Indian Special Forces

Darkindie

Country flag
This thread seems a bit too negative about indian special forces.
Para sf modernization is on the same level and at same pace as the rest of the army(depressing). Same can be said about MARCOS(most modernized of the 3 in the photos) and Garuds w.r.t to navy and air force.
I don't really get the criticism about para sf tactics as we have consistent combat exposure and have performed pretty well and consistently improved? If someone can enlighten me please tell?
We are not like chinese sf which don't have exposure at all. Our SFs of all 3 branches conduct regular exercises with other nation's SFs like kyrgizstan and with US too (for example in meghalaya). Plus we have exchange training programs with other countries too (US and UK also since everyone considers their SF top tier).
Comparison of exercises of US with defense treaty allies like nato and nations in ASEAN is unfair as we are not a defence treaty bound ally and hence objectives of the exercise is different (learning each others best practices and performance comparison). Please correct me if i am wrong.
I don't have much knowledge about guns so i don't understand the hate that bullpups get as rifle barrel length on a gun of a shorter length than ar seems good on paper for a semi jungle semi urban environment like kashmir?

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
How come everything gets leaked out except these GoPro feeds .
I really want to see how our guys work in action .
Cause Army is really easy going on pics ofc some CO's don't even like that but for videos they are very very strict and make sure they don't leak out specially combat footage we order Go pros officially for sf and RR chaps in valley and use the vids in training mostly and as reports for offical documentation but no one is Risking their careers for go pro footage leaks Army is pretty good in that manner yea they get alot of leaway on insta and others but not combat footage.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Standard for the the Airborne units is good but not the best and surely below the standards of the erstwhile PARA Airborne units the difference between being there's no probation for SFF. Any fit Tibetan or Gurkha can join. The Airborne units are certainly good in what they are meant to do but having expectations beyond their mandate is foolishness. Even the 1A/SGs are nowhere near the standards of recently converted SFs not even counting the OG units...
But SG is made mostly of SF guys right?

VictorDelta4

Country flag
Ego problem is uniform in uniformed forces.
Reminds me of SEALS red cells but the only difference being members of red cells got court martialled and jailed.
Red cells went out of bounds because Marcinko was an egotistical cunt. Once the OG cell was disbanded, they have been kept in line. It all boils down to leadership and their willingness.

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
This thread seems a bit too negative about indian special forces.
Para sf modernization is on the same level and at same pace as the rest of the army(depressing). Same can be said about MARCOS(most modernized of the 3 in the photos) and Garuds w.r.t to navy and air force.
I don't really get the criticism about para sf tactics as we have consistent combat exposure and have performed pretty well and consistently improved? If someone can enlighten me please tell?
We are not like chinese sf which don't have exposure at all. Our SFs of all 3 branches conduct regular exercises with other nation's SFs like kyrgizstan and with US too (for example in meghalaya). Plus we have exchange training programs with other countries too (US and UK also since everyone considers their SF top tier).
Comparison of exercises of US with defense treaty allies like nato and nations in ASEAN is unfair as we are not a defence treaty bound ally and hence objectives of the exercise is different (learning each others best practices and performance comparison). Please correct me if i am wrong.
I don't have much knowledge about guns so i don't understand the hate that bullpups get as rifle barrel length on a gun of a shorter length than ar seems good on paper for a semi jungle semi urban environment like kashmir?
I’ll go point by point trying to cover everything
1.Its not like ParaSF is not modernising they are but with a very very slow speed.
2Hate is never on ParaSF but more on the leadership which is mainly because .They use Para like a super infantry and equip them like super infantry and not like actual SF don’t mind me but SF should not be roaming around and hitting one or two pigs also in today’s time out SF still waits for morning light to fight cause they are not equipped with night fighting equipment
3.You are right with that MARCOS is both better equipped and better skilled than Para(in terms of CQB)
4.See exercises are useful when you learn something it will hurt you but foreign SF makes fun of our SFs after exercises because how poorly our troops are equipped and trained
5.Well on hating Bullpups Iam upfront for me it’s because of the mag ejection it’s really uncomfortable and slows reloading down(you can improve it with time and training you get used to it but still)(also they are just ugly af)
There can be points where Iam wrong ofc but these are my opinions and analysis of the hate

Darkindie

Country flag
I’ll go point by point trying to cover everything
1.Its not like ParaSF is not modernising they are but with a very very slow speed.
2Hate is never on ParaSF but more on the leadership which is mainly because .They use Para like a super infantry and equip them like super infantry and not like actual SF don’t mind me but SF should not be roaming around and hitting one or two pigs also in today’s time out SF still waits for morning light to fight cause they are not equipped with night fighting equipment
3.You are right with that MARCOS is both better equipped and better skilled than Para(in terms of CQB)
4.Seem exercises are useful when you learn something it will hurt you but foreign SF makes fun of our SFs after exercises because how poorly our troops are equipped and trained
5.Well on hating Bullpups Iam upfront for me it’s because of the mag ejection it’s really uncomfortable and slows reloading down(you can improve it with time and training you get used to it but still)(also they are just ugly af)
There can be points where Iam wrong ofc but these are my opinions and analysis of the hate
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

1. I think para sf do ci/ct in morning to better spot to reduce risk as it is a daily occurance and we are on the defensive side.
2.While cross border raids like surgical strikes are done during night which reduces the risk of spotting as we are on the offensive.
3. I have not seen any foreign ex SF make fun of our SF if we are not considering the bean bag exfarts on net (for example reddit).
4. I'd say we have learned a lot too from exercises from equipment( m4 sopmod-1 not quite there but atleast a start, high cut ballistic helmet😀 but without tactical radio headset😢, plate carriers) to tactics ( day and night difference in cqb from videos few years earlier)
5. I was really impressed in the videos released during meghalaya exercises where we could see a side by side performance evaluation of PARA sf and US sof. We were equal and winning in one case too.
6. Regarding bullpups ig to each their own, can't really say as i have never held a gun in my life.
7. Regarding SF being used as super infantry. I guess dense jungle, treacherous terrain and hostage situation in the past which i believe might a bit above the level of regular units.

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

1. I think para sf do ci/ct in morning to better spot to reduce risk as it is a daily occurance and we are on the defensive side.
2.While cross border raids like surgical strikes are done during night which reduces the risk of spotting as we are on the offensive.
3. I have not seen any foreign ex SF make fun of our SF if we are not considering the bean bag exfarts on net (for example reddit).
4. I'd say we have learned a lot too from exercises from equipment( m4 sopmod-1 not quite there but atleast a start, high cut ballistic helmet😀 but without tactical radio headset😢, plate carriers) to tactics ( day and night difference in cqb from videos few years earlier)
5. I was really impressed in the videos released during meghalaya exercises where we could see a side by side performance evaluation of PARA sf and US sof. We were equal and winning in one case too.
6. Regarding bullpups ig to each their own, can't really say as i have never held a gun in my life.
1.No pigs don’t have night fighting equipment too you can caught them lacking in night in Morning if you become par with pigs then it’s more risky to conduct an OP
2. I agree with that
3.They do now I will not pull ss cause I don’t have them saved it’s been discussed on this thread a lot of times in the past you can try to find it
4.true
5. I have seen it but never hold it as I was not allowed to but you can read stuff of the people who have used it even Israelis have started to ditch them in favour of m4 and arads

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles