Indian Special Forces

Arad Operator

Country flag
My guess is they will go for the same old Mepro mors .
Tbh, they are pretty good
As I already said, unit wise shopping.

Mepro MOR Pro is the best if we want to equip our whole SF and giving one in three operative a MX3 or MMX3/4 magnifiers is a good setup IMHO!

Our things like UBGLs, LAMs, Supps and etc can be issued as the Op if they are scarce:D

lexz09

Btw update on Arads!

It will be ordered unit wise and as per unit' requirement! Same for the attachments.
This is exactly where I feel we are doing wrong. Once the tests are completed, the weapon with rhe attachments should be standardized among all the units by SOF command. What accessories they wanna use in particular op should be left to the unit but atleast provide them everything. This unit by unit purchase (and if we want to buy, we'll buy attitude) is exactly why our SF is so messed up logistically. No 2 units are even close to each other in terms of equipment

VictorDelta4

Country flag
As the other's mentioned. Unit by unit purchase sets us back and makes the inventory a shitshow. Every other self respecting SF unit works on a standardised structure with freedom to choose secondaries like LPVOs etc.
Personally I feel like this is what we should adopt as well. Standardise the primary weapon and attachment with additional secondaries purchased based on unit recommendations or preferences.
You have plenty such examples like the URGI+EoTech XPS, M27 IAR+ VCOG + MCX +EoTech Hybrid!!

Arad Operator

Country flag
This is exactly where I feel we are doing wrong. Once the tests are completed, the weapon with rhe attachments should be standardized among all the units by SOF command. What accessories they wanna use in particular op should be left to the unit but atleast provide them everything. This unit by unit purchase (and if we want to buy, we'll buy attitude) is exactly why our SF is so messed up logistically. No 2 units are even close to each other in terms of equipment
Well you can see the unit wise shopping for helmets already going and even the camos, their should be a mandate that any SF team operating in certain theatre should wear a certain camo!

Well the part where you mentioned accessories, its too expensive and pointless to provide every operative with everything. Even the US don't do this, they always have a scarcity of SBRs and Rocket launchers in their Tier-1/2 units as they are bigger in size almost like our SF. DEVGRu and SFOD-D enjoys this privilege cuz of them being very small in numbers.

VictorDelta4

Country flag
Well you can see the unit wise shopping for helmets already going and even the camos, their should be a mandate that any SF team operating in certain theatre should wear a certain camo!

Well the part where you mentioned accessories, its too expensive and pointless to provide every operative with everything. Even the US don't do this, they always have a scarcity of SBRs and Rocket launchers in their Tier-1/2 units as they are bigger in size almost like our SF. DEVGRu and SFOD-D enjoys this privilege cuz of them being very small in numbers.
The Marines transitioned to M27 IAR+VCOG combo for its entire structure with the support troops & MARSOC getting M27/Reccee variant+EoTech and training getting KeyMod M16.. and other than their air units, they get peanuts when it comes to budget and hand me downs of other units.

lexz09

When I say provide everything, I don't mean delta level guns. This should be enough in my opinion if you could standardize it across all the units.. and maybe some supressors for 4 guys out of 10. (Ignore the gun pls and I would prefer eotech holo over mepro red dot)
images (19).jpeg

Arad Operator

Country flag
When I say provide everything, I don't mean delta level guns. This should be enough in my opinion if you could standardize it across all the units.. and maybe some supressors for 4 guys out of 10. (Ignore the gun pls)View attachment 258296
This I also agree with, I think you didn't get my say.
I was referring to the attachments like Magnifier, Supps, UBGLs, Bipods, LVPOs and LAMs(From the above pic also).

Arad Operator

Country flag
The Marines transitioned to M27 IAR+VCOG combo for its entire structure with the support troops & MARSOC getting M27/Reccee variant+EoTech and training getting KeyMod M16.. and other than their air units, they get peanuts when it comes to budget and hand me downs of other units.
The Marines did it for the Expeditionary forces and MARSOC only, AFAIK. The whole force equipped with this is around 10-12k personnel:)

kaboom

Country flag
My vote is to equip the leading battalions (the og ones) with proper standardized and high end setups .

As for the other/new ones , just let them be and figure things out for themselves .
Heck don't give them anything new . Let them first work on the more important things .

Arad Operator

Country flag
My vote is to equip the leading battalions (the og ones) with proper standardized and high end setups .
As for the other/new ones , just let them be and figure things out for themselves .
Not happening brother, the COs of OG unit's would themselves resist any such discriminatory policies. Officers of OG units command the new/recently converted units. For ex. Col from 1 can be commanding 5 or any other unit, 11SF officer could be commanding 4 SF and many such cases.

kaboom

Country flag
Not happening brother, the COs of OG unit's would themselves resist any such discriminatory policies. Officers of OG units command the new/recently converted units. For ex. Col from 1 can be commanding 5 or any other unit, 11SF officer could be commanding 4 SF and many such cases.
Well if the COs don't like discrimination they better start setting things right, they have a lot to do .

We all know how competitive SF teams can be .

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
And a handful of suppressors for the pointmen
Where's the advantage in only equipping the pointment with suppressors and not the entire squad?
Let's hope these unit purchases are used in actual ops and not limited to parades to begin with. Standardization is a whole new ballgame which is alien to IA, lowkey allergic to our generals and it's best folks here have the least expectations on that front

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Yes that's true and Infantry and other units also are very biased.

They are very unit oriented which is not always nation oriented.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Well if the COs don't like discrimination they better start setting things right, they have a lot to do .

We all know how competitive SF teams can be .
How?

until few years ago the unit was a infantry unit or a airborne unit...one probation and that too a full unit probation for infatry and nothing for airborne units have converted them.

Except ragda they have no idea what a SF is.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Where's the advantage in only equipping the pointmen with suppressors and not the entire squad?

Let's hope these unit purchases are used in actual ops and not limited to parades to begin with. Standardization is a whole new ballgame which is alien to IA, lowkey allergic to our generals and it's best folks here have the least expectations on that front
The problem is simple. The brass wants it done on the cheap. They are either shortsighted or forced to deal with a meager joke of a budget. PARA SF must be modernized and kitted on the lines of NATO SOF units. Even at the cost of downsizing the force or downsizing the Army's total active manpower. Basic things like Molle cut plate carriers, utility pouches, Comtacs, LAMs, modern NODs are rare. Then there's the piss poor joke of a rifle setup with a sole reflex sight. Ancient NODs if ever, No standardization of modern CCR kits, 3 different helmets in the same unit, followed by 5 different camos. The very notion of "special forces" is not taken seriously. If a force cannot be equipped on the lines of current global equipment standards and doctrine, it's an SF in mandate only, not in capability. If this is how low Brass will spend on each operator, might as well downgrade the forces to Commando status.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles