Indian Special Forces

Jedi Operator

Country flag

Aspirant847

Country flag
First minute into the interview and he already seems like the kind of guy who would be no different to Rob O' Neil. Btw inki awaz deep hei, I thought vo HTV 18 ki documentary mei kaffi zyada edit kardi thi, but seems quite recognizable.
how did you come to that conclusion man

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
athe korean SF guys have the same problem, they were complaining how the americans get to shoot all they want and they have to collect shells.
American soldiers are able to shoot all they want because the cost per bullet is a fraction of what it is in India by proportion of their total non-capital expenditure. You can buy a box of rounds in the US (as a legal gun owner) for peanuts. Compare that the ban on guns in India, restricting the economies of scale & thereby raising the price per round.

The only way I see our forces getting more freedom from this babugiri is by easing gun ownership (with stringent checks and balances). It would:

1. Drive the cost per round down
  2. Create better economies of scale
  3. Allow the forces to save on non-capital expenditure
  4. Create a credible tertiary armed base of trained people (traceable when required)
  5. In cases of internal political violence, "level" the playing field, and allow citizens to cooperate better with the police forces in stopping hostile elements who anyway have kattas and other country-made rifles/pistols.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
American soldiers are able to shoot all they want because the cost per bullet is a fraction of what it is in India by proportion of their total non-capital expenditure. You can buy a box of rounds in the US (as a legal gun owner) for peanuts. Compare that the ban on guns in India, restricting the economies of scale & thereby raising the price per round.

The only way I see our forces getting more freedom from this babugiri is by easing gun ownership (with stringent checks and balances). It would:

4. Create a credible tertiary armed base of trained people (traceable when required)
  5. In cases of internal political violence, "level" the playing field, and allow citizens to cooperate better with the police forces in stopping hostile elements who anyway have kattas and other country-made rifles/pistols.
Thats a lousy excuse for special forces..SAS dont seem to have that problem.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

Bad decision i would say.It will give rise to excessive gun proliferated and in turn will give rise to excessive crime figures.Would result in more sophisticated guns getting in hands of criminals and mass shootouts may happen

abingdonboy

Country flag
I think the scarring of SLR by AKs in Lanka has effectively made them resent locally made weapons
Please.

foreign $$$ has made them resent locally made weapons/projects. Their treatment of Arjun and ATAGS is not much short of abject contempt for their existence. Itโ€™s not a coincidence that every time these projects start to mature the IA HQ releases a buy (global) tender- Arjun MK1A= FRCV RFI, ATAGS=155/52 towed gun RFI

a country that can put rovers on the South Pole of the moon canโ€™t make a half decent assault rifleโ€ฆ.,really?

Chinese are getting their acts together, they Are not the human wave military of the 1960s, they will make the Indian mil look like complete amateurs if given the chance

abingdonboy

Country flag

Some of the finest SOFs in the world come from countries with extremely limited ammo production (U.K., Nordic countries, Western Europe etc)

the cost of ammo is literally pennies compared to the training and other equipment that is thrown at the top tier operators in the world. How many millions of rounds could you buy for even 1 set of GPNVG-18s? 10,000,000?

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Bad decision i would say.It will give rise to excessive gun proliferated and in turn will give rise to excessive crime figures.Would result in more sophisticated guns getting in hands of criminals and mass shootouts may happen
i disagree.
What i worry about is they will operate their guns like they operate their motor vehicles, extremely recklessly.

kaboom

Country flag
i disagree.
What i worry about is they will operate their guns like they operate their motor vehicles, extremely recklessly.
many may not believe but there are lots of weapons (aks and shit) ..... in the dark
frankly many places are Marawi in making

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Some of the finest SOFs in the world come from countries with extremely limited ammo production (U.K., Nordic countries, Western Europe etc)

the cost of ammo is literally pennies compared to the training and other equipment that is thrown at the top tier operators in the world. How many millions of rounds could you buy for even 1 set of GPNVG-18s? 10,000,000?
The SOFs of the countries you said are lesser in numbers than the havildars of a small state constabulary. Just look at their approximate numbers available online. These countries are normally involved in coalition warfare and use their SF units like mercenaries to achieve overseas objectives under NATO.

How many operations do you think a Swedish or Norwegian or a Polish SOF conducts a year compared to the spread that Indian SFs have and conduct in various parts of the country's restive zones? Not even a fraction. This, combined with their wealth, allows them to focus on material modernization faster than it allows ours.

That being said, I am telling you what I have been told by the people in uniform. The restrictions on collecting spent cases are archaic and exist from the time when our government had a smaller budget and had limited means.

The babudom has not changed any rules because "why bother?".

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Like I said, the gun law in India should not be like the US. It needs to be limited to specific types of guns. Hunting rifles, shotguns, pistols for personal defence, etc., with a stringent licensing criteria.

Do you know what is India's police to civilian ratio? 152 policemen for every 1 lakh people, including the lathi equipped constables.

Tell me, how are they supposed to maintain peace with no weapons, limited infrastructure and limited manpower?

Rioters, arsonists and extremists will always be armed whether there is a gun law or not. Do you remember what happened in Delhi Riots 2020 when Donald Trump visited India? The one started by that AAP MLA? There are clear pictures of rioters seen armed with Molotov cocktails, kattas and pistols as well as long do-nalli guns. What weapon did their victims have? Their cellphones to call the cops and some random sticks against rioting mobs of fanatics.

Put yourself in a victim's shoes and imagine the scenario; hundreds of armed, fanatical, enraged men armed with weapons running towards your house. What would you do? Call thanedaars?

Now imagine yourself armed with a handgun and a legislation that approves self-defenses using lethal force if your life or the life of your loved ones is in danger. Do you think these rioters will still attack you after you dropped a few of their comrades in front of them?

Remember they were armed before such a law existed anyway because they had political connections to escape the law.

Of course not. They will hesitate 10 times as they see rioters dropping.

Levelling the playing field with effective checks and balances makes for a credible case of not just increased social safety, but also allows the arms industry to flourish rather than be dependent on one source as a client base. Remember our arms industry has gone through very bad days and has only started anew now.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles