Indian Special Forces

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Pta hai Bhai Lekin Para SF Wale toh 24x7 operation mein hote hai aur unki condition toh sab ko pta hi hai Scar L, LMG wali deal toh pta nhi kahan gyab hogyi
SPG comes under Home Ministry afaik

guys who can take a call regarding one cannot for the other

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
1692028996288.png

NSG apparently wants 162 "Miniature Thermal sights" for "CQB"

wouldn't I2 NVGs make more sense in CQB coupled with LAMs

SKC

Country flag
My first job in 2004 was in a call center as technical support and we had plantronics headphones and i can tell you they were much better than the ones in the picture.
No we still use them. Even in IT for IP calls they give these and those are al-cheapo quality.
We get both Plantronics and Jabra one.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
View attachment 218230
scar h Acog + reticle + peq15 + vertical grip
Deadly combination but yeh sabh unhe diya hai jinhone koi operation nahi Krna wah Salute to Our High Officials
Army Says during SSB right man for right job but During procurement opposite of it
How can you all miss this thing!?
Screenshot_2023-08-14-22-32-33-21_6bcd734b3b4b52977458a65c801426b0.jpg

If this is indeed what I'm thinking of then it's perhaps the clearest pic we have yet seen of SPG with this.
One of the most elusive guns in this world, hardly couple of hundred ever made

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Can someone identify that LPVO? does not look like the sights from India Optel. Also the ACOG seems to be the battery powered TA02. (someone correct me if I am wrong?)
Wonder why is the RMR placed in the back when ideally TA02 has the RMR slots up front.
I don't think it's TA02, can't see the battery compartment on the left. More like a typical ACOG which has RMR mounting plate only in the rear. Also I can't find the front mounting point in that pic

VictorDelta4

Country flag
I don't think it's TA02, can't see the battery compartment on the left. More like a typical ACOG which has RMR mounting plate only in the rear. Also I can't find the front mounting point in that pic
The reason I assumed it is because the Fibre Optic is missing. This could also be the TA110 3.5*35 with a rear mounted RMR

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Can someone identify that LPVO? does not look like the sights from India Optel.
This is not an LPVO, we only have a handful of eoTech Vudus in army for Trial and Eval. This is a fixed magnification optic from OLF (if memory serves me right).
I'd guess it's the "Optical Sight for AK-47" from Alpha Defence Technologies

abingdonboy

Country flag
View attachment 218237

not remotely as well kitted out as CAT units associated with close protection from elsewhere in the world
SPG CAT/SIU have made very little material improvements for about 10-12 years tbh

the PEQ-15s are pretty much standard issue for them though I’m just not sure what kind of NODs they might run, the only time I’ve ever seen them with a helmet it was a basic ACH

CPT and training wings of SPG are top notch. I’m not convinced about their tactical wing, probably above average shooters but everything else is unknown

abingdonboy

Country flag
How can you all miss this thing!?
View attachment 218256
If this is indeed what I'm thinking of then it's perhaps the clearest pic we have yet seen of SPG with this.
One of the most elusive guns in this world, hardly couple of hundred ever made
It’s been quite commonplace for them for the past few years (anti drone last line of defence imo)

I also notice that a lot of their tactical units have stopped using the SPG’s infamous black bone conducting ear pieces. They seem to be using the more common flexible earpieces with body mounted mics. Not the best solution for a tactical unit I would propose

interestingly the CPT have stuck to the bone conducting earpieces

94F616AC-D2D9-438B-A127-90E70F2BEAD2.jpeg

Kumaoni

Back then, the way Indian army reacted to situations was far superior:
1. After Operation Blue Star, Indian forces suffered heavy casualties due to inexperience in room clearing ops against urban guerillas, hence NSG was formed SPECIFICALLY to keep commando units out of coin ops (back then we had no SOF only top tier commandos (in b4 accused of jai ho gang)).
2. Formation and expansion of RR after Lanka to keep infantry units out of COIN ops in mid-late 90s.
3. Creation of CI schools.
4. Creation of HAWS right after 1948 war (which was entirely mountain- in 65 India woild dominate the entire Kashmir sector)
5. Creation of para brigade after formation of SAS in 50s
6. Creation of 10 para commando in 1970 for desert warfare as Rajasthan was a hot sector in 65 (and did top tier commando ops)
7. Creation of SF regiment for strategic ops as commandos couldn’t do strategic ops in Lanka (costing us a lot of time and men)
8. Adoption of Camo after usa in Vietnam

Ofc 1962 happened but that solely happened due to heavy pol. Interference in armed forces (for eg. thimayya wanted to but western rifles but was denied by MoD as Menon was a full blown commie, same with western-fighter jets- resulting in using .303 rifles against AKs). Not to mention the corrupt generals Kaul and Thapar who were promoted due to politics.

New threads

Articles