Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Pak will still be an enemy as much as we can ignore so. They are closer militarily wrt indians than indians are with china. I wouldn’t count them out just yet they will still be a pain on the western border.

agreed with china though. They are making insane progress yearly. The IA leadership needs a huge wake up call.
The more time goes on the more I think NAM/strategic autonomy is not about 4d chess and securing one’s own interests but trying to keep the reality of the emperor being naked a secret. Paper tiger doesn’t even cover it- no one would even consider India a tiger of any sort.

whether it’s pacifism or an ingrained myopia in the subcontinent’s people I don’t know but I can see why there’s plenty of analysts that don’t necessarily agree that India’s great power status is assured merely through the passage of time. Has india ever been that?

Jedi Operator

Country flag
The only people IRA truly feared were the SAS and Mi5, does anyone think PAFF really fear the paras? SAS used to go deep into the republic and track down IRA across the globe, Paras are being ambushed by the very guys they are meant to be hunting
Well, I'll be saying that the SAS had 'shoot to kill' authorization, but not always. Most of the intel, the SAS got was pure BS! Read Soilder - 'I' by Pete Winner or The Regiment by Rusty Fermin, they all talk that before the Regiment became famous in the Embassy Siege, they were hardly getting any good successes because the higher ups would not see them anymore than a commando outfit, sending nine of them to face of an entire communist Army in Mirbat (one of the only few times after 1945 and prior to 1980s, that the SAS were taken seriously)

If you read another book, called First into Action by former SBS guy, he talkes about a guy codenamed "O' Sally" known to have killed alot of special forces members and had a tight security. His first ambush was to kill that guy and it failed.

Lastly, SAS had less to do with IRA's defeat than 14 Int. Mi5 did not do much. The now called SRR "special reconnaissance regiment" was called 14 Intellegence Company or the "Det" back then. They did much of the work. SAS and SBS lads would fill in roles and go on two year deputation, just like Para SF do in SG in order to be involved in a proper mission against the IRA.

In those days, as Former Navy SEAL Chuck Pfarrer recounts an SAS soilder who was friends with him that the SAS and IRA would play a cowboy's sniper showdown in Belfast. The IRA would be smuggled into buildings via trucks, the SAS would do the same. Both would dig holes in buildings and try sniping each other. He wrote this in his book "Warrior Soul" comparing the craftmanship of this style of warfare with the foolish looking peacekeeping operations he did in Beruit, 1983

Lastly, do you know how many civies got killed in all the SAS and MRF shootings, dont bang heads about the 3 civies killed in Kashmir if you want the same results. And the main factor is that Margret Thatcher was actually the first one to take the threat of terrorism seriously.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
No offence but this kind of pettiness is what has led to this mess- IA reduced to fighting a sector at a time and avenging individual casualties

the whole point of an insurgency is not an overnight military victory but to tie down a much larger military force and weaken them insidiously over time. It’s hard to argue this isn’t exactly what has happened to the IA in the last 3 decades.

and why the barbarity? Because they wanted to provoke animalistic reactions from the local units that would inevitably feed into their oppression narrative and lo and behold that’s exactly what fhe IA gave them. I mean forget about losing the strategic narrative after events like balakot, IA lost all information warfare capabilities overnight- the videos that emerged of the detained being executed were filmed BY THEMSELVES

death by a thousand cuts was always the aim and look where they are, Chinese must be rubbing their hands knowing the IA is their largest foe in the region and not a JSDF of similar scale

crappy equipment oh but we have good tactics,

crappy tactics but oh we have good discipline

crappy discipline….
People won’t understand professionalism.People here who cry over the barbaricity of terrorists are the very same ones who clap when they hears stories of our boys beheading Pakis .People complaining of the lack of Humint are the very same ones who champion for the extra judicial killings of civilians.Clearly they don’t have any idea how intel is collected.You won’t get any intel if you go torturing each and everyone.But people wont understand.They only want revenge sitting back a keyboard.
We need to go back to CIT-X J days hit back at those directly responsible for this shit on their own turf rather than act goofy and alienate the civilians

Jedi Operator

Country flag
People won’t understand professionalism.People here who cry over the barbaricity of terrorists are the very same ones who clap when they hears stories of our boys beheading Pakis .People complaining of the lack of Humint are the very same ones who champion for the extra judicial killings of civilians.Clearly they don’t have any idea how intel is collected.You won’t get any intel if you go torturing each and everyone.But people wont understand.They only want revenge sitting back a keyboard.
We need to go back to CIT-X J days hit back at those directly responsible for this shit on their own turf rather than act goofy and alienate the civilians
They are redblooded youths or overly hyper adults who want instant gratification. So they say things like there should be collective punishment in India too. Everybody should lean with their thoughts otherwise you are not worth giving your opinions to them. They have the mob mentality and do not differ from those they despise

Nightshade1992

Country flag
Just to let you guys know that in Adani there many EX- SAS, SBS, French Foreign Legion (GCP), some US SF and Indian SF working as close protection detail for both static and dynamic purposes. My Cofounder Major Sahani recently did a joint exercise with these guys in a firing range. Some of the offshore sites outside India are protected by PMC's completely funded by Adani.

Kumaoni

Just to let you guys know that in Adani there many EX- SAS, SBS, French Foreign Legion (GCP), some US SF and Indian SF working as close protection detail for both static and dynamic purposes. My Cofounder Major Sahani recently did a joint exercise with these guys in a firing range. Some of the offshore sites outside India are protected by PMC's completely funded by Adani.
Nice to see hardcore operators from the best working with eachother. Do you think we could have a similar project in kashmir?

Nightshade1992

Country flag
These are one of many challenge coins given by the SAS and SBS operatives to Major Sahani after the joint training session. Just to let you people know that itna easily challenge coin koi deta nahi unless and until they are impressed. It's a tradition in the western SF community regarding the same
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-25 at 15.23.35.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-25 at 15.23.25.jpeg

Blademaster

It will only last as long as the money lasts. They only have loyalty to the greenback.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Bhaiya when will our sf be this capable and equipped aab to thak Gaya hu copium kar kar ke bhi imagine we we hired these guys for training uff

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Kar sab sakte hai, paisa bhi hai to raise, train and equip already existing SF battalions but corrupt and chaatu logo ki kami ni hai military mai unfortunately.
Heartbreaking it is Marcos are the only ones I see as sf going forward maybe they will hire some good trainers.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles