Indian Special Forces

rohit b3

Country flag
43:10
@rohit b3
Ex major 4 para sf saying , we have long way to go and we are not better than sas or seals but we can be there "someday" .
Interesting video, but fair argument. But i still have the edge with Maj Jacob, Maj Thakur, Praveen Teotia Vs Maj Arjun :)
Also does this show the difference between "9" and "4"? I am curious..

vidhwanshak

Country flag
100% success hona hain..nahi toh pura ZERO? hmm?
SF carry a 30 kgs battle load. I guess they should have opened their back packs aur ek bagpack tour de diya hota on camera.
1656316410534.png

you need equipment like this at night.Raat me kisi ko kuch nahi dikhta bhai isliye ye equipemt bane hai.
Lekin Indian SF being fucking Sigma Male Chads ye sab bag me rakhti hai aur bina dekhe civilians ko thok deti hai.

Waanar

Country flag
Toh unka neighbors kaunsa badha "Pakistan/China" hain? And how much direct/indirect support does Israel get from the West in these wars? Btw fun fact : Even Indian troops are deployed in those areas under UN caps. Most likely some contingents of PARA/PARA SF too.
Never the less, not taking any credit from them. Israeli forces are highly capable. But so are their Indian counterparts.
So main bhi vohi na keh raha. LTTE was backed by no superpowers. So why did Indian SOFs fail where Sri Lankan SOFs succeed?
"Far more training and sophisticated pipeline" toh aap computer screen aur keyboard ke peeche se bol rahe ho naa. PARA SF ka 1 year basic training hota hain. Post that almost 2 years of advanced training in various institutions. How many days of that training you have attended to come to the conclusion?
Para SF has a total of 3 years of training before being put into the field?
Again i am repeating for the 1102324th time. Most of their equipment/training/ethos, etc are classified. I am not trying to pretend to be an expert and know what goes on behind closed doors. i am only concerned about the success...be it 50 year old 1971...or 21 Year old Sierra Leone or 7 year old ...Pakistan raids.
And most importantly. The stability even after 40 year old ongoing COIN in Kashmir and 50 year old ongoing in NE and thousands for ops linked to it.
How can you fight an insurgency for half a century without finishing it off and then claim it as a success story?
Again i am repeating for the 1102324th time. Most of their equipment/training/ethos, etc are classified. I am not trying to pretend to be an expert and know what goes on behind closed doors.

And Indian SOF need no lessons from US SOFs? Hell no, i never said that! Weapons/Equipment training, logistics training and implementation, etc, etc bahut sare aise areas hain where we benefit from them. there are surely other areas too which are discovered during the joint exercises.

But other areas...training, tactics , Sops and many more.. They take away from us.
Bro sahab doesn't know what's going on behind closed door but knows EXACTLY what we're lagging behind in and what we're better at to the letter.
You gave a funny example. Let me also give one. Take a group of experienced US Army Special forces with their best equipment and excellent marksmanship. From the Indian Side, take a similar number of Gorkhas with their average equipment.

When you drop both of them at 15,000-18,000 ft mountains to take out enemy positions.....and within the first day US units start getting sick and collapsing ...whats the use of those "sophisticated" equipment. Whats the use of your marksmanship training when ur not in a position to shoot at all?
You cant even reach your enemy
Meanwhile the Gorkhas.....well, do i need to say more?
I love how all of the Jai ho people use the same argument to the point where my comments are getting redundant now.
absolute stupid comparisons like "How would a Marine unit do in XYZ extreme environment where Indian Army has been training for years and the Marines will be dropped cold turkey without being acclimatized or trained for it?".
Well, shit dude, how about you give the exam for B.Tech's final year after preparing for MBBS and tell me how that goes?
Should start a "Waanar's FAQ section" just to save my time.

I've always said this though. We have a very competent mountain warfare force (and jungle warfare). We lag horribly in all the other sectors and weapon handling.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Every year such idiots come derail thread and we waste our time trying to make them understand
He thinks everything is war many things are beyond it and below and to maintain your sovereignty power and security u need most sharpest force that is sf
Our sf is pathetic and not made for modern war and they are deem to lose with this attitude
i have spent the last 15 years on these forums.

such people come every 6 months and vanish.

no one of them has stayed.

