Indian Special Forces

DumbPilot

Country flag
The Wire ke reporters and journalists waise bhi jhantu log hote hai
At the risk of sounding obvious: doesn't the article raise good points about military history and tradition being preserved? Unless the article is simply exaggerating(talking about the IA decision with regards to Commonwealth War Graves Association and the IN enlisted ranks)

The IN bit is a lot more confusing - officers retain English ranks, but non-officers don't - isn't this basically creating some sort of divide(on paper, atleast! never know about reality)

Jedi Operator

Country flag
At the risk of sounding obvious: doesn't the article raise good points about military history and tradition being preserved? Unless the article is simply exaggerating(talking about the IA decision with regards to Commonwealth War Graves Association and the IN enlisted ranks)

The IN bit is a lot more confusing - officers retain English ranks, but non-officers don't - isn't this basically creating some sort of divide(on paper, atleast! never know about reality)
what does it mean though....to retain english ranks and not to ?

Jedi Operator

Country flag
rank names of anything below officer rank(enlisted) are changed from their "English" names(like seaman, petty officer etc) to some Indianized version
no, that happens in army. In navy I've never heard about any Indian version of the rank. Like in army they'd call a sergeant a havildar and so forth.

Now it's different to the NATO version obviosuly, but our navy follows the same rank structure for all as all the commonwealth countries do.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
no, that happens in army. In navy I've never heard about any Indian version of the rank. Like in army they'd call a sergeant a havildar and so forth.

Now it's different to the NATO version obviosuly, but our navy follows the same rank structure for all as all the commonwealth countries do.
oh all right, I got what you were asking. I think it's stupid to use Shivaji's rank structure fir our current navy. Kher ab bat hogyi, you want to continue the discussion here ? Vesse SF thread hei ye

Jedi Operator

Country flag
1701973639790.png

A West-Coast based Naval Special Warfare Operator conducts aerial sniper training with an Indian Marine Commando Force (MARCOS) Operator from a CH-3 Sea King assigned to the Indian Marine Commando Flight during a joint training exercise in CAVELLOSIM, GOA, INDIA 11.07.2023
📸by Petty Officer 1st Class Chelsea Meiller

JConline

Country flag
View attachment 231771

A West-Coast based Naval Special Warfare Operator conducts aerial sniper training with an Indian Marine Commando Force (MARCOS) Operator from a CH-3 Sea King assigned to the Indian Marine Commando Flight during a joint training exercise in CAVELLOSIM, GOA, INDIA 11.07.2023

Isn't Naval Special Warfare Group stand for SEAL Team 6?
So MARCOS aren't just training with SEALs, they're training with Tier 1 operators. God damn 😳😳

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
View attachment 231771

surprisingly no vajra prahar pics on this website

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
Regular seals are referred to as NSW also.

Seal Team 6 is called DEVGRU or NSW-DEVGRU
Does DEVGRU even participate in joint exercises or I assume not under the identity of DEVGRU to ensure they don't reveal the identity of their tier-I operators

JConline

Country flag
Does DEVGRU even participate in joint exercises or I assume not under the identity of DEVGRU to ensure they don't reveal the identity of their tier-I operators
Yeah, they do. And it's usually with other equally secretive units like SAS or SBS and I'm pretty sure these never come out in the press.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles