Indian Special Forces

FalconSlayers

เคงเคฐเฅเคฎเฅ‹ เคฐเค•เฅเคทเคคเคฟ เคฐเค•เฅเคทเคฟเคคเคƒ
Country flag
@AVINASH4061 sir, many here are if the opinion that our SF has a secret stash of Quad tube NVGs and Comtacs that they somehow never use
Can you please shed some light on that matter
Heโ€™s offline and is sleeping. Wait for tomorrow or if heโ€™ll not return maybe just occasionally.

Tactical Doge

๐•ฑ๐–”๐–”๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–—๐–š๐–˜๐– ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐–†๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–Š๐–†๐–—
Country flag
Heโ€™s offline and is sleeping. Wait for tomorrow or if heโ€™ll not return maybe just occasionally.
Whenever he returns, I'm in no hurry, just want an answer
To all that secret Quad NODs and Secret Comtacs arguments lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

FalconSlayers

Country flag
Whenever he returns, I'm in no hurry, just want an answer
To all that secret Quad NODs and Secret Comtacs arguments lol ๐Ÿ˜‚
Quad nods are in use obviously if QAT uses it, but they might not use it usually because India literally has only QAT for Urban warfare and that too simple COIN ops.

Tactical Doge

๐•ฑ๐–”๐–”๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–—๐–š๐–˜๐– ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐–†๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–Š๐–†๐–—
Country flag
Leave dedicated air assets for now, we donโ€™t have sufficient dedicated air assets for Indian Airforce (dwindling fleet of fighters).
The Americans have the TAC-P/Tactical Air control party
Which is a small air wing under their airforce, dedicated for the Special operations command

FalconSlayers

Country flag
The Americans have the TAC-P/Tactical Air control party
Which is a small air wing under their airforce, dedicated for the Special operations command
@AVINASH4061 sir, million dollar questions, do we have these?

1. ???
737C6E03-7798-4FC5-8353-CE2532597597.jpeg

2. ???
1617609339577.jpeg

3. ???
1617609392721.jpeg

Tactical Doge

Country flag

FalconZero

Country flag
What's the utility of these things for Spec ops operatives?????
They're still running around with Monotubes
This is interesting, I think wolfpack got it from the fact that US was working with the Microsoft and had a possible dealing looking up for around 20 billion USD for mixed reality googles. ( Holo Lens )

Currently holo lense though seem to be great idea it still suffers from issues such as :
> Latency
> Low resolution
> High processing power requirements
> Plus sensor management to account for handling gestures

1617611369987.png

US army since considering they are spending 20 billion on these, i expect they will mitigate most of these issues and thus these headsets can actually provide great functionality to soldiers as mentioned above with IAVS :
> Imagine high res thermal data, nvd data
> Information about your enemies all in real time visible to your soldiers
> Along with terrain information and everything

It's the future, if we are looking for things like these then that will be pretty dope and as a civilian i am just glad that it will pave the way for the better and proly cheaper mixed reality headsets.

Possibilities are immense but tech will take time to mature but we are not aware at what degree microsoft people are operating for with US army.

Tactical Doge

Country flag
This is interesting, I think wolfpack got it from the fact that US was working with the Microsoft and had a possible dealing looking up for around 20 billion USD for mixed reality googles. ( Holo Lens )

Currently holo lense though seem to be great idea it still suffers from issues such as :
> Latency
> Low resolution
> High processing power requirements
> Plus sensor management to account for handling gestures

View attachment 84061

US army since considering they are spending 20 billion on these, i expect they will mitigate most of these issues and thus these headsets can actually provide great functionality to soldiers as mentioned above with IAVS :
> Imagine high res thermal data, nvd data
> Information about your enemies all in real time visible to your soldiers
> Along with terrain information and everything

It's the future, if we are looking for things like these then that will be pretty dope and as a civilian i am just glad that it will pave the way for the better and proly cheaper mixed reality headsets.

Possibilities are immense but tech will take time to mature but we are not aware at what degree microsoft people are operating for with US army.
Yes I have read about the Integrated Visual Augmented system by Microsoft, it's basically one of those things where Americans spend a shit ton of money as if it's a school project
And yes it's basically The hololens reimagined and reconfigured to suit the needs of an individual operative

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Yes I have read about the Integrated Visual Augmented system by Microsoft, it's basically one of those things where Americans spend a shit ton of money as if it's a school project
And yes it's basically The hololens reimagined and reconfigured to suit the needs of an individual operative
But my point was, still today when we see pictures from Kashmir and elsewhere coming out, of our SF people they lack proper Optical devices, first aren't we inclined to do away with this before trying out tech that'll come into play years maybe decade later
Like that recent encounter with the Afghani Pig where operations had to be halted till first light

AVINASH4061

Professional
Country flag
The last one is just an AR15 with modified hand guard, angled foregrip, flashlight and an EOTECH EXPS3
It doesn't even have a Laser/IR designator, I'm sure that we have

But I'm going be optimistic and say we do have Quad NODs and Comtacs

But obviously @AVINASH4061 sir can provide better insights
No we don't have the night sights of those capabilities, doesn't matter which brand they belong to. We do have the M4 A1 with Eotech and the suppressor. No fancy fore grips though. Only the standard Knight Armament foregrip.

Tactical Doge

Country flag
No we don't have the night sights of those capabilities, doesn't matter which brand they belong to. We do have the M4 A1 with Eotech and the suppressor. No fancy fore grips though. Only the standard Knight Armament foregrip.
Well sir
You have settled a debate that's been going on for atleast a hundred pages on this forum

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Sir do you prefer the m4 or the tavour ?

Phantom sierra

Country flag
Avinash sir, during your service tenure what were the things that you felt needed serious improvement specifically regarding to the structure, employment and the equipment of our special forces?

Killbot

Country flag
@AVINASH4061 what would your primary weapon setup of choice be for
a. CQB (Room intervention and such)
b. Patrols along LoC (not SOF role, but still)
c. Reconnaissance operations (where you expect minimum contact)
d. Search and Destroy op (like 2016 surgical strikes)

Haldilal

เคฒเฅœเคคเฅ‡ เคฒเฅœเคคเฅ‡ เคœเฅ€เคจเคพ เคนเฅˆ, เคฒเฅœเคคเฅ‡ เคฒเฅœเคคเฅ‡ เคฎเคฐเคจเคพ เคนเฅˆ
Country flag
@AVINASH4061 what would your primary weapon setup of choice be for
a. CQB (Room intervention and such)
b. Patrols along LoC (not SOF role, but still)
c. Reconnaissance operations (where you expect minimum contact)
d. Search and Destroy op (like 2016 surgical strikes)
Ya'll Nibbiars this is not some kind of quiz show to ask this questions. If want ask then ask about weapon's and training.

Haldilal

เคฒเฅœเคคเฅ‡ เคฒเฅœเคคเฅ‡ เคœเฅ€เคจเคพ เคนเฅˆ, เคฒเฅœเคคเฅ‡ เคฒเฅœเคคเฅ‡ เคฎเคฐเคจเคพ เคนเฅˆ
Country flag
Why not? I am asking about weapons, as far as I can tell.
Ya'll Nibbiars I didn't understand your question rephrase it again it's confusing.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles