Indian Special Forces

Tactical Doge

๐•ฑ๐–”๐–”๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–—๐–š๐–˜๐– ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐–†๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–Š๐–†๐–—
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars I didn't understand your question rephrase it again it's confusing.
He asked about his weapon of choice for different roles, like CQB or LRRP

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
View attachment 83976
Basically COMTACS like the 3M Peltors or any other equivalent?
No we don't have the night sights of those capabilities, doesn't matter which brand they belong to. We do have the M4 A1 with Eotech and the suppressor. No fancy fore grips though. Only the standard Knight Armament foregrip.
Do the SF use any COMTACS like these and if no, is there any particular reason the need for them wasnโ€™t felt? @AVINASH4061 sir.

FalconSlayers

เคงเคฐเฅเคฎเฅ‹ เคฐเค•เฅเคทเคคเคฟ เคฐเค•เฅเคทเคฟเคคเคƒ
Country flag
I feel we should not be annoyed, Para SF is a Jungle Warfare/Desert Warfare unit, they donโ€™t require such things for such roles. QAT got such hi-tech equipment because they are an urban warfare unit.

FalconSlayers

Country flag
I feel we should not be annoyed, Para SF is a Jungle Warfare/Desert Warfare unit, they donโ€™t require such things for such roles. QAT got such hi-tech equipment because they are an urban warfare unit.
@Killbot, yeah even though in Kashmir its cold but I challenge you to wear a High cut with a EarPro COMTAC and a quadnod with a Rifle modded with a Holo sight, Magnifier, vertical foregrip, AN/PEQ-15, Pistol modded, and tight plate carrier and a Protection glove in Thar desert and North East forests, in both cases you will melt down. So there is no point of laughing.

Killbot

Country flag
@Killbot, yeah even though in Kashmir its cold but I challenge you to wear a High cut with a EarPro COMTAC and a quadnod with a Rifle modded with a Holo sight, Magnifier, vertical foregrip, AN/PEQ-15, Pistol modded, and tight plate carrier and a Protection glove in Thar desert and North East forests, in both cases you will melt down. So there is no point of laughing.
So you'd rather use sub par equipment. Yeah, great solution bro. I wonder how green berets manage in Syria and Astan. Or everyone else deployed there for that matter. If our best SOF units cannot even handle operator standard load in these environments, why the fuck are they even there?

Tactical Doge

๐•ฑ๐–”๐–”๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–—๐–š๐–˜๐– ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐–†๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–Š๐–†๐–—
Country flag
Falcon Slayer tell me you're joking
Screenshot_20210405-170544~2.png

USN Seal Jungle warfare Loadout
Screenshot_20210405-170418~2.png

1st-SFOD in desert environment

And I don't see these people melting

Last edited:

Tactical Doge

Country flag

ManhattanProject

Country flag
What a load of bull, sorry but i had to say it.

Gessler

Country flag
I didn't know Americans, Europeans, Russians were all born without sweat glands or the need to perspire.

It's precisely for such reasons that companies like Crye Precision developed combat shirts with breathable fabric on torso (where presence of plate carrier causes heat build-up).

Anyone who's worn a good quality shirt & pants from likes of Crye, 5.11 etc. will tell you they are extremely comfortable even in hot environments.

And FYI, the temps in Palmyra, Deir-ez-Zor etc. do get up to 40C+ in summers - same as, say, Jaisalmer.

Well sir
You have settled a debate that's been going on for atleast a hundred pages on this forum
Correct me if I'm wrong but the debate that raged for long was on whether such quad-nods etc. should be acquired by Indian SFs or not (with many 'whatever we have is bezzt, whatever we don't have is useless and/or unnecessary' types saying that there's no need).

I think there was general consensus since long that we don't have any binocular NODs in widespread use (let alone quad-nods) among the more knowledgable members, using the simple logic that if we had them we'd have seen some by now.

Only a few fanboy types kept arguing that we had them but for some reason kept secret (as if it was some cutting-edge tech that rest of world never saw, lol). Add to that some unsubstantiated rumours from instagram & facebook fanboys, of the type who pass off foreign Airsoft players as 'exlcusive pics' of Indian SFs.

As of the CRPF QRT, guys please remember that in all likelihood these were handed to CRPF for trials by Tonbo (Team Wendy helmet substantiates this) just like Arjun TI sight + EXFIL helmet were handed to Army Ghatak units a while back.

And even I had said way back that the first units to adopt modern Tonbo NVGs would be MHA units like NSG (or CRPF), and that remains true. The procurement system in MHA has gotten so much better than MoD in recent times.

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong but the debate that raged for long was on whether such quad-nods etc. should be acquired by Indian SFs or not (with many 'whatever we have is bezzt, whatever we don't have is useless and/or unnecessary' types saying that there's no need).

I think there was general consensus since long that we don't have any binocular NODs in widespread use (let alone quad-nods) among the more knowledgable members, using the simple logic that if we had them we'd have seen some by now.

Only a few fanboy types kept arguing that we had them but for some reason kept secret (as if it was some cutting-edge tech that rest of world never saw, lol). Add to that some unsubstantiated rumours from instagram & facebook fanboys, of the type who pass off foreign Airsoft players as 'exlcusive pics' of Indian SFs.

As of the CRPF QRT, guys please remember that in all likelihood these were handed to CRPF for trials by Tonbo (Team Wendy helmet substantiates this) just like Arjun TI sight + EXFIL helmet were handed to Army Ghatak units a while back.
Yes that too
But quite a number of members do believed we had Quad NODs
For the secret stash of equipment
The Binocular NVGs the case is such, as @Inderjeet Singh has put up a post before which showed Marcos with Bi-Nods, which is not spotted with operational unit to the best of my knowledge

FalconSlayers

Country flag
I didn't know Americans, Europeans, Russians were all born without sweat glands or the need to perspire.

It's precisely for such reasons that companies like Crye Precision developed combat shirts with breathable fabric on torso (where presence of plate carrier causes heat build-up).

Anyone who's worn a good quality shirt & pants from likes of Crye, 5.11 etc. will tell you they are extremely comfortable even in hot environments.

And FYI, the temps in Palmyra, Deir-ez-Zor etc. do get up to 40C+ in summers - same as, say, Jaisalmer.

And even I had said way back that the first units to adopt modern Tonbo NVGs would be MHA units like NSG (or CRPF), and that remains true. The procurement system in MHA has gotten so much better than MoD in recent times.
*Sarcasm*

rkhanna

Country flag
Yes that too
But quite a number of members do believed we had Quad NODs
For the secret stash of equipment
The Binocular NVGs the case is such, as @Inderjeet Singh has put up a post before which showed Marcos with Bi-Nods, which is not spotted with operational unit to the best of my knowledge
IMO if Bi -Nods are being inducted now it will take 1.5-2 years before you see them in operational use. The shere time it will take train operators before they are comfortable using then + new tactics development doesn't happen overnight. This is not plug and play.

How long did it take ballistic shields to show up in the field after their induction? 2+ years ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles