Indian Special Forces

iBaaz

Country flag
Calm down einstein, he just made an observation and asked for your opinion, if you are so knowledgeble then answer and move on or just ignore, trying to look superior on an internet forum is real clown behaviour.🤡🤡
gonna cry?

iBaaz

Country flag
The guys with AKs are JKP SOG?

+ all NSG are covering their faces with their hands? Did they forget to pack their balaclavas?

good to see they didn’t slip back and deploy Paras for this kind of stuff
All black ones with Army Style PCs are JKP SOG, rest JK Regular and CRPF, there were one or two NSG guys with ak too.
They probably dint expect so many guys to stick cameras into them as paps do with celebs.
NSG seem to have a Celeb status.

iBaaz

Country flag
so even government have doubts on military leadership , even after decades in valley , they turned to NSG , marcos for G20. Must be recent factors of army's failure in valley to call in these SF. any thoughts?
1. Army is already stretched thin so expecting extra army deployment is a hard ask-> North East + China Border + JK
2. Its NSG mandate of Internal Security along with other CAPFs, a important event as of G20 will have all the major units present including NSG.
3. Marcos have been near the lakes for long enough now, they increased the numbers for the duration.
4. Army and its SF also has to carry out regular anti-terror ops along with JKP and CRPF.

abingdonboy

Country flag
The team stationed permanently in Kashmir has modded AKs, they probably came directly from Delhi and had only this (not long back they also floated a tender for 7.62 Rifle along with all the kits and accessories possibly for such requirements)
I’m surprise NSG have such junk in their inventory to this day, their armourers are the best in India bar none, I wouldn’t have thought they’d let these weapons leave their vaults in this sorry state

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
1. Army is already stretched thin so expecting extra army deployment is a hard ask-> North East + China Border + JK
2. Its NSG mandate of Internal Security along with other CAPFs, a important event as of G20 will have all the major units present including NSG.
3. Marcos have been near the lakes for long enough now, they increased the numbers for the duration.
4. Army and its SF also has to carry out regular anti-terror ops along with JKP and CRPF.
Army is not stretched thin, if tasked ahead, setting up logistics is the only task, manpower they have more than enough of

abingdonboy

Country flag
so even government have doubts on military leadership , even after decades in valley , they turned to NSG , marcos for G20. Must be recent factors of army's failure in valley to call in these SF. any thoughts?
It’s an interesting one

watch this

Not a single mention of the IA/RR, had this event happened 5-10 years ago I’d wager the majority of the extra security would have been provided by the IA

I don’t think there’s anything to ‘recent failures’ to explain this but this is part of a bigger strategy as I explained in previous pages to get the IA out of the domestic role, the PLA is not going to wait for JK to become totally peaceful.

it makes total sense to have brought NSG in and pre-staged them, national mission duties are entirely in their mandate and MARCOs are deployed at Dal Lake anyway so this isn’t really that special

i do hope IA aren’t sleeping and have given the Paras free reign to go mess up some jihadis especially across the LoC. G20 summit occurring without major security incidents will be a huge win

iBaaz

Country flag
Army is not stretched thin, if tasked ahead, setting up logistics is the only task, manpower they have more than enough of
They are in the sense that they may have to increase their number on front even more cant take chances there, they cant be operating at 100% capacity

iBaaz

Country flag
It’s an interesting one

watch this

Not a single mention of the IA/RR, had this event happened 5-10 years ago I’d wager the majority of the extra security would have been provided by the IA

I don’t think there’s anything to ‘recent failures’ to explain this but this is part of a bigger strategy as I explained in previous pages to get the IA out of the domestic role, the PLA is not going to wait for JK to become totally peaceful.

it makes total sense to have brought NSG in and pre-staged them, national mission duties are entirely in their mandate and MARCOs are deployed at Dal Lake anyway so this isn’t really that special

i do hope IA aren’t sleeping and have given the Paras free reign to go mess up some jihadis especially across the LoC. G20 summit occurring without major security incidents will be a huge win
Army being withdrawn from CI/CT has been put on hold indefinitely, either way they are holding the status quo, Army does not venture into Municipal areas that the AOR of JKP and CRPF entirely.

Scramjet

Country flag
It’s an interesting one

watch this

RR is mobilised in every region in JnK right now, not all details are covered by the media.... also IA is mainly chartered for tightening security along LoC.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
This is just a psy op after recent warnings by terrorist groups.

NSG patches and openly walking in and out in a urban area when you could easily do it low profile.

This is for India TV kind of boasting.

(sometimes does the job)

Best weapons are those which are never used.

But i honestly forsee a major challenge here.

abingdonboy

Country flag
This is just a psy op after recent warnings by terrorist groups.

NSG patches and openly walking in and out in a urban area when you could easily do it low profile.

This is for India TV kind of boasting.

(sometimes does the job)

Best weapons are those which are never used.

But i honestly forsee a major challenge here.
For sure, someone told the media that’s why the NSG were effectively mobbed when they turned up, they aren’t patrolling though, it looks like they were doing some kind of threat assessment, yeah in a professional serious country this would’ve been done low-vis and away from the media but it is what it is

Hoping for the best here, pulling it off without incident will be huge I have a bad feeling though, terrorists will be trying to do something, Chinese and Turks aren’t even going so Pakis have a free hand to target without hitting their ummah

abingdonboy

Country flag
Is the prize for their top team a visit to a hair stylist or something?

NSG boys must take a lot of mirrors with them

53718767-E85C-4A9B-879F-CC6BE7A83D48.jpeg

(Btw this is just an observation, I don’t have an opinion on their grooming one way or another except to say it’s interesting that they are allowed beards, their top brass really gives them a lot of leeway it seems)

Last edited:

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
‘Tactical’ scarf, those boots and why do I assume he picked that AK himself?

giving serious officer vibes (+ he’s almost certain to served in JK previously)

i really wish all these guys would just have some AR style SBR neither the MP5/X or AK is ideal for them
The Tan Boots and Black Uniforms with golden tabs and badges reminds me a lot of Iraq’s Golden Division, minus the tan PC.
1684466342585.jpeg

1684466365133.jpeg

rkhanna

Country flag
they turned to NSG , marcos for G20. Must be recent factors of army's failure in valley to call in these SF. any thoughts?

If you Understand how Zonal Protection of HVA works then you will know that the Army / CRPF and J&K Police, SOG, MI, SