Indian Special Forces

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Soldiers being deaf from what? Firing a rifle or an RL? If ever someone needs a troop level communication system, that is only Artillery.

In a typical mission would you rather have a full acoustic awareness of what is going around or would you like to only listen to radio chatter and other mumbled up voices?

See... You guys are being heavy on your empathy wishing for things that you don't know how they are used. We never had the concept of a section of troops where everyone is included in the radio chatter. It is generally the commander of the section who gets the orders and he passes it on to his troops. Most of our Operations for infantry are conducted as such the troops are in audio visual contact reliant on vocal communication and sign language.

I'm asking you this honestly, where do you envisage the usage of such COMTACS.

And again our EEPs are vaguely laid out and the usage of radio communication is not well defined. We have abridged forms of communication amongst the troops starting from the top level to the sepoy on battlefield.

Are they cost effective? Thousands of rupees a piece is too much for us to invest and maintain. Maintenance is a pain.

And my reply was about the OP talking sarcastically and relating things that are actually having no link between then. COMTACS lagaana aur goli lagna????

BPJs are life savers. We never had that concept as well. Reluctance of troops to wear heavy BPJs and non availability of quality material was the major cause. But things are improving these days at a rapid pace.

With this kind of outlook, I have no doubt that some one will be sad on this forum sooner because our troops don't have frag suits for every one in army like Zaslan.

Whining is different from wishing.
I think you know nothing about Comtacs..how they work or how durable they are.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag

Scramjet

Country flag
View attachment 109003

IS IT JUST ME OR DOES MAJOR JACOB LOOKS LIKE A JOHN WICK CHARACTER REAL LIFE EQUIVALENT WHO JUST LEVELED A CLUBHOUSE OF ITALIAN MAFIA WITH NOTHING BUT A GLOCK AND A BUTTER KNIFE

Idk about italian mafia clubhouse, but he has leveled a lot of mujahideen camps 🀣

MuzzleVelocity

Soldiers being deaf from what? Firing a rifle or an RL? If ever someone needs a troop level communication system, that is only Artillery.

In a typical mission would you rather have a full acoustic awareness of what is going around or would you like to only listen to radio chatter and other mumbled up voices?

See... You guys are being heavy on your empathy wishing for things that you don't know how they are used. We never had the concept of a section of troops where everyone is included in the radio chatter. It is generally the commander of the section who gets the orders and he passes it on to his troops. Most of our Operations for infantry are conducted as such the troops are in audio visual contact reliant on vocal communication and sign language.

And again our EEPs are vaguely laid out and the usage of radio communication is not well defined. We have abridged forms of communication amongst the troops starting from the top level to the sepoy on battlefield.

Are they cost effective? Thousands of rupees a piece is too much for us to invest and maintain. Maintenance is a pain.

And my reply was about the OP talking sarcastically and relating things that are actually having no link between then. COMTACS lagaana aur goli lagna????

BPJs are life savers. We never had that concept as well. Reluctance of troops to wear heavy BPJs and non availability of quality material was the major cause. But things are improving these days at a rapid pace.

With this kind of outlook, I have no doubt that some one will be sad on this forum sooner because our troops don't have frag suits for every one in army like Zaslan.

Are these concerns only exclusive to the Indian SF or not to others worldwide? Because literally everyone seems to have latched on.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Are these concerns only exclusive to the Indian SF or not to others worldwide? Because literally everyone seems to have latched on.
This is what gets me….

Every other force on this planet (even freaking terrorists now) are adopting this β€˜Gucci gear’ but Indian units are fighting against the tide just to stand still

And the people defending their abysmal state have to go to ever more desperate mental gymnastics just to defend being stuck 30+ years in the past.

Who needs COMTACS with noise cancellation when you have cheap consumer grade headsets designed for office workers?

I don’t understand why some can’t just accept the situation is not desirable, instead they have to try and warp our perception of reality.

Knowitall

Wait what?

You don't even know how comtacs work. Your entire answer about them is just plain wrong.

For starters they don't "mumble up voices" they actually amplify weak sounds to audible level thus giving you better situational awareness.

Will write a detailed post later on this.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles