our enemies don't invade and you are bitching about 'social cohesiveness' and 'sports role models'. If India didn't face an existential threat, we could have done every thing you said. Built we cannot.
Exoskeletons negate advantages men have. Network centric warfare negates any intrinsic physical advantages. My greatest example for folks is Stalingrad. Women played a huge role in taking down Nazi blitzkrieg with on-battlefield deployment as snipers, pilots and field nurses. It broke Nazi morale to be killed by slavic women. Folks who continue to underestimate women are on the wrong side of history.

Phantom sierra

Country flag
Exoskeletons are decades away we will talk about it then. The military especially the Indian military largely relies on physical strength and fitness of its soldiers to get the job done due to a lack of modernization. Last year in June during the galwan valley clash a hand to hand combat took place between the Indian and Chinese armies, women in such a situation are a massive liability , the average woman isn't lara croft or ronda rousey she will get slaughtered just by the natural brute strength that men have on top of it mixed and all women battalions perform the worst in combat. That said, women can be a huge asset when it comes to combat support roles and they should be limited to it. Our military has to focus on modernization not on this Gender diversity and equality crap. Like killbot said the military is not a place for social experiments.

srevster

Country flag
Exoskeletons are decades away we will talk about it then. The military especially the Indian military largely relies on physical strength and fitness of its soldiers to get the job done due to a lack of modernization. Last year in June during the galwan valley clash a hand to hand combat took place between the Indian and Chinese armies, women in such a situation are a massive liability , the average woman isn't lara croft or ronda rousey she will get slaughtered just by the natural brute strength that men have on top of it mixed and all women battalions perform the worst in combat. That said, women can be a huge asset when it comes to combat support roles and they should be limited to it. Our military has to focus on modernization not on this Gender diversity and equality crap. Like killbot said the military is not a place for social experiments.
Open fire with guns. Why did we sign a stupid no fire arms agreement.

SKC

Country flag
A fight in Street is not same as fight inside ring!
In streets mob mentality takes over, no matter how much bulky the girl is the boys can do nasty things. Also the person who wields any kind of arms or knifes will win.

Phantom sierra

Country flag
Mate you are just delusional, do u think any woman can survive against the like of Justin gaethje, khabib and Anderson d silva? It won't be a match just an execution. Show me one woman fighter who has the guts to take on Mike Tyson in his prime. The world Cup winning team of women's football lost to u 15 kids. Exceptions are just exceptions.....

srevster

Country flag
Mate you are just delusional, do u think any woman can survive against the like of Justin gaethje, khabib and Anderson d silva? It won't be a match just an execution. Show me one woman fighter who has the guts to take on Mike Tyson in his prime. The world Cup winning team of women's football lost to u 15 kids. Exceptions are just exceptions.....
You don't need to be stronger than Anderson Silva to serve in the military. You just need to pass the basic tests that the army uses to determine if you are qualified. Using your same logic. Can you beat Anderson Silva, or Mike Tyson? If you can't then you shouldn't be eligible to serve.

srevster

Country flag
All I hear is a lot of what aboutery and excuses. Woman can be strong and qualify to serve. Most of the keyboard warriors here probably can't run a 5K or do 15 pull ups but they have a lot of opinions on what women should be allowed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles