Indian Special Forces

EternalNxg

Country flag
Garuds being posted near Dal lake and Wular lake right now...... My source who is a Garud informed me.
The question is, why? I thought Marcos were doing a good job over there already?

Fire and groove

Country flag
You can keep using Peq 2s all your life, and it will probably get the job done but the fact of the matter is they are obsolete, peq15s will always be better. Look at holsters, instead of getting holsters that can accommodate a light in the future we bought normal ones. You can use that holster but you can never mount a light on your pistol. World has moved on to retention holsters that prevents someone else from drawing your weapon. The fact of the matter is the world moves on, but we always buy outdated shit.
More like old. Obsolete implies that it's no longer viable in combat, which would mean that LAMs themselves are no longer useful.

rkhanna

Country flag
Garuds being posted near Dal lake and Wular lake right now...... My source who is a Garud informed me.
The question is, why? I thought Marcos were doing a good job over there already?
Why the why would they be telling a Civvie where they are deployed. Please please keep this information to your self FFS

EternalNxg

Country flag
Why the why would they be telling a Civvie where they are deployed. Please please keep this information to your self FFS
All he said to me is that he's been having tea near the lakes for a couple of months, and summer is non existent over there. He didn't specifically reveal anything confidential btw. So I assumed he's been there for a long time. Also he's a relative of mine so I talk to him occasionally.

rkhanna

Country flag
All he said to me is that he's been having tea near the lakes for a couple of months, and summer is non existent over there. He didn't specifically reveal anything confidential btw. So I assumed he's been there for a long time. Also he's a relative of mine so I talk to him occasionally.
The fact that there is a Garud unit in theater itself is information too far. But me only key board warrior what I know.

armyofhind

Country flag

Not about SDR, JPC, Battle Belt, weapons & accessories, etc.
Can we please, for a sec, talk about Combat/Tactical footwear?! 😩
Aren't Para SF issued Salomon Quest footwear?

Last I heard, these boots were issued from the unit to the SF guys.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Aren't Para SF issued Salomon Quest footwear?

Last I heard, these boots were issued from the unit to the SF guys.
Para SF I’m not sure, but Salomon Quest footwear is usually seen with Garuds. NSG uses Adidas GSG-9. The one in that picture looks like the one the regulars use called Liberty Warrior.
FE48E35B-8911-4B74-B423-AB1281B580DB.png

armyofhind

Country flag
Para SF I’m not sure, but Salomon Quest footwear is usually seen with Garuds. NSG uses Adidas GSG-9. The one in that picture looks like the one the regulars use called Liberty Warrior. View attachment 155530
Salomon Quest is also seen with SF, that's what surprised me as well.
It's a great boot for the outdoors.. good ankle protection and fully waterproof.. bit on the heavier side though.

armyofhind

Country flag
Only officers uses all fancy boots because highly expensive Salomon quest 4d GTX their first choice
It's not all that expensive.
17-18k a pair.. and significantly less if imported in larger quantities.

Will last a lifetime if cared for properly. I own a pair and have put them through hell. Still going strong.

Brahmaputra Mail 2

Country flag
Hello guys. It's been long since I checked this forum. What's the best plate carrier that army has ? I have been recently to China border. Met 3 PLA soldiers up close. They were all clad in white suits (appeared to be PPE kits) with their standard plate carriers and desert camo helmets. What struck me was their Indian counterpart. Their plate carriers were good and I have never seen them before in internet.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles