Indian Special Forces

vampyrbladez

Country flag
On this day in Baraibari, 20 years ago today, Awami League government was in power, the BDR mutilated the bodies of 16 of our jawans by killing them in cold blood.
Our most civilized poet Prime Minister was in power!
And we then, instead of giving any response as usual, tore the Hindi hair.
Still tearing up and sending vaccines. UPA or NDA, that tradition is going on equally!
Offtopic. Keep your posts to the relevant thread.

Nightshade1992

Country flag
I don't know if you guys are aware of it or not but every PKM that you see in the hands of Indian army both conventional and SF are actually captured weapons from the pakis and their proxy forces. When i say every PKM, I literally mean every PKM. Just goes to show the inefficiency of the procurement department.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
I don't know if you guys are aware of it or not but every PKM that you see in the hands of Indian army both conventional and SF are actually captured weapons from the pakis and their proxy forces. When i say every PKM, I literally mean every PKM. Just goes to show the inefficiency of the procurement department.
What is the standard issued LMG to special forces?

Underground Soldier

Country flag
Bhaiji aap bhi para SF me the Kya?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
I think COBRA has performed exceptionally well.

The thing is where is the recruitment from.Primarily it should be from BSF,ITBP,SSB and CRPF and not state Police.

Then they have to be groomed the right way.The average Police man doesn't have exposure to such things so you cannot expect him to outperfrom someone from Infantry.

Lastly you have to give longer tenures to these guys.Training and maintaining standards requires energy and money.

So the talent has to be retained.

Eventually Army has to give up NSG for better and focus on SOCOM.
Commando units of State polices are far better than regular units of CAPFs. I have a friend who was there with Kerala police's Thunderbolt's for 10 years. He got training from Marcos, Garuds and Grey Hounds.(ps:they were all one month or maximum 45 days capsule courses in specified things like diving, waterborne assault, heliborne ops and jungle warfare.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Dont think thats true. Only some are captured Type-80s,rest are Bulgarian made PKs wnd i think we bought some from Romania too.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles