Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Proof that FMS deal with NODs/SCARs etc never went through then.

What MGs will these be then? The Mk.48s that were part of that FMS deal?

Why can't they just get some Negev-7s like the rest of the IA is now getting? This is just stupid now.

@Gessler

ManhattanProject

Country flag

Why can't they just get some Negev-7s like the rest of the IA is now getting? This is just stupid now.

@Gessler
atleast they get a standard machine gun, better than looting them off of dead terrorists.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag

@Gessler
And the worst part of the report is that this channel starts to make baseless assumptions

I dont think we're in such a condition so that we have to buy a very old outdated LMG exclusively for units with elite training and special mandates.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
And the worst part of the report is that this channel starts to make baseless assumptions

I dont think we're in such a condition so that we have to buy a very old outdated LMG exclusively for units with elite training and special mandates.
The americans called the m60 and m240 bravo as General purpose machine guns so this channel just "assumed it as m60" lol.the entire scar l and h,parachutes ,nodes,ammo,m107 cost 400 crores but these dumb channels are saying 716 machine guns cost 400 crore 😂

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
The americans called the m60 and m240 brovo as General purpose machine guns so this channel just "assumed it as m60" lol.the entire scar l and h,parachutes ,nodes,ammo,m107 cost 400 crores but these dumb channels are saying 716 machine guns cost 400 crore 😂
Didn't the Muricans call the m60 "The Pig" because of its stupid weight 😂 . Lol

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
It was heavy by todays standards but not by that much during that period.US seals had their own light version back during Vietnam.now the modern m60E version is quite light.
Yeah , the green berets still worked with extra weight back in the days . Polymer furniture in the latest version I assume , making it lightweight .

JBH22

Indian acquisition remains a mystery for me. Never figured it out and will never be able to do so.
We get AK 203 and then Sig 716 both different ammo and weapon system. Then we decide to acquire LMG Negev and then now we move on for nominal purchase of M240 or M60. it seems we are like Santa Claus we make everybody happy by giving all parties some orders. Of note, i understand NATO round 7.62x51mm is not produced in the country.

Ideally, we could have standardised on the AK 203 family series get the carbine, SAW version. Then get Pecheneg LMG it would be significant boost to firepower over existing squad firepower.

Marliii

Country flag
Yeah , the green berets still worked with extra weight back in the days . Polymer furniture in the latest version I assume , making it lightweight .
This GPMG order most likely will be fake some time ago there were rumors like this of ordering 1400 FN scar h for para .these guys are taking one thing from the sandeep unnithan report of the FMS report and are re uploading it one by one.

Marliii

Country flag
Indian acquisition remains a mystery for me. Never figured it out and will never be able to do so.
We get AK 203 and then Sig 716 both different ammo and weapon system. Then we decide to acquire LMG Negev and then now we move on for nominal purchase of M240 or M60. it seems we are like Santa Claus we make everybody happy by giving all parties some orders. Of note, i understand NATO round 7.62x51mm is not produced in the country.

Ideally, we could have standardised on the AK 203 family series get the carbine, SAW version. Then get Pecheneg LMG it would be significant boost to firepower over existing squad firepower.
We don't produce " NATO" 7.62x51? What did we use in our FALs? 7.62x51 had been our general ammo for some time since late 60s to 80s

Global Defence

New threads

Articles