Indian Special Forces

IndiaRising

Country flag
PAFF are doing real surgical strikes living in enemy territory Hiding in mountain especially in winters Fighting against professional army with low level of support what they are doing is best but we as so called vishwav guru just sitting ducks Imagine if Pakistan in place of India ( firepower and Strong economy ) they just vanish our identities
when you move an entire brigade from Reasi to Ladakh, there is nothing else you can expect. Seals, Berets... everyone would shit in their pants facing these odds.

Kumaoni

when you move an entire brigade from Reasi to Ladakh, there is nothing else you can expect. Seals, Berets... everyone would shit in their pants facing these odds.
Doesn’t IA still have a overwhelming numerical superiority in this region,

IndiaRising

Country flag
Doesn’t IA still have a overwhelming numerical superiority in this region,
No thats the entire point. they are taking advantages of our gaps in manned surveillance. HUMINT is completely dry and PAFF has done well to operate in buddy pairs, which lowers risk of detection. although i must say they enjoy tremendous local support in their niche area of operations, which means that the main planners sitting in PoK must be oldies belonging to this area.

Kumaoni

No thats the entire point. they are taking advantages of our gaps in manned surveillance. HUMINT is completely dry and PAFF has done well to operate in buddy pairs, which lowers risk of detection. although i must say they enjoy tremendous local support in their niche area of operations, which means that the main planners sitting in PoK must be oldies belonging to this area.
Hmm, so are the convoys and patrols entering these gaps which have been vacated and getting ambushed as a result?

IndiaRising

Country flag
Hmm, so are the convoys and patrols entering these gaps which have been vacated and getting ambushed as a result?
obviously. look they had the time to ambush, kill, walk up to dead soldiers, behead them, record their videos and disappear in plain sight before Indian Army could even arrive as back up. either it shows poor coordination at battalion level since this is 48 RR AOR or there has to be a deficit in man coverage in this area prior to the start of the encounter. they are picking and choosing where to ambush on this premise.

Kumaoni

obviously. look they had the time to ambush, kill, walk up to dead soldiers, behead them, record their videos and disappear in plain sight before Indian Army could even arrive as back up. either it shows poor coordination at battalion level since this is 48 RR AOR or there has to be a deficit in man coverage in this area prior to the start of the encounter. they are picking and choosing where to ambush on this premise.
Question- are civilians leading the army to these ambushes? The encounter in Kokernag has me strongly believing so

IndiaRising

Country flag
Question- are civilians leading the army to these ambushes? The encounter in Kokernag has me strongly believing so
whats even more concerning is not one single cop of JKP has died in these encounters other than the DSP who died in Kokernag.

Kumaoni

whats even more concerning is not one single cop of JKP has died in these encounters other than the DSP who died in Kokernag.
PAFF is playing the small number ambush game.

I’d argue that this kind of insurgency is harder to fight than iraq or kashmir 90s kind of insurgency. Keep in mind, when you are facing thousands of militants in the same group, you can get intel on them easily. But these group of 40-50, it’s hard to find anything. not to mention, they can ambush parties of 4-5 and get away with with no casualties in

IndiaRising

Country flag
PAFF is playing the small number ambush game.

I’d argue that this kind of insurgency is harder to fight than iraq or kashmir 90s kind of insurgency. Keep in mind, when you are facing thousands of militants in the same group, you can get intel on them easily. But these group of 40-50, it’s hard to find anything. not to mention, they can ambush parties of 4-5 and get away with with no casualties in
thats why it makes no sense to play this defensively, otherwise you will have to give up your surge capacity in Ladakh. you have to go for elimination of PoK villagers like we did back in the 90s. there has to be a visible cost otherwise there is no incentive for them to stop.

Kumaoni

thats why it makes no sense to play this defensively, otherwise you will have to give up your surge capacity in Ladakh. you have to go for elimination of PoK villagers like we did back in the 90s. there has to be a visible cost otherwise there is no incentive for them to stop.
Would op sarp vinash 2.0 work? I feel like that would be better then attacking PoK villagers because that strategy clearly didn’t work as militancy reached its peak in early 2000s

IndiaRising

Country flag
Would op sarp vinash 2.0 work? I feel like that would be better then attacking PoK villagers because that strategy clearly didn’t work as militancy reached its peak in early 2000s
no it makes no sense to do something which you have already done.he will be well-prepared for that. also they have amalgamated themselves in the local surroundings and they are relatively few in numbers with no one single node like Hill Kaka from where they operate. its like finding a needle in a haystack. the solution lies in replicating their tactics but in PoK.

abingdonboy

Country flag
It's humiliating and anguishing brother!

Feel like taking a chainsaw and go after em!!

Don't know what army is planning but these pigs deserve to be slaughtered in the worst way!
No offence but this kind of pettiness is what has led to this mess- IA reduced to fighting a sector at a time and avenging individual casualties

the whole point of an insurgency is not an overnight military victory but to tie down a much larger military force and weaken them insidiously over time. It’s hard to argue this isn’t exactly what has happened to the IA in the last 3 decades.

and why the barbarity? Because they wanted to provoke animalistic reactions from the local units that would inevitably feed into their oppression narrative and lo and behold that’s exactly what fhe IA gave them. I mean forget about losing the strategic narrative after events like balakot, IA lost all information warfare capabilities overnight- the videos that emerged of the detained being executed were filmed BY THEMSELVES

death by a thousand cuts was always the aim and look where they are, Chinese must be rubbing their hands knowing the IA is their largest foe in the region and not a JSDF of similar scale

crappy equipment oh but we have good tactics,

crappy tactics but oh we have good discipline

crappy discipline….

abingdonboy

Country flag
so earlier that Kashmir insurgency we saw was different, these guys behave like the IRA, they even chose a name that's different and more politically inclined. We need to really start operating perfectly again otherwise their attacks will just escalate.
The only people IRA truly feared were the SAS and Mi5, does anyone think PAFF really fear the paras? SAS used to go deep into the republic and track down IRA across the globe, Paras are being ambushed by the very guys they are meant to be hunting

Kumaoni

No offence but this kind of pettiness is what has led to this mess- IA reduced to fighting a sector at a time and avenging individual casualties

the whole point of an insurgency is not an overnight military victory but to tie down a much larger military force and weaken them insidiously over time. It’s hard to argue this isn’t exactly what has happened to the IA in the last 3 decades.

and why the barbarity? Because they wanted to provoke animalistic reactions from the local units that would inevitably feed into their oppression narrative and lo and behold that’s exactly what fhe IA gave them. I mean forget about losing the strategic narrative after events like balakot, IA lost all information warfare capabilities overnight- the videos that emerged of the detained being executed were filmed BY THEMSELVES

death by a thousand cuts was always the aim and look where they are, Chinese must be rubbing their hands knowing the IA is their largest foe in the region and not a JSDF of similar scale

crappy equipment oh but we have good tactics,

crappy tactics but oh we have good discipline

crappy discipline….
Can’t one argue this has also happened to pak?With the TTP and BLA?

abingdonboy

Country flag
Can’t one argue this has also happened to pak?With the TTP and BLA?
And? I don’t give a sh!t about the pakis. Until Indians wake up and stop with the desi drama and thinking everything is a Ind vs Pak d!k measuring contest and see the guy behind the guy behind the curtain are the commies nothing will change.

Actually I believe nothing will change regardless- Indian public is too conditioned for the masala Ind vs Pak drama and Indian strategic (using that term very loosely) leadership knows the gap to China requires too much effort to close

much easier to keep tit for tat Bollywood level scripts

Kumaoni

And? I don’t give a sh!t about the pakis. Until Indians wake up and stop with the desi drama and thinking everything is a Ind vs Pak d!k measuring contest and see the guy behind the guy behind the curtain are the commies nothing will change.

Actually I believe nothing will change regardless- Indian public is too conditioned for the masala Ind vs Pak drama and Indian strategic (using that term very loosely) leadership knows the gap to China requires too much effort to close

much easier to keep tit for tat Bollywood level scripts
Pak will still be an enemy as much as we can ignore so. They are closer militarily wrt indians than indians are with china. I wouldn’t count them out just yet they will still be a pain on the western border.

agreed with china though. They are making insane progress yearly. The IA leadership needs a huge wake up call.

abingdonboy

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles