Indian Special Forces

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I respect China’s outward looking approach, there’s a lot of imitation going on but that is positive- China is picking up global best practices and isn’t wedded to cumbersome ‘tradition’
If I were an Indian official, I would order the R&D organization to develop a set of the most basic weapons and provide it to the military, and then give each special force a sum of money to allow them to purchase weapons from Western and private companies according to their own circumstances. This way Can use the least money to improve combat effectiveness

Scramjet

Country flag
@Hellfire and @AVINASH4061 sirs, where are the magazines kept in such plate carriers made by the unit tailors? As in these pics it isn’t very clear. Usually most soldiers in RR wear tac vests over these, but we’ve seen PARAs and others several times just wearing the PC.
See those pouches worn around the waist) ?
These are the ones in use since 90s.
This combo of unit stiched carriers and pouches dates back to early 2000s.
Apparently it is better than load vest

IMG_20210824_182745_515.jpg

IMG_20210824_182631_732.jpg

IMG_20210824_182625_929.jpg

abingdonboy

Country flag

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
See those pouches worn around the waist) ?
These are the ones in use since 90s.
This combo of unit stiched carriers and pouches dates back to early 2000s.
Apparently it is better than load vest

View attachment 106550

View attachment 106551

View attachment 106552
1629814681558.png

1629814713993.png

1629814893375.png

This kind of thing is not new. Before the 1970s, the world’s mainstream individual equipment, first of all, you had no way to combine body armor, nor did you achieve modularity. In fact, it has fallen behind too much.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What I understand Chinese can never be good at CT and COIN like us bcoz of challenges we face that to for more than 20 years.
And remaining for other type of warfare paras are trained but not equipped as they face it rarely.
And fighting in Africa is completely different in ladhak and places where they will face us
But we can see how marcos is upgrading itself and garuds too with limited budget
Is it true that garuds played a vital role in capturing kailash ranges

Vayuputra

Country flag
It's from Russian source:

Translated:

""In mid-August, a batch of AK-15 was shipped to India, which will be used by special units of a number of Indian states," the press service said."

Possibly Greyhounds or some such State Police unit, they've a habit of collecting firearms from around the world.
Greygroundd have types of rifles at their disposal, sig, ak,colt, m4 what not.

Chakraborty

Country flag
Well that m4 is the standard issue of us army infantry (with sight and PEQ).SOFs have moved ahead with customised upper receiver, suppressors,combination of sights.
Still this rifle looks competent.
BTW, suppressors are quite rare within our sof community(except uzi and mp9). I guess suppressors have never been seen in use with our sf in active combat(with m4 and tavor).

I wonder why don't our sf buy some good upper receivers with integrated suppressors or modified for cqb that are compatible with the lower of m4?

rkhanna

Country flag
Well that m4 is the standard issue of us army infantry (with sight and PEQ).SOFs have moved ahead with customised upper receiver, suppressors,combination of sights.
BTW, suppressors are quite rare within our sof community(except uzi and mp9). I guess suppressors have never been seen in use with our sf in active combat(with m4 and tavor).

I wonder why don't our sf buy some good upper receivers with integrated suppressors or modified for cqb that are compatible with the lower of m4?
Suppressor in the west came into common use as it enhances night fighting capability. The Indian Army still struggles with that. Suppressors comes from there

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

1629821526520.png

1629821577633.png

Pic 2 Courtesy: @Unknowncommando 2

Chakraborty

Country flag
Suppressor in the west came into common use as it enhances night fighting capability. The Indian Army still struggles with that. Suppressors comes from there
Sir, I understand that. But without the suppressors how will the army develop its own night fighting capability?
Suppressors are an integral part of night operation while night operations are the face of modern CT ops.
I believe only after the acquisition of suppressors and other necessary accessories, the sf will be able to achieve expertise in the night ops.
Hence suppressors are very vital piece of gear to have for the sf.
Regards.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles