Indian Special Forces

airborneCommando

Country flag
Unless you are really remote and operating in a GPS denied environment, and with the advent of radios like the MPU5s, wideband tape whip VHF antennas are or will soon be a thing of the past for most modern military. And IA will introduce them as a modern day upgrade!
Not really imho, mpu5 alone can't be the one stop solution.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@Arad Operator bhai
When u get some details about cct training in tacde by garuds
Pls do post it here
When u think it's appropriate
Very much excited to know about it

lexz09

Are their any plans in special forces to finally part away with those God forsaken tavors atleast in next 5 years or they gonna stick with them for 1-2 more decades? Especially paras. I heard personally operators prefer ar15s over bullpups so why isn't the army giving attention??

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Are their any plans in special forces to finally part away with those God forsaken tavors atleast in next 5 years or they gonna stick with them for 1-2 more decades? Especially paras. I heard personally operators prefer ar15s over bullpups so why isn't the army giving attention??
Bullpups aren't going anywhere from tevors to X-95 they are here to stay weather you like it or not

DumbPilot

Country flag
So tacde trains for cct
Noice!
Why would TACDE train someone for CCT? AFAIK the CCT role is useful as an overlooking "airboss" of sorts during jumps with respect to relaying information, maintaining separation of airplanes during paradrops, etc

TACDE is a dedicated REDFOR-esque institution where they pass over the skills and training to a new generation of pilots -- I don't see why they would be training the Garuds over there, they must have a separate school for it.

Unless, of course, you meant that TACDE trains its pilots for CCT, which I also find kind of dubious - CCTs, in this day and age, for fighter pilots, only serve the role of a JTAC, which means they must be covered in the B-course or equivalent for the IAF pilots, not in the TACDE course - which is an institution for premier pilots.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Why would TACDE train someone for CCT? AFAIK the CCT role is useful as an overlooking "airboss" of sorts during jumps with respect to relaying information, maintaining separation of airplanes during paradrops, etc

TACDE is a dedicated REDFOR-esque institution where they pass over the skills and training to a new generation of pilots -- I don't see why they would be training the Garuds over there, they must have a separate school for it.

Unless, of course, you meant that TACDE trains its pilots for CCT, which I also find kind of dubious - CCTs, in this day and age, for fighter pilots, only serve the role of a JTAC, which means they must be covered in the B-course or equivalent for the IAF pilots, not in the TACDE course - which is an institution for premier pilots.
Like he said TACDE is for both air and ground training.

fun fact-The crew who shot the mi17 in sri after balakote was TACDE instructor

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Earlier even I used to believe tacde is for specialized training of pilots and ground crews
But @Arad Operator has given update that cct is being trained by tacde

And even if we join the dots I have seen 3-4 pics of garuds with tacde patch and that doesn't seem to be just ground duty training
Definitely CCT is being trained there

Let's wait he will try bringing some update

lexz09

Bullpups aren't going anywhere from tevors to X-95 they are here to stay weather you like it or not
Hating bullpups should be normalized. I'm all for indigenous cheap spec op configured m72 carbine made in collaboration with SSS customized to our SOF needs over pricy overhyped shitty izraeli pu$$y guns which their own SOF hesitates to use

airborneCommando

Country flag
Hating bullpups should be normalized. I'm all for indigenous cheap spec op configured m72 carbine made in collaboration with SSS customized to our SOF needs over pricy overhyped shitty izraeli pu$$y guns which their own SOF hesitates to use
first few pages on this thread literally say the same but in better depth. Y'all always prove me right -
That's what it's actually supposed to be, we are stuck in a vicious cycle of some new member bringing up old pic, a member defending it, another member discussing his family life, some blackpilled guys, some guys with hope, someone discussing CI/CT tactics, someone posting YT vids of a firang civie teaching home defense tactics and claiming it to be the solution of it all. This in my opinion dilutes the actual meaningful discussions.
[/QUOTE

Global Defence

New threads

Articles