Their though process and thinking is not there to sustain.

We are still here on the other end.. still open to debates.. still wanting conversation.

Come here to clear doubts and engage.. and that is the purpose of these forums.

Some people come and post.. arey kya debate ho rha he bhai band karo... kyu bhai tum tamatar bechne atey ho kya.

khud kuch debate nhi karenge.. dusre karenge toh problem.. and any debate is good.. it only brings out information.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

kaha hai bhai idhar equipment?
andhera tha dikha nahi inhe aur civilians ko thok diya inhone.... kaha gya SOP? tactics? identify nhi kar paaye civvies ko ye log?
Let him go
One day his superiority complex will come down it is deem to come down
He doesn't even know them basics of sf organization
He doesn't want to understand and want to remain in jai ho syndrome let him be
He is just comparing Apples and Oranges
One more thing I want to tell him western sf have done ops manifold times than stupid para sf gernails could think and that too much critical than we face in Kashmir or north east

rohit b3

Country flag
View attachment 161633

you need equipment like this at night.Raat me kisi ko kuch nahi dikhta bhai isliye ye equipemt bane hai.
Lekin Indian SF being fucking Sigma Male Chads ye sab bag me rakhti hai aur bina dekhe civilians ko thok deti hai.
dekh bhai, its clear that i am trying to talk about the success rates and you are trying to talk about the failures.
You have any idea how many such civilian casualties/friendly fires occur both in India as well as among Western troops? irrespective of NVGs?

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

We are still here on the other end.. still open to debates.. still wanting conversation.

Some people come and post.. arey kya debate ho rha he bhai band karo... kyu bhai tum tamatar bechne atey ho kya.

khud kuch debate nhi karenge.. dusre karenge toh problem.. and any debate is good.. it only brings out information.
Bro I just wanted to say who want to learn and understand they will but people like him they will never no matter how much pages are spent on them
And I was among the first to argue with him but his brain is reluctant to understand

rohit b3

Country flag

LOL. Been on here for almost 10 years. Usually i dont engage in debates with my own countrymen, but this time i couldn stop myself when someone said "US and British Special forces are the best".
To be honest i miss the old days when members like Kunal Biswas, etc were active. Their posts made more sense and gave me an idea that some of those guys actually served .

Abhi toh sab apna "Theory" laga rahe hain, computer screen ke peeche se. Trying their best to put down our armed forces.

So

^^ another so called "theory".

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag

Yes accept the heroic and failure of Para SF And Para SF fails only because of lack of modern equipment . Major Sahani told good equipment makes a huge difference in a operation And there is also other 9 Para SF retired Major told in his operation time his OFB Mag Pouches Vest stiches just opened out in a running operation then he told whole team double stiches your OFB issue pouches

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Yes accept the heroic and failure of Para SF And Para SF fails only because of lack of modern equipment . Major Sahani told good equipment makes a huge difference in a operation And there is also other 9 Para SF retired Major told in his operation time his OFB Mag Pouches Vest stiches just opened out in a running operation then he told whole team double stiches your OFB issue pouches
Major Sahani is a humble good natured guy. Proud to have him in my whatsapp list. Have had drinks with him too.

But other than him and a few others i wish these Youtube channels interview Colonels and above more.

Some of the people are giving a wrong message and its not good for anyone.

We need to guide youngsters sensibly and not let them get killed by this false bravado.

This is exactly the kind of nature Pakis had in all wars and we know what happened.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
dekh bhai, its clear that i am trying to talk about the success rates and you are trying to talk about the failures.
You have any idea how many such civilian casualties/friendly fires occur both in India as well as among Western troops? irrespective of NVGs?
bhai laude ka success rate dekhega jab khud ke civillians aur khud ke soldiers marrenge?
civillians ko soldiers hi maar rahe hai. wowwwww bann gaye hum log navy seals/SAS se acche??

kabhi sunna hai navy seals/ SAS ne galti se apne civillians ko thol diya ho? fir besharmo ki tarah bole ki raat ka samay tha dikha nahi??

bhai waha pe to sach bahar bhi aa jaata hai yaha pe sab dabb jaata hai. sab kuch dabb jaata hai.

tumhe pata tha mayanmaar strikes ke baare me jo bataya maine? pata tha? pata tha op sarp vinash me aaj tak army ko ye tak nahi pata chala ki kitne terrorist mare the lekin humne double digit me kho diye para sf ke bande? pata tha?
nectar subraminum ko faaltu ka KC milla ek failed op ke liye. vo civilians ko utha ke maar deta tha pata tha ye?? bhai upar se ye log apni galti bhi nahi karte accept. koi officer marr gaya to kahenge "he followed ethos of officer and led from front" lekin bc koi court of enquiry nahi baithegi ki aisa kyu hua. ORs ka to poocho hi mat. generals ke liye unki life ka koi value nahi hai.

bataa bhaai mai bhi jaanu ki kab kisi SF ne aisa kiya ho. please englighten me.

Waanar

Country flag
This is exactly the kind of nature Pakis had in all wars and we know what happened.
This is what scares me the most. Remember the era when people used to ask "Why are Pakistanis ranked high on this blog's 'Top ten special forces' list and Indian forces aren't mentioned?" Or how the Pakistanis used to celebrate a fkin blog post?
This, when SSG gets slaughtered every few days on LOC.
Those were the days.:pound:

Let's assume, hypothetically, that Paras are the best in the world. We assume they're absolutely shit. What damage does it do?
None.
They'll still be the best (or wherever they stand).

Now, let's assume that Paras are not that good (impossible *breaks churiyan*) and we assume they're the best.

What kind of attitude does it inculcate?

Complacency and comfort.
Like an ostrich with it's head in the sand.

Do you know what happens to such hypothetical ostriches?
They get hunted down or doggy styled.

Not a good outcome.
Trust me. I've never been hunted down but I've been.... Erm... Okay yeah. You get the point.

Last edited:

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
LOL. Been on here for almost 10 years. Usually i dont engage in debates with my own countrymen, but this time i couldn stop myself when someone said "US and British Special forces are the best".
To be honest i miss the old days when members like Kunal Biswas, etc were active. Their posts made more sense and gave me an idea that some of those guys actually served .

Abhi toh sab apna "Theory" laga rahe hain, computer screen ke peeche se. Trying their best to put down our armed forces.

So

^^ another so called "theory".
Brother we are not enemies

Imagine this..

You are a soldier sitting on LOC with constant fear of getting ambushed or sniped.

Your training and equipment doesnt make you too comfortable.

You fear death because you are a normal human being

Now you go to youtube and see someone saying .. main toh behenchod nanga hi logo ko mar dunga.. ek bandook do.. mein Bina casualty wapis aa jayunga.

What would u feel?

Remember Major Gaurav Arya tried his best to put down a BSF havaldar complaining about food.

I stand with the havaldar.. I stand against all macho spoilt officers who have no respect for providing basic amenities to our jawan. Who will not say whats wrong but will fool you with whats right.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
So when Indian Army went first to Kashmir it raped too and so did it in Sri Lanka.

If i am not wrong Sikh regiment was the one in Sri lanka as well as in Kashmir.

Early 90s was such a time.

Then officers who were strict with discipline were called in the valley from outside and things changed slowly.

Point being every Army does rapes. I think it almost human nature to win wars.. feel invincible and to plunder and loot

India . sri lanka.. pakistan.. usa.. russia... everyone has done it

Why we shouldn't do it is because we need kashmir to be us.. and we cannot do such things in own territory.

Wars are brutal... There are many things an army does which is not correct but karna padta he. (i dont mean rape here)

Indian Army raped too - Never claimed any such thing.

When @Waanar asked how Srilankan SF won the Civil war, I simply stated the doctrine they followed and in today' world it will not be accepted by any sane country. Let me rephrase the Civil war.

