Indian Special Forces

Gessler

Country flag
Sorry, I'm new here. But any particular reason why the operators in the SF are never seen using the C-clamp grip? Not for "tacticool" reasons but in general, never seen even one operator use it at all considering how common it is now worldwide.
Indian SF to the best of my knowledge are not taught the C-clamp, and don't practice it. Why? I don't claim to know but most likely because they haven't been exposed to it enough (weak argument because we've had way too many Vajra Prahaars). There is another reason...most of the rifles our SFs have are not very suitable for C-clamping.

The Tavor's handguard is way too bulky, c-clamping on traditional AK would block the iron sights, the M4A1s we have don't have really long handguards and have the big front sight. Utility of c-clamp is mostly null if the support arm isn't outstretched.

ranger.JPG

Part of the reason why Daniel Defense made those long RIS handguards for Rangers.

Edyk12

Country flag
I hope so, after 26/11 they have been carrying out drills throughout the country now, often in conjunction with the local units.

Killbot

Country flag
Sorry, I'm new here. But any particular reason why the operators in the SF are never seen using the C-clamp grip? Not for "tacticool" reasons but in general, never seen even one operator use it at all considering how common it is now worldwide.
They just don't use it. May be due to lack of knowledge..

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
I guess NSG must have floor plan data of all major locations in the city where they are deployed.
Dont know whether they have database of it, but they usually gets it from local municipal offices.
The operation to catch Ltte leader Sivasarasan got foiled because the owner of the house had altered the interiors without informing the municipality authorities, and without knowing this NSG planned yhe ops based on the building plan they obtained from municipality.

armyofhind

Country flag

Some thoughts on the C-Clamp Grip

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Posters ready to contribute positively without personal exchanges can start right away. I will sort out the list of collaborators to limit replies very soon if decorum is not maintained this time again.

Regards.
You should add a number at the end of the title to differentiate this thread from the previous Threads

Global Defence

New threads

Articles