Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
It pains me for the family and angers me on some ex officers for not raising the right questions and just doing propaganda stuff on youtube.
Head shots on multiple operators as reported.. And IED theory claimed to be bogus.

Lets just wake up and upgrade both equipment and tactics.

We have to rule the night.. its 2023 godamit.
These highly edited short snippets are very suspicious, they don’t show the start of the contact and only the bodies after so an IED starting it could be very valid but that doesn’t change what you’re saying at all

actually sickening to see the aftermath of this, these guys were playing on a level playing field, utterly incomprehensible. All these years later and the Indian army still doesn’t understand the advantage of night fighting, these two bit paki thugs with some AKs shouldn’t even see these guys coming. JFC the US learned this stuff 20+ years ago, rapidly their SF guys would be 100% operating in the dark (reverse cycling)

just for pointing out how pathetic their condition is you get the fanboys coming up with all kinds of BS, yeah if only the soldiers could take comfort in that.

i could go on but this is honestly too depressing to bother, nothing but contempt for the trinket wearing command officers that happily take their pensions and ride off into the sunset every year thinking this crap is fine to keep happening, no freaking morals and empty bravado. PLA are going to teach them a harsh lesson

kaboom

Country flag
Did the ambushed team have a MBGL among them or was he also hit ?
Was there only one squad in the whole goddam forest??

Afik the reason they were able to kill terrorists in the Kupwara ambush and survive was because the squad was able to bring the MBGL in action and blasted away the ambush along with another squad flanking them from over a ridge.
(Correct me if I am wrong)

abingdonboy

Country flag
I know of similar canon fodder encounters..

My bestie in RR told me they went on encounter once which had terrorist hidden in caves.

Para SF operators made their own team even though the order was to have a mix of RR and Para guys.

Anyway, after locating the hideout Para SF decided to charge the hideout in broad daylight.

2 operators .. the leading one.. were both hit in the head.. The tactics was changed then.
Another thing that bothers me about this is that these bodies were left behind. Yeah sure ‘no man left behind’ isn’t always possible but I’m racking my brain and trying to think of a similar incident in Western SF where they’ve left their fallen in place. Yeah it has happened (the Nigerian ambush on green berets is the most obvious one) but most of the time western SF would be operating with ISR support and QRFs on call and they’d fight in place. And that too those guys are fighting 100s/1000s of miles away from home, this is Indian territory and an entire team is being wiped out/being out on their own/abandoned?

Just mind boggling from start to finish. Tactics, equipment, risk assessments, support etc etc all of it missing. Just guys with some rifles like it was 100 freaking years ago

+ afaik the fuc*ers that did this and the Poonch ambushes have not even been located, the IA keeps doing flushing Ops in the area but keeps coming up with nothing, PAFF (or whoever they really are) seems to have some serious presence in that space and the IA doesn’t seem to have got control of the situation at all a LONG time after

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
These highly edited short snippets are very suspicious, they don’t show the start of the contact and only the bodies after so an IED starting it could be very valid but that doesn’t change what you’re saying at all

actually sickening to see the aftermath of this, these guys were playing on a level playing field, utterly incomprehensible. All these years later and the Indian army still doesn’t understand the advantage of night fighting, these two bit paki thugs with some AKs shouldn’t even see these guys coming. JFC the US learned this stuff 20+ years ago, rapidly their SF guys would be 100% operating in the dark (reverse cycling)

just for pointing out how pathetic their condition is you get the fanboys coming up with all kinds of BS, yeah if only the soldiers could take comfort in that.

i could go on but this is honestly too depressing to bother, nothing but contempt for the trinket wearing command officers that happily take their pensions and ride off into the sunset every year thinking this crap is fine to keep happening, no freaking morals and empty bravado. PLA are going to teach them a harsh lesson
I am more hurt by the fact that my forefathers are from Rajouri and i know these forests are not too thick..

Fake narrative of IED(none of the killed looked majorly hit by it) and thick forest being made.

This op could have been started in night and finished

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Another thing that bothers me about this is that these bodies were left behind. Yeah sure ‘no man left behind’ isn’t always possible but I’m racking my brain and trying to think of a similar incident in Western SF where they’ve left their fallen in place. Yeah it has happened (the Nigerian ambush on green berets is the most obvious one) but most of the time western SF would be operating with ISR support and QRFs on call and they’d fight in place. And that too those guys are fighting 100s/1000s of miles away from home, this is Indian territory and an entire team is being wiped out/being out on their own/abandoned?

Just mind boggling from start to finish. Tactics, equipment, risk assessments, support etc etc all of it missing. Just guys with some rifles like it was 100 freaking years ago

+ afaik the fuc*ers that did this and the Poonch ambushes have not even been located, the IA keeps doing flushing Ops in the area but keeps coming up with nothing, PAFF (or whoever they really are) seems to have some serious presence in that space and the IA doesn’t seem to have got control of the situation at all a LONG time after
Thats ok but i am shocked at the orders to fall back.. you are just giving them room to make video and even amputate and take trophies.

Thatswhy i used to say dont do false bravado and all.. it will humble you one day.

Kumaoni

I am more hurt by the fact that my forefathers are from Rajouri and i know these forests are not too thick..

Fake narrative of IED(none of the killed looked majorly hit by it) and thick forest being made.

This op could have been started in night and finished
Ambushes usually start with an ied blast tho

Kumaoni

Thats ok but i am shocked at the orders to fall back.. you are just giving them room to make video and even amputate and take trophies.

Thatswhy i used to say dont do false bravado and all.. it will humble you one day.
Pathetic disgrace. I think para sf should remove SF. They lost to like 10 terrorists.

abingdonboy

Country flag

This whole incident has exposed a lot of issues and written off a lot of the bs bravado that was put out. It’s not a surprise that when we see Paras (or all Indian SF really) looking in an abysmal state and with very mediocre (being generous) drills/tactics that such tragedies occur, it’s pretty disturbing that this late in the day so little seems to have been learned on the Indian side

these PAFF guys seem to be completely in control of the outcome

and this is a failure in all levels, I agree that intel is a big issue here, at such a high level these guys should be known and being targeted before they can even get into this position, the fact that this operation seemed like it was a freaking patrol to contact is utterly absurd

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
After much big brain moments, I have reached to the following conclusion
All COs of infantry divisions and even brigades should be from para SF, they are the best and will probably be considerate of the common soldiery more.
Also no non special forces afsar should be given command of para sf.
If it were upto me, I would have called in some ex green berets and SAS men to retrain the para sf, and also give consultations on type of equipment they need.
I would have made it exclusive, and no would have ensured that para sf guys come in full battle gear when ever they come out to fight.
Also para sf should be more like chindits etc and not a counter insurgency police force.
I would have made them operators in respect to
1) new equipment
2) new tactics and their use in battlefield.
But all these are daydreams

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
This whole incident has exposed a lot of issues and written off a lot of the bs bravado that was put out. It’s not a surprise that when we see Paras (or all Indian SF really) looking in an abysmal state and with very mediocre (being generous) drills/tactics that such tragedies occur, it’s pretty disturbing that this late in the day so little seems to have been learned on the Indian side

these PAFF guys seem to be completely in control of the outcome

and this is a failure in all levels, I agree that intel is a big issue here, at such a high level these guys should be known and being targeted before they can even get into this position, the fact that this operation seemed like it was a freaking patrol to contact is utterly absurd
I can count me you Khanna ji and few others who know about the reality.

Stupid drills, antique equipment and false bravado is just a coctail for fuck up.

Kumaoni

Bro it has ended my ops in which other units had no option except RL or not even that
Hm okay, I’ll take your word for this although there’s hardly any literature regarding this in the past, and this indeed is my only source of info. I’ll say that ppl severely underestimate the capability of reg battalions tho

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Hm okay, I’ll take your word for this although there’s hardly any literature regarding this in the past, and this indeed is my only source of info. I’ll say that ppl severely underestimate the capability of reg battalions tho
Trust me when infantry fails which has been many times in Jammu until URI .. 9 is called to clear and clean.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I can count me you Khanna ji and few others who know about the reality.

Stupid drills, antique equipment and false bravado is just a coctail for fuck up.
It’s just common sense.

if everyone looked at the same information with a unbiased view they’d come to the same conclusions but many come with their own preconditioned views(we are the best)

As I’ve said many times here- reality always wins

i don’t want to be right/blackpilled/liked/etc, I’m just commenting on what I see. If Indian guys were top notch I’d keep my mouth shut, I don’t have some self hating colonial boot licking mindset I just see the disparity in what they say about themselves and what they actually deliver. It’s not rocket science to see the sh!tty training/equipment/SOPs and infer their capabilities in the real world.

it just sucks that this is the outcome, no man regardless of their profession deserves this,they are all unbelievably brave upright individuals that volunteered multiple times to go f@ck up India’s enemies, put them in the top units in the world and they’d be rockstars but this is the fate that befell them

I am getting to the point where I have more contempt for the IA’s leadership than the entire Paki army

Articles