Indian Special Forces

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
In the older times when suppressors were a fancy thing ,only the pointman had a suppressor . If the team comes across a target that is needed to be dealt with silently , It was his job to take him down silently with his suppressed weapon .
This same thought process is still followed by us .Even though suppressors have become much cheaper, easy to produce . Heck you can even 3d print them now . We have overlooked the flash suppression and user hearing advantage that suppressors can provide .
The advantage supps provide is clearly evident with their widespread use in Ukr-Russ conflict ,a huge bulk of the frontline troops are using them on the both sides even country made ones .
Suppressors are actually a lot louder in real life compared to what you see in movies, more so with an 5.56 cal or higher. I was surprised the first time I heard it live given the perception we develop watching movies. In a CQB scenario, it's not just the pointmen or those leading the frontal assault who shoot but pretty much the entire squad and not equipping everyone with suppressors destroys the whole purpose. The same goes for ops in jungles n outdoors where an unsuppressed shot echoes the valley and the squad might be surrounded on all sides prompting every operator to engage unlike a CQB scenario where you have a general estimate of where the adversary is

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
We are not learning from our own
Most elite SF have a specialized org called "Center for lessons learned" where they actively review & analyze every op, training exercises and scenarios which includes squad movements, weapons handling, tactics n strategies employed which makes them to constantly update the SOP and training. The recent Netflix show "World's toughest forces" also showcases this, I believe the Jordanian SF episode

I heard IN established something on these lines (correct me if I'm wrong) which might be a reason Marcos are at the forefront in modernization. If we set our ego aside, I'm sure the Israelis, Yanks, Brits & French will be kind enough to send some trainers to modernize our forces and update the training standards while incorporating the practice of "continuous improvement"

lexz09

Most elite SF have a specialized org called "Center for lessons learned" where they actively review & analyze every op, training exercises and scenarios which includes squad movements, weapons handling, tactics n strategies employed which makes them to constantly update the SOP and training. The recent Netflix show "World's toughest forces" also showcases this, I believe the Jordanian SF episode

I heard IN established something on these lines (correct me if I'm wrong) which might be a reason Marcos are at the forefront in modernization. If we set our ego aside, I'm sure the Israelis, Yanks, Brits & French will be kind enough to send some trainers to modernize our forces and update the training standards while incorporating the practice of "continuous improvement"
Ideally we should had been closest to british... but considering the amount of dikriding we give to Israel, I don't think they would mind sending some ex-SOF instructors for training purposes especially since india is their #1 exporter.. Americans are nice. They send green berets.. French I don't know. They look conservative type

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Except Gen Yash Mor,Major Sahini and Major Sapru i see no aptitude in our guys and to be honest some lack intelligence also.
Yash Mor is one of the biggest clown I have seen recently. Full on SSB ratte baaje. His talks are substance less. You hear Sapru and Sahani sir, you can see that they know their job. They are qualified.
Don't know where you are fetching that he had his own info cell in punjab. Even if it's true, what was it used for ?
Pakistan me samjh aata hai, punjab me kya kar raha hai.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Yash Mor is one of the biggest clown I have seen recently. Full on SSB ratte baaje. His talks are substance less. You hear Sapru and Sahani sir, you can see that they know their job. They are qualified.
Don't know where you are fetching that he had his own info cell in punjab. Even if it's true, what was it used for ?
Since we are talking about generals, there is lt Gen Rakesh sharma and LT Gen raj shukla.
I find them knowledgeable and 'visionary'

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
Ideally we should had been closest to british... but considering the amount of dikriding we give to Israel, I don't think they would mind sending some ex-SOF instructors for training purposes especially since india is their #1 exporter.. Americans are nice. They send green berets.. French I don't know. They look conservative type
There's definitely some interactions between us and the Israelis but what we need are dedicated trainers. Post 26/11, Israel sent in two trainers to setup and establish a training regimen for Mumbai's Force-1

We should consider bringing in trainers from the following

MARCOS - SEALS, SBS, Shayetet 13
Para SF - Delta, SAS, Sayeret Matkal
Garuds - Shaldag/Unit 669, Anything under AFSOC or RAF's SFSG
NSG: GIGN, GSG9

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Look one guy high on hindutva didnt like him praising roza

You dont like him for any other reason

I am talking from purely his military career...ofcourse he is on YouTube to make money.

He had said in his last video that he made a OSINT cell and briefed his corp commander on the intel he had of Punjab and Pakistan to which the corp commander was impressed.

I know for a fact that he was high on innovation and taking new steps..he is a intellectual.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I
Since we are talking about generals, there is lt Gen Rakesh sharma and LT Gen raj shukla.
I find them knowledgeable and 'visionary'
i havent seen them but will search.

But very few Officers of Indian army make sense i am really sorry to say this..

i have doubts on the selection process or the lack of resource.

mupper2

Country flag
We should consider bringing in trainers from the following

I think you're artificially limiting your options, in your own neck of the woods there are qualit SOF Indian SOF could make connections with..
Philippines...LRR, NAVSOCOM/MARSOG, 710th SPOW
Aussies, SASR, Commandos, 4 SQN...
Plenty of options.

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
I think you're artificially limiting your options, in your own neck of the woods there are qualit SOF Indian SOF could make connections with..
Philippines...LRR, NAVSOCOM/MARSOG, 710th SPOW
Aussies, SASR, Commandos, 4 SQN...
Plenty of options.
The ones I quoted are more like OG units responsible for setting a benchmark and most SF around the world are structured around them. Not to mention, our frequent interactions and exercises with Israelis, Brits, Yanks and French to a certain extent

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
What you wrote is more like the best case scenario which won't happen even in a million years

CAGs don't take us seriously and don't even interact with us forget about sending instructor's to us especially Paras lmao

SAS ain't wasting time with us too

Yahoodis do cross train but you do know cross training are nothing special barring some excercises

Same With Garuds they do train extensively with Yahoodis infact they follow yahoodis the most but getting a guy to train the troops is tough for us but still for Garuds might be possible

Marcos are doing alright No SEAL team six is sending guys as instructor's but they can hire NATO ex sof definitely If not SEALS Marcos are only ones who actually train with SEALS and SBS so they are actually using their heads for once

NSG seems most likely one who will hire a decent Instructor they were the first ones to get Hari onboard too

Global Defence

New threads

Articles