Indian Special Forces

angryIndian

Country flag
Tell me any other option, tell me what else you wish government can do.
Let the IPS and CAPF look after their mandate. And stew in their own juice
You really can't compare efficiency para sf to CAPF ( I know I know you didn't do it, still said so I am sorry).
Para sf getting ambushed is a different ball game altogether.
And that too them bastards suffering no casulities as I gather from this thread.
My original comment was a response to the commenter's statement on CAPFs getting hammered by Naxals.

These used to be a time when every year 30-40 CAPF soldiers used to get killed in a single ambush.The highest was 76 in 2010.This reflects a very bad planning and strategy deployed by them which can only happen when you have bosses who don't have an inkling of military operations.
And hence i said IPS have no business in managing anti-insurgency operations. These are the things that can only be handled by people who are seasoned into this sort of warfare and not by people who have written long essays on history and political science.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR sir you are sad about the conduct of major and why the order to fall back was given.
I say it's good, atleast now someone is there to tell those in the brass as to what went wrong, although that is valid if anyone is interested in it

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
My original comment was a response to the commenter's statement on CAPFs getting hammered by Naxals.

These used to be a time when every year 30-40 CAPF soldiers used to get killed in a single ambush.The highest was 76 in 2010.This reflects a very bad planning and strategy deployed by them which can only happen when you have bosses who don't have an inkling of military operations.
And hence i said IPS have no business in managing anti-insurgency operations. These are the things that can only be handled by people who are seasoned into this sort of warfare and not by people who have written long essays on history and political science.
They are given training and they have been managing it since British era, what about bsf? It is too headed by a ips rank officer

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR sir you are sad about the conduct of major and why the order to fall back was given.
I say it's good, atleast now someone is there to tell those in the brass as to what went wrong, although that is valid if anyone is interested in it
I dont know about it someone else claimed it was the major

It could be a havildars order also as major was injured

But whoever it was .broad daylight..5 injured operators to be left alone..that too from 9..bravest of the brave...naaah can do much better than this.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Imagine if woman operators were there and they were pinned down... woman taken hostage by these got fcckers...

Imagine...

How much power they would get on the negotiations table.

Watching the video of the terrorist walking across dead 9 para boys made me feel weird even though i try to be connected to reality but i never expected to see in my life 9 para boys to be lying dead and terrorist walking around them like it is a park.

It can happen after all it is combat...but i didnt expect this...maybe i never expected 9 para to fall back.

Just remember what Major Gaurav arya used to say...our army is not taught falling back.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Imagine if woman operators were there and they were pinned down... woman taken hostage by these got fcckers...

Imagine...

Watching the video of the terrorist walking across dead 9 para boys made me feel weird even though i try to be connected to reality but i never expected to see in my life 9 para boys to be lying dead and terrorist walking around them like it is a park.

It can happen after all it is combat...but i didnt expect this...maybe i never expected 9 para to fall back.

Just remember what Major Gaurav arya used to say...our army is not taught falling back.
"falling back" ke liye koi bacha bhi hona chaihye. two were on the spot KIA and rest 4 were injured and out of that 3 succumbed by afteroon.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
so according to you there were two teams? one was finished while other ran off?

9 operators from 9 para with one RR guy..

First 5 were hit...rest i dont exactly know did what.

Terrorists claim they ran away..some source say they falled back...i have no idea.

But at that place and time..2 teams were there.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
All COs of infantry divisions and even brigades should be from para SF, they are the best and will probably be considerate of the common soldiery more.
IPS Babu managed units are faring far better
Give the posts to UPSC wallas and see how they fare better, unironically

abingdonboy

Country flag
Some Twitter handle tweet PAFF may be part of SADAT Turkey group they are attacking us both physically and mentally there tactics whole different from other terrorist group operating in J&K i think this PAFF got SF training or Pakistan SSG elements in it last time we lost 5 Operators of 4 Para SF due to bad luck but this time how easily they mover around our beloved soldiers bodies without any fear of counter attack
It doesn’t matter who PAFF are, they are just the tool. Para’s (and Indian SF in general) tactical/equipment/training deficiencies are the issue and have been apparent for a long time but we still hear the ‘all is well’, ‘we are the best’ nonsense from the top and even the fanboys

deploying these tactics in the wilderness of Afghanistan against the Taliban and they would’ve been just a smoked. A foot patrol into contact with no ISR, no QRF, no heavy firepower, pathetic equipment and apparently poor leadership is a recipe for abject failure.

I’ll reiterate, these guys would’ve been spectacular if you dropped them in any top tier unit in the West, there’s only a finite amount of men these days with this kind of gumption. The system failed them and fails everyone.

wtf have the veterans that protested for weeks about pensions and agniveer got to say? Not even a single op-Ed or freaking tweet? Just the same ‘martyrs’ RIP noises?

there are children running around today that will be tomorrow’s martyrs because these clowns are okay with that. What a broken system. What a broken country.

abingdonboy

Country flag

Imagine...

Reality always wins.

clowns clapping for these female ‘commandos’ should be made to watch these videos

Not only are they trying to put unqualified people into these units but they won’t even give the units what they need to survive today, one has to wonder who is a bigger threat to India’s security, Pakistan/China or these jokers

jai jaganath

Country flag

Imagine...

Sir this thing that falling back is not an option, IA never falls back, surrendering and all other similar things are nothing to be depressed about or feel sad or feel dominated
When it's required better take a retreat or fall back in order to reduce both and man and machine loss we can come back latter and take it effectively and in better way and planning
It's part and parcel of warfare
Yeah there are people to harass in internet or tease or trouble but in long run who has domination that matters better if we fall back and next time come stronger
Just a thought nothing else

Articles