" IT was a fucking Genocide ". There is no line between right and wrong and every single one is destroyed. Apart from Isolated incidents the Indian Army pretty much maintained a professional outfit. Even the incidents are well documented in India compared to what happened with our southern neighbor.

Even the Russians in Ukraine are saints compared to what SA done at that time.

As I clearly mentioned in previous comments the Para SF that operated on Jaffna at that time also have poor equipment and intel. Even today the Para SF will suffer from same fate since the army is adverse to modernization and structural changes which is on paper will take considerable time to implement since we don't have a CDS.

rohit b3

Country flag
bhai laude ka success rate dekhega jab khud ke civillians aur khud ke soldiers marrenge?
civillians ko soldiers hi maar rahe hai. wowwwww bann gaye hum log navy seals/SAS se acche??

kabhi sunna hai navy seals/ SAS ne galti se apne civillians ko thol diya ho? fir besharmo ki tarah bole ki raat ka samay tha dikha nahi??

bhai waha pe to sach bahar bhi aa jaata hai yaha pe sab dabb jaata hai. sab kuch dabb jaata hai.

tumhe pata tha mayanmaar strikes ke baare me jo bataya maine? pata tha? pata tha op sarp vinash me aaj tak army ko ye tak nahi pata chala ki kitne terrorist mare the lekin humne double digit me kho diye para sf ke bande? pata tha?
nectar subraminum ko faaltu ka KC milla ek failed op ke liye. vo civilians ko utha ke maar deta tha pata tha ye?? bhai upar se ye log apni galti bhi nahi karte accept. koi officer marr gaya to kahenge "he followed ethos of officer and led from front" lekin bc koi court of enquiry nahi baithegi ki aisa kyu hua. ORs ka to poocho hi mat. generals ke liye unki life ka koi value nahi hai.

bataa bhaai mai bhi jaanu ki kab kisi SF ne aisa kiya ho. please englighten me.
Mazaak chal raha hain kya? -

Their list of killing civilians and friendly fires are much much higher. Your comment just made me laugh here. As if they have never mistakenly killed civilians.

And again, thats another lesson they learn from use regarding COIN ops -

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...-minimum-force-to-us/articleshow/48995743.cms

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Mazaak chal raha hain kya? -

Their list of killing civilians and friendly fires are much much higher. Your comment just made me laugh here. As if they have never mistakenly killed civilians.

And again, thats another lesson they learn from use regarding COIN ops -

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...-minimum-force-to-us/articleshow/48995743.cms
heheheheheh

padha maine kya likha tha?

Indian SF killed INDIAN civillians.... okay?

padho mera msg
1656319783631.png

rohit b3

Country flag
heheheheheh

padha maine kya likha tha?

Indian SF killed INDIAN civillians.... okay?

padho mera msg
View attachment 161640
Brother we are not enemies

Imagine this..

You are a soldier sitting on LOC with constant fear of getting ambushed or sniped.

Your training and equipment doesnt make you too comfortable.

You fear death because you are a normal human being

Now you go to youtube and see someone saying .. main toh behenchod nanga hi logo ko mar dunga.. ek bandook do.. mein Bina casualty wapis aa jayunga.

What would u feel?

Remember Major Gaurav Arya tried his best to put down a BSF havaldar complaining about food.

I stand with the havaldar.. I stand against all macho spoilt officers who have no respect for providing basic amenities to our jawan. Who will not say whats wrong but will fool you with whats right.
Bhai, i am pretty sure the forces at LOC dont give a shit about what "Rohit" or "Cold hearted Aviator" thinks. We are having an internal discussion/debate.
Even i support the BSF Havaldar. I have heard similar instances from Army Havaldars as well, so i believe its true.
But you have to understand , the army comprises 1.2 MILLION people. Its like a mini state/country in itself. Every individual wont be the same. There are good elements/bad elements/corruption, etc, etc.
And such short comings are not limited to the Indian armed forces. They exist all around the globe.
But even with these weaknesses/shortcomings overall we are doing a decent job. There is always scope for improvement, sky is the limit.
But lets not put down our forces and glorify the Americans and Brits based on assumptions.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles