Indian Special Forces

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Bear with me guys, because this has been bugging me for quite a while.
@AVINASH4061 sir and anyone else who thinks they might know the reason why, please explain to me-

1- Why do Airborne units carry Micro Uzis as a primary? I've seen both SF and Airbornes but Airborne especially seems to heavily train on the Uzi platform which, to my untrained eyes, seems wasteful. Infantry doesn't usually engage in exclusively close quarter combat. In fact, rarely have I seen other Airborne units with a SMG as their primary.
I deduce this because I've seen many documentaries where the soldiers are carrying Uzi with a pistol holstered, so unless they're planning on having an Uzi, an AK AND a pistol, I concluded they were using the Uzi as a primary. Am I mistaken?

2- I'd assume to see a lot more Uzis in built up areas in Kashmir but all we see are heavy AKs and other long barrels with SF. How come?
They do use them in the valley,
Mostly for Fibua I believe
But to what extent I don't know

Screenshot_20210525-070331~2.png

AVINASH4061

Country flag
Bear with me guys, because this has been bugging me for quite a while.
@AVINASH4061 sir and anyone else who thinks they might know the reason why, please explain to me-

1- Why do Airborne units carry Micro Uzis as a primary? I've seen both SF and Airbornes but Airborne especially seems to heavily train on the Uzi platform which, to my untrained eyes, seems wasteful. Infantry doesn't usually engage in exclusively close quarter combat. In fact, rarely have I seen other Airborne units with a SMG as their primary.
I deduce this because I've seen many documentaries where the soldiers are carrying Uzi with a pistol holstered, so unless they're planning on having an Uzi, an AK AND a pistol, I concluded they were using the Uzi as a primary. Am I mistaken?

2- I'd assume to see a lot more Uzis in built up areas in Kashmir but all we see are heavy AKs and other long barrels with SF. How come?
Micro Uzi is not the primary weapon, neither in Airborne nor in SF. But there are options to pick and choose a weapon from the Kote, when you are planning a ops. The severity, collateral, duration and other factors decide the kind of weapon. Always remember what I said on the first day- Mandate/ tasking then organisation then equipment.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Micro Uzi is not the primary weapon, neither in Airborne nor in SF. But there are options to pick and choose a weapon from the Kote, when you are planning a ops. The severity, collateral, duration and other factors decide the kind of weapon. Always remember what I said on the first day- Mandate/ tasking then organisation then equipment.
Sir
Noob question :lehappy:
What is Kote?

Fire and groove

Country flag
They still look like kids in toy store. This is a photoshoot to look cool, the CRPF QAT is in fact mediocre even by Indian training standards. If practicality was to be displayed here, they'd be emphasizing comtacs and SDRs, standardized pragmatic camo, properly kitted gear etc. It just comes across as a case of pathetic PR trying to look cool rather than meaningful progress.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
They still look like kids in toy store. This is a photoshoot to look cool, the CRPF QAT is in fact mediocre even by Indian training standards. If practicality was to be displayed here, they'd be emphasizing comtacs and SDRs, standardized pragmatic camo, properly kitted gear etc. It just comes across as a case of pathetic PR trying to look cool rather than meaningful progress.
COMTACs may be seen with NSG first. Still CRPF QAT have better gear than PARA SF.

Tactical Doge

Country flag
COMTACs may be seen with NSG first. Still CRPF QAT have better gear than PARA SF.
NSG yes
But all that fancy stuff doesn't Come under the mandate of QAT, they just hold fort until the army gets there

Last edited:

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Imagine laying a cordon with quad NVDs and tacticool stuff 🀣
Apart from the Quad nods it doesn't look tacticool, at least in my opinion
Get him Comtacs
Get him LADs for his rifle
Get him Proper molle plate carriers with quick release mag pouches and whatnot
Get him SDR connected to his comtacs
Get him IR strobes
Get him integrated elbow and knee protection with the combat attire
Then we'll talk about tacticool

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
The recent 6 Para photo shoot is also a PR mission.To call reporters and show they we are very well equipped.You can hear the conversation on the video and get a hint.

And so is the NSG calendar shoot.I am a guy who sees NSG sentry and QRT almost everyday and never have i seen the gear on the calendar.

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Other than that, the camouflage, I haven't seen a MARCOs operative(who usually wear UCP) with UCP in valley even in urban enviornment

View attachment 91518
I spot at least 2 "Vidyalaya main le jaane vaale" bags, Lol my head hurts πŸ₯Ί

Articles