Indian Special Forces

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Quite old video of 31RR OP in Shopian, when the unit had a mixture of PARA SF/Airborne, JAKRIF,JAKLI and Ladakh Scouts... Nk Sub Uttam Singh SM retired as the SM of 3SF and also got a Army Chief Commendation Card for some cross border OP.:D

Now 31RR is just PARA SF chaps with some chaps from a Tier-1 unit within the PARA SF...
If iam not wrong only SG is considered T-1 unit right?

Arad Operator

Country flag
If iam not wrong only SG is considered T-1 unit right?
SG is not an SF first of all, its mandates were different when it was created, when it was re-raised the mandate was changed again and at present its mandate is different!

The unit I mentioned is an unit within the Army SF:)

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
They have moved onto CAT tourniquet. Idk if you are right abt this esmarch thing ?

Most of the times, the helmet is not ill fitting (heck it comes in just two sizes M/L and XL), it's just that the guys are not aware about setting up the retension system.
Look at the pics of 9 para, all helmets sit the way they should. For tactics, I would suggest you to closely study the kit being worn.
Dump pouches, multiple placard configurations on the plate carrier, using m4a1s, IR chemlights, adopting paddle belt/high rise holsters and utilizing tech like BFTs. If you know exactly what these are, you'll have a rough Idea about how they must have developed decent SOPs compared to a lot of units.
In Tier-1/2 US SF/SoF units helmets are tailor made according to each soldier.Here it is not practical.

lexz09

SG is not an SF first of all, its mandates were different when it was created, when it was re-raised the mandate was changed again and at present its mandate is different!

Bro I'll ask.. is that unit affiliated with a number?

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Possible to name the unit?

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
You can't pay me enough to be his security in charge .
I will krill myself due to the stress induced by his recklessness
Definitely a very stressful job and one of the hardest that's why always highly rated SPG guys

Arad Operator

Country flag
Surely will make a post on SG, will try to clear as many doughts as possible!

[Note: Can't change the mindset of exfarts who think SG is some superhuman unit, those days are long gone.]
Humble request to all knowledgeables here, someone clear this SG khichdi by writing a good post.
That can also be used for future reference incase new members come or any other developments happen.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles