Indian Special Forces

MrPresident

Country flag
Folks have few queries.

I see NSG operators are getting more muscular when compared to PARA SF, wonder if its a conscious decision or depending on individual. I see Para to be lean rather than muscular, is it coz of difference in the way they operate?

Are NSG derived only from PARA SF battalions or even folks from any branch of army can apply without being a PARA SF?

How good are CRPF QRT and COBRA, I always see them pushed to perimeter control in an encounter. RR and Para takes the lead. Is it not a good idea to deploy COBRA in the jungles rather than PARA and CRPF QRT for engaging local wannabies?

Phantom sierra

Country flag
Folks have few queries.

I see NSG operators are getting more muscular when compared to PARA SF, wonder if its a conscious decision or depending on individual. I see Para to be lean rather than muscular, is it coz of difference in the way they operate?
It's because of the ops para guys undertake. Sf chaps how to walk/run for long distances hence the lean body. But i guess that's changing because a lot of sf operatives have a well built muscular physique nowadays maybe the training has started giving importance to muscle strength

abingdonboy

Country flag
Folks have few queries.

Are NSG derived only from PARA SF battalions or even folks from any branch of army can apply without being a PARA SF?

How good are CRPF QRT and COBRA, I always see them pushed to perimeter control in an encounter. RR and Para takes the lead. Is it not a good idea to deploy COBRA in the jungles rather than PARA and CRPF QRT for engaging local wannabies?
I don’t know about what’s going on inside the military but can say 100% that CAPFs and in particular SPG and NSG place a lot of attention on strength training these days and have built modern gyms at the relevant locations for this purpose

Killbot

Country flag
No. Para SF. They use Galatz in large numbers. They were bought along with Tavors and a small number of Galil SARs.

Edit: Sorry, I thought you said SFF.

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
It's because of the ops para guys undertake. Sf chaps how to walk/run for long distances hence the lean body. But i guess that's changing because a lot of sf operatives have a well built muscular physique nowadays maybe the training has started giving importance to muscle strength
Ayy no homo.

US military didn't start to bulk until the 90s

This is us soldier during vietnam.

One could make a argument that since the soldiers were conscripts they won't be bulky.

For that u have pic from 80s

It is easier to get bulky than say building lean bulk as increasing muscle density while keeping the volume needs special concentration on food, training and Training.

Edyk12

Country flag
I don’t know about what’s going on inside the military but can say 100% that CAPFs and in particular SPG and NSG place a lot of attention on strength training these days and have built modern gyms at the relevant locations for this purpose
NSG in one of the videos also showed an indoor shooting range.

Killbot

Country flag
Seeing lots of AKs with NSG recently. Anyone know why? @abingdonboy? Also, they seem to be using EOTech XPS series holographic sights. So far, we've seen only EOTech 512s with Indian units. The pic isn't very clear and they are wearing black, so I may be wrong.

1608388347076.png

EOTech EXPS-3. Not sure if this is the one in the pic.

Screenshot_20201219-200416_Chrome~2.jpg

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
Seeing lots of AKs with NSG recently. Anyone know why? @abingdonboy? Also, they seem to be using EOTech XPS series holographic sights. So far, we've seen only EOTech 512s with Indian units. The pic isn't very clear and they are wearing black, so I may be wrong.

View attachment 71001
EOTech EXPS-3. Not sure if this is the one in the pic.

View attachment 71002
Almost the only place you see NSG with AKs is in JK I guess for obvious reasons although I believe they should have switched over to SBRs as standard issue for all operators

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles