Indian Special Forces

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Have you ever Seen Indian Army using ATN sights? Maybe the captured Stuff is sent for reverse engineering, as so Many ATN sights have been captured, none seen in use with us, and I don’t think getting Nods and running them is easy, requires training.
But still
Smuggled equipment pictures of everything is available
Atleast one or two quadnods should be brought by Tangoes
Making them extremely dangerous to engage in the night

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
[@Hellfire Ji
Have the Para ever encountered foreign tangoes with dual tube NVGs or perhaps even quad tube???
I have seen pictures of passive Night vision aiming sights and Monoculars on M4s on Tangoes, almost all of them were captured American stuff smuggled in, if that can be smuggled through Pakiland why not Dual/quad tubes?
[/QUOTE]

Not yet as far as I am aware..... but reports are coming in of some equipment recovered from US forces/Afghan forces earlier, having found its way over .. but that is not exactly a norm. But in one particular operation, we did recover a rather nice Chinese PNVS for Type 56 ... working on a pair of AA cells of the type available in market. Acceptable image (akin to 1st generation NVG) .. I gather they are cheap and easy to maintain and good enough in CQB (could see about 8 to 10 metres clearly in mildly vegetated zone at night)

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
[@Hellfire Ji
Have the Para ever encountered foreign tangoes with dual tube NVGs or perhaps even quad tube???
I have seen pictures of passive Night vision aiming sights and Monoculars on M4s on Tangoes, almost all of them were captured American stuff smuggled in, if that can be smuggled through Pakiland why not Dual/quad tubes?

Not yet as far as I am aware..... but reports are coming in of some equipment recovered from US forces/Afghan forces earlier, having found its way over .. but that is not exactly a norm. But in one particular operation, we did recover a rather nice Chinese PNVS for Type 56 ... working on a pair of AA cells of the type available in market. Acceptable image (akin to 1st generation NVG) .. I gather they are cheap and easy to maintain and good enough in CQB (could see about 8 to 10 metres clearly in mildly vegetated zone at night)
[/QUOTE]
Sir what is the range of Arjun TI sights used on AK-47s by Indian Army?

Scramjet

Country flag
I don't know whether it's confirmed
Afghan Special forces have Dual tube NVGs and Helmet mounted TIs
Since Taliban took over the government, guess what else is in the government, the NDS, their foreign intelligence agency, and all of NDS's assets around the globe is currently under Taliban government, all of the intelligence apparatus

Would be extremely easy for Pakis to get some pals to run few errands in Kashmir for 72 hoors, with all the equipment of ANDSF special forces, we can see more effective terror plans (that is once they manage to break through AIOS in LoC)

Absolute shame on our government even the Afg scenario doesn't make them dish out 100 billion at least a year on Defence budget

On a different note
@Hellfire Ji
ANASOC has(had) pvs 7s(gen3) in large numbers and pvs 15s, asked from an ANASOC member

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Sirji
Now that Afghan Taliban got their filthy hands on the Shiny American equipment just randomly laying around all over the place
What is the probability, according to you, that Ghazis in Kashmir gets some gucci equipment, as I pointed out in my earlier post, and is the Para equipped to handle such a threat, I mean a not-so-nightblind Taliban
There was a video released some years ago of Taliban operating in Afghanistan with mono tubes (obviously captured ones)

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
+ I’m pretty sure there were SG inside Afghanistan but they were evacuated in the C-17 that landed in Kabul yesterday and returned to Delhi with zero press coverage
Not exactly.

In 1999 also, we had SIGINT (WEU) set up, SG, SF operators embedded with Northern Alliance for "training and coordination" in addition to the much publicized Field Hospital.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
No idea. XX

TATA SED has been given a raw deal though.... we should have their equipment in. Enough with supporting BELOP always. TATA sights are qualitatively better.
Modernisation is at a very slow pace, in USA, a Magnified sight, a foregrip, a Laser sight, and a flashlight is a standard, in India the standard is a SiG-716, with a few reflex sights and grips and flashlights for PR.

I

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Sirji
Now that Afghan Taliban got their filthy hands on the Shiny American equipment just randomly laying around all over the place
What is the probability, according to you, that Ghazis in Kashmir gets some gucci equipment, as I pointed out in my earlier post, and is the Para equipped to handle such a threat, I mean a not-so-nightblind Taliban
There was a video released some years ago of Taliban operating in Afghanistan with mono tubes (obviously captured ones)
Monotubes? Without lasers? NVGs won’t make you superhuman, it is difficult to fight using NVGs even quad tubes and hence requires tonnes of practice and training.

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Monotubes? Without lasers? NVGs won’t make you superhuman, it is difficult to fight using NVGs even quad tubes and hence requires tonnes of practice and training.
This may be disturbing for some, imagine the damage a Talibunny Gayzhi can do with that rifle set-up

Last edited:

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
Sirji

Something will come over, there are no doubts. The problems remain in terms of authorization for PNVS/PNVG at the level of individual soldier. Just like the ridiculous 70% authorization for BPJs, these are also ridiculously low in authorization. But for SF, these are not an issue.

But then, when IAF has already integrated Nova NL-93 ANVIS (a G2n 2++ NVD) & as per a Mi-35 pilot, the Geo ONV1 (Gen 3) {the pilot swears by it and says it is Gen 3+) and is working on suitably incorporating it., I am hopeful that a transition from a predominantly Gen 2 to Gen 3 for bulk of forces, will occur.

Tactical Doge

Country flag

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
The only time a SF operative in India is decked up like his (and her) western counterpart, is when there is:

1. A Demo for visiting dignitaries
2. A "meet the citizen event"

The only time they are properly attired in the standard Indian Army FSMO pattern is when:

1. There is a CO's interview
2. A Sainik Sammelan
3. Or they could not slip away from a function involving some top Govt Honcho like RM, PM, etc.

Else, even the GOCs didnt say a word to them if they came (unwillingly) to a party organized, in dirty jeans (a strict no for mess/sainik institutes) track pants, unshaved and smelling of sweat.

And for SG.... none of the above holds ...... they don't even know who the other members of another team are, unless told specifically. They remain "paired up" and roam embedded - always. Rumor of them being at 7 RCR can neither be confirmed, nor be denied.

Just a side note.

Gessler

Country flag
Something will come over, there are no doubts. The problems remain in terms of authorization for PNVS/PNVG at the level of individual soldier. Just like the ridiculous 70% authorization for BPJs, these are also ridiculously low in authorization. But for SF, these are not an issue.

But then, when IAF has already integrated Nova NL-93 ANVIS (a G2n 2++ NVD) & as per a Mi-35 pilot, the Geo ONV1 (Gen 3) {the pilot swears by it and says it is Gen 3+) and is working on suitably incorporating it., I am hopeful that a transition from a predominantly Gen 2 to Gen 3 for bulk of forces, will occur.
What are the NVGs being used with the Apaches and Chinooks?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles