Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
There really is no distinguishment between paras and rr at this point
it’s worse than that, RR operate how they are meant to (COIN force- CASO, flood area, numbers etc), ‘SF’ are being used as ‘RR-lite’- tiny teams, no support, no gear just walking around on their own. I honestly want to know what the best case scenario was here? Did they start to believe their own hype?

another chalta hai, half arse everything indian moment No freaking seriousness about anything

Kumaoni

Learning curve is what matters
Shit occurs but clean it up and learn how not to do again
This is what entire military establishment lags
Well the issue is this, you are in a war zone where u have to send constant patrols with your own army. In Afghanistan the Americans had the ANA to use as cannon fodder.

We don’t have any cannon fodder to use. I’m sure if any other militaries maintained an active presence in such a dense forest region they’d get ambushed as well tbh

angryIndian

Country flag
CAPFs are still getting there asses kidded in Naxalabari lol
This is what happens when you handover the mantle to inexperience IPS overlooking the seasoned CAPF cadre.

This tendency to handing over matters to people whose only achievement in life is clearing a tough examination is the reason why the country is such a hoch poch

jai jaganath

Country flag
Well the issue is this, you are in a war zone where u have to send constant patrols with your own army. In Afghanistan the Americans had the ANA to use as cannon fodder.

We don’t have any cannon fodder to use. I’m sure if any other militaries maintained an active presence in such a dense forest region they’d get ambushed as well tbh
Getting ambushed I same region where rr has been ambushed last time points out to learning curve certainly

Kumaoni

I blame the 2004-2014 period for this. Even after shit didn’t really hit the fan until Galwan and Feb 27th. I hope the army is actually going through structural and modernizing changes because this isn’t the 90s anymore
because you are sitting on the throne built by your forefathers... and you have not done anything except bring the calibre of officers down.. And now with all units being SF.. things will go even worse.

jai jaganath

Country flag
They don’t get ambushed in D exact same spots but in the same regions
Yes same region not same spot but topography remains same in that region if they would have learnt something from that incident may be situation would be in our side but sadly they didn't and moreover they won't even after this incident

Kumaoni

Idk why they are sending convoys with fruits unguarded and patrols with no backups to fight in daytime
Yes same region not same spot but topography remains same in that region if they would have learnt something from that incident may be situation would be in our side but sadly they didn't and moreover they won't even after this incident

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
That’s more reasonable actually I’m just saying 10 so I don’t get banned here but 3 terrorists took down an entire para platoon. Humiliating defeat.
I am just assuming.. because 3-5 terrorists make sense as they can easily hit and run

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
This is what happens when you handover the mantle to inexperience IPS overlooking the seasoned CAPF cadre.

This tendency to handing over matters to people whose only achievement in life is clearing a tough examination is the reason why the country is such a hoch poch
Tell me any other option, tell me what else you wish government can do.
Let the IPS and CAPF look after their mandate. And stew in their own juice
You really can't compare efficiency para sf to CAPF ( I know I know you didn't do it, still said so I am sorry).
Para sf getting ambushed is a different ball game altogether.
And that too them bastards suffering no casulities as I gather from this thread.

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag
Some Twitter handle tweet PAFF may be part of SADAT Turkey group they are attacking us both physically and mentally there tactics whole different from other terrorist group operating in J&K i think this PAFF got SF training or Pakistan SSG elements in it last time we lost 5 Operators of 4 Para SF due to bad luck but this time how easily they mover around our beloved soldiers bodies without any fear of counter attack

jai jaganath

Country flag
Some Twitter handle tweet PAFF may be part of SADAT Turkey group they are attacking us both physically and mentally there tactics whole different from other terrorist group operating in J&K i think this PAFF got SF training or Pakistan SSG elements in it last time we lost 5 Operators of 4 Para SF due to bad luck but this time how easily they mover around our beloved soldiers bodies without any fear of counter attack
Chances exists cause SADAT trains for sof too
But paff gun handling is more close to ssg but still possibility shouldn't b eremoved cause SADAT will definitely derive its training from OKK which at par with western sof units and definitely better than us
Let's see

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I am ready for the brick bats but para sf was drowned in its own hubris.

Articles