Indian Special Forces

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
‘Tactical’ scarf, those boots and why do I assume he picked that AK himself?

giving serious officer vibes (+ he’s almost certain to served in JK previously)

i really wish all these guys would just have some AR style SBR neither the MP5/X or AK is ideal for them
May be personal choice. Agree with the factor that in theory AR ones are better for such roles but even in US many vets prefer Aks.

zathura98

Country flag
It’s an interesting one

watch this

Not a single mention of the IA/RR, had this event happened 5-10 years ago I’d wager the majority of the extra security would have been provided by the IA

I don’t think there’s anything to ‘recent failures’ to explain this but this is part of a bigger strategy as I explained in previous pages to get the IA out of the domestic role, the PLA is not going to wait for JK to become totally peaceful.

it makes total sense to have brought NSG in and pre-staged them, national mission duties are entirely in their mandate and MARCOs are deployed at Dal Lake anyway so this isn’t really that special

i do hope IA aren’t sleeping and have given the Paras free reign to go mess up some jihadis especially across the LoC. G20 summit occurring without major security incidents will be a huge win
Yeah , that's sounds reasonable , we have to make G20 a win at all possible costs , now i get that they are going with "the more , the merrier" kind of response. And looking at the burn paki's are going through , they will try something stupid , hope we ride that storm with minimal damages.
Thanks btw @abingdonboy @iBaaz @DIE UwU

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
If you Understand how Zonal Protection of HVA works then you will know that the Army / CRPF and J&K Police, SOG, MI, SG are all part of the Security Protocols. There are Inner Cordons, Outer Cordons going out to 5 , 10 KM radius. The Army will also be doubling its Patrols and ISR further out from the Event and doing preemptive Screening and Interdiction operations as well.

MARCOS is on the water - you have a better unit to do that?

NSG is the Inner most Cordon and will provide EVAC in an emergency - you have a unit with better Shooters for a High Civilian Densitity AO in the Army? PS NSG has the best urban counter Snipers in the business.

Then you will also have other covert security that you will never see - JK S0G/SG/SF/MI

I am even willing to bet that SPG observers are also there providing their inputs in scanning for possible threat areas and set up defensive structures (snipers, Suicde Bombers, Drones etc etc)

Everything works in an Ecosystem.
Ok on a more serious note...

I beg to disagree that the best urban counter snipers are with NSG.

I think they are with SPG.

Army and SG have no clue about that.

rkhanna

Country flag
Ok on a more serious note...

I beg to disagree that the best urban counter snipers are with NSG.

I think they are with SPG.

Fair - BUT I would lean on NSG being better Long Gun Shooters over all. I shouldnt have used the term Counter Snipers Specifically.

- SPG CAT Snipers job is to Stop Threats PERIOD. they arnt concerned with anything else
- NSG Snipers have to Stop Threats and Avoid Shooting Civilians/Hostages etc.

I believe NSG would have better shooters Over all BUT SPG would have Better Counter Snipers specially going out beyond 900 Yards.

Goes without saying

Last edited:

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Fair - BUT I would lean on NSG being better Long Gun Shooters over all. I shouldnt have used the term Counter Snipers Specifically.

- SPG CAT Snipers job is to Stop Threats PERIOD. they arnt concerned with anything else
- NSG Snipers have to Stop Threats and Avoid Shooting Civilians/Hostages etc.

I believe NSG would have better shooters Over all BUT SPG would have Better Counter Snipers specially going out beyond 900 Yards.

Goes without saying
Yeah you are more correct now.. and NSG have to take down the sniper which is not so much the job of SPG as their primary task is saving the VIP and not being pinned down doing those things.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I got this on twitter
Basically for ota
View attachment 205927
Right so already the pool of women entering into the armed forces is substantially physically inferior than their male counterparts and from this inferior pool they are going to pick SF candidates?

and then some are telling us the standards won’t be lowered to let women into Indian SF units.

peacetime generals and their shenanigans are no better than paki fauj

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yeah you are more correct now.. and NSG have to take down the sniper which is not so much the job of SPG as their primary task is saving the VIP and not being pinned down doing those things.
Counter sniping is something both SPG and NSG have a mandate to do, SPG generally seem to take things very serious so we can assume they are somewhat decent at what they do but NSG’s support arms are pretty decent at what they do too plus they have some fancy kit

either way precision shooting is hilariously behind the curve in india as compared to the rest of the world, at least 10-15 years

Articles