Indian Special Forces

Aspirant847

Country flag
ya that's the vibe i got from the interview and hence posted here.

he did spoke out against fanboy ism as well and did say all forces deserve their due respect....the bisleri drinking ones too:) while staying appreciative of our guys.

very grounded, realistic opinions.

V Jacob in the interview initially said he never made a mistake and no one ever got injured/killed under his watch and yet covertly at the end added, i made only 1 mistake, no 1 was killed but somebody got injured and after that I left the SF!
So.... I'm not dissing him at all but he doesn't need to hide it, we ll r humans after all; the way he said it, i felt it still hurts his pride or something!
His father it seems was an ace shooter, believed to be one of the very best of 9, as per veterans!
but didn't he say the situation was bad in his family? some say his father retired as a col.

12arya

Country flag
but didn't he say the situation was bad in his family? some say his father retired as a col.
no. i think he said he had to take up responsibility early in life and had to get a job very young; hence he joined the army. that's wat i remember hearing:confused1: also that he didn't wanted to do it forever. also, he is not the only son i think. he got an elder bro as well. but it was vivek sir who joined the army.
but he indeed did say abt the mistake part. and no, i was in no way faulting him. he did his part; i just pointed out that he sounded a bit defensive abt that.

Last edited:

12arya

Country flag
also, his father was/is a very highly respected veteran of 9 and that he was an exceptional shooter; other sf veterans still talk of him with such reverence.

jik60

Country flag
Its not Ayethe!!!!! but nahi ate to kya karte!!!

Paras regimental training center, Bangaluru is located just 2-3 kms away from Yalahanka air base (where aero india takes place).

Still miss those golden days of 2011-2014 at Bang-Mumb-Pune, when I got to visit Aero-India series consecutively in 2011 n 2013. Golden era; not because, Khangress was at center but due to, the initial days of military jingoism and forum bazi. As MMRCA contract was at its peak at that time, the aero india series were a place to go, the ACs, the delegates, the crowd were just mesmerizing for an engineering grad, almost like a new world. 2013 version was a lit , all 5 old MMRCA contenders were present with their aircrafts including flying displays, but the showstopper was the aerobatic display by Russian Knights with their Su-27s, that was mind boggling.

Sorry!! for the out of topic post, but couldn't resist.

Scramjet

Country flag
Guys, a bit out of topic, but can someone explain the need of seperating out SF from para Regt. ? (In depth answer reqd.) Y'all can DM on instagram too (@specialforces_global)

abingdonboy

Country flag
Wtf is that load carrier on the first guy on the left? Not seen anything as bulky and cumbersome on an Indian SF maybe ever

once again it’s abundantly clear that Garuds operate in small teams dispersed across India. Some of these guys have quarter zip combat shirts and proper plate carriers, some of them have the standard untucked blouse with bulky PCs/FLCs

Having some guys in the same team with desert (beige) boots and some with standard black ones within the same team though is unforgivable.

Its not Ayethe!!!!! but nahi ate to kya karte!!!

Paras regimental training center, Bangaluru is located just 2-3 kms away from Yalahanka air base (where aero india takes place).

Still miss those golden days of 2011-2014 at Bang-Mumb-Pune, when I got to visit Aero-India series consecutively in 2011 n 2013. Golden era; not because, Khangress was at center but due to, the initial days of military jingoism and forum bazi. As MMRCA contract was at its peak at that time, the aero india series were a place to go, the ACs, the delegates, the crowd were just mesmerizing for an engineering grad, almost like a new world. 2013 version was a lit , all 5 old MMRCA contenders were present with their aircrafts including flying displays, but the showstopper was the aerobatic display by Russian Knights with their Su-27s, that was mind boggling.

Sorry!! for the out of topic post, but couldn't resist.
The PARA (SF) at aero India will be there as part of the security detail for COAS who usually

Their equipment levels continue to be an embarrassment

jik60

Country flag
The PARA (SF) at aero India will be there as part of the security detail for COAS who usually

yup, possible. But I am kind of skeptical on it, as the security of COAS would never allow random to take picture with them and all of them moves around the COAS, not an inch of deviation, almost like the SPG around PM.
But paras always do visit AI in multiple sections as one of their regimental training center is at yalahanka itself. I have seen them both in 2011 n 2013. I do remember in 2013 it was a batch from 21SF who were there as visitors not as part of security.

One operator even told me that they were in the verge of getting very advanced NVGs, I don't know what kind of advancement, he was referring to, at that time 8 years ago.

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
yup, possible. But I am kind of skeptical on it, as the security of COAS would never allow random to take picture with them and all of them moves around the COAS, not an inch of deviation, almost like the SPG around PM.
But paras always do visit AI in multiple sections as one of their regimental training center is at yalahanka itself. I have seen them both in 2011 n 2013. I do remember in 2013 it was a batch from 21SF who were there as visitors not as part of security.

One operator even told me that they were in the verge of getting very advanced NVGs, I don't know what kind of advancement, he was referring to, at that time 8 years ago.
The detail of COAS will be split into a close protection team who will be with him and a mobile security element that will remain outside and most likely with his motorcade. These guys are likely the latter then

If they were there as visitors they wouldn’t be armed and wouldn’t have comns.

rkhanna

Country flag
Wtf is that load carrier on the first guy on the left? Not seen anything as bulky and cumbersome on an Indian SF maybe ever

once again it’s abundantly clear that Garuds operate in small teams dispersed across India. Some of these guys have quarter zip combat shirts and proper plate carriers, some of them have the standard untucked blouse with bulky PCs/FLCs

Having some guys in the same team with desert (beige) boots and some with standard black ones within the same team though is unforgivable.

Garud are supposed to be on CT/Force protection duty, but seem more interested in getting 'grammed'. Anybody is allowed to go up to them and get them to pose.

Again I ask does the Indian military know what 'special operation's forces' are supposed to mean.

Aspirant847

Country flag
no. i think he said he had to take up responsibility early in life and had to get a job very young; hence he joined the army. that's wat i remember hearing:confused1: also that he didn't wanted to do it forever. also, he is not the only son i think. he got an elder bro as well. but it was vivek sir who joined the army.
but he indeed did say abt the mistake part. and no, i was in no way faulting him. he did his part; i just pointed out that he sounded a bit defensive abt that.
If your father is as good as you say his was, the pressure of being perfect is immense, he probably felt he lost respect in the eyes of his father or something.
also why would he need to take up responsibility early in life if all was good? I think he meant the family was not doing good financially

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles