Indian Special Forces

Spadex

Country flag
LeT actually orgininated in Afghanistan. So did Harkat ul Mujahideen (or HuJi or HuA), the other major group which is now wiped out. Not many know this, but them being from LeT and Afghan veterans makes sense.

JeM and Hizbul are the ones with Paki origins, though JeM has been known to give fighters for Taliban jihad. Hizbul, otoh, was purely made for Kashmir

Yep, Afghanistani veterans are now becoming common in kashmir. Just few days back indian army have killed 3 terrorists who were Afghanistani veterans their names were
Syed Fazil Gillani & Waqar Sharif.

Pic of them in afganistan -->

Spadex

Country flag
The one killed in recent encounter were old (all in their late 30) and experienced. They were also acting as a guide for other terrorists to exfiltrate into pok from Indian side after they carried out the attack.

Maybe that how footage of ambushes reached to pakistan

Kumaoni

The one killed in recent encounter were old (all in their late 30) and experienced. They were also acting as a guide for other terrorists to exfiltrate into pok from Indian side after they carried out the attack.

Maybe that how footage of ambushes reached to pakistan
The infiltration bid foiled in Macchal?

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Brazil is not in top 10 when it comes to sf ,let alone 4th.
Top 10 consist of Devgru ,1st SFOD-D ,SAS,SBS,KSK,Alpha GRU (mostly wiped out but still), Mexican are also goated ,JW GROM ,
Korean UDT ,French.
ye list kon banata hei bhyi. Esse toh I'll say all JSOC units are top, so pehle 5 mein unko rakho. But then the question arises of ranking. How do you know DEVGRU is better than SAS or Delta is better than SAS and what about 24 STS, CCTs they have a completely different role, how about 160th SOAR, they are the best in my opinion. Unmatched anywhere else in the world. But their domain is different. These kind of top 10 shit disgusts me

DIE UwU

Country flag
Also Mexicans? Lol name me some successful operations done by their sf
During the begining of war on drugs, JSOC started providing training to Mexican SF mostly Mexican FER operators, FER operators are highly respected amongst JSOC , Few Mexican SF operators also went through Delta force training pipeline , they have conducted several operations against cartel , some even with jsoc units.

DIE UwU

Country flag
ye list kon banata hei bhyi. Esse toh I'll say all JSOC units are top, so pehle 5 mein unko rakho. But then the question arises of ranking. How do you know DEVGRU is better than SAS or Delta is better than SAS and what about 24 STS, CCTs they have a completely different role, how about 160th SOAR, they are the best in my opinion. Unmatched anywhere else in the world. But their domain is different. These kind of top 10 shit disgusts me
Bhai I didn't rank them in order, I just wrote who I think are in top 10 .
Devgru can not be compared to SAS, better comparsion would be with SBS , but even with that we dont know much about either unit to say which one is better.
I wrote the answer in terms of budget , experienece and gear,
24th STS work more as support to other jsoc units rather then on their own,
From What I have read ,their training pipeline is harder than devgru and delta but their role are more wide spread and less assault oriented thats why I did not place them in the list,
Primary role of most sof or smu units is assault thats why I excluded STS and other units.
160th SOAR is aviation unit, unlike popular believe it is not even jsoc but attached to jsoc, SOF aviation is not same as SOF.
If the list "disgust" you then it is not my problem,
Start counting all support elements as SF then you will never know which plays what role .

Kumaoni

During the begining of war on drugs, JSOC started providing training to Mexican SF mostly Mexican FER operators, FER operators are highly respected amongst JSOC , Few Mexican SF operators also went through Delta force training pipeline , they have conducted several operations against cartel , some even with jsoc units.
Name them. Also, cartels aren’t really that tough like isiss or mujahids

rkhanna

Country flag
Also, cartels aren’t really that tough like isiss or mujahids
I would disagree. Most cartel soldiers now are Latam ex SF with ex US SOF /CIA/DEA holding command or advisory positions.

They have more money, better training and better weapons including heavy weapons. They logistic infra is global (hell they even have a submarine capability to deliver men and material)

Sofrep paints a decent picture.

Kumaoni

I would disagree. Most cartel soldiers now are Latam ex SF with ex US SOF /CIA/DEA holding command or advisory positions.

They have more money, better training and better weapons including heavy weapons. They logistic infra is global (hell they even have a submarine capability to deliver men and material)

Sofrep paints a decent picture.
Their logistics are superior but their weaponry, training, experience really isn’t.
Also is there a source for cartel soldiers being LatAm ex SF? This is quite a bold claim.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag

Kumaoni

One example nice, but not surprising tbh I’m sure there are many.

Cartel is fundementally different from a Mujahid group though, one is training to facilitate drugs accross the world, other is literallt fighting a war.

Ideally I’d Police and SOF for the former, while army and SOF for the latter. Super infantry (aka para LI) would be ideal against the latter, with real SOF to take down real HVTs

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
Dude seriously? Bulk of Cartel foot soldiers are ex servicemen. They pay fuckload of money to anyone with military training.
only way i can see mujahids being more stronger than cartel is their willingness to kill themselves in a fight , nibbas might have rusted ak but they'll do anything to complete their acts , aside from that cartels have monetary tactical and everything advantage

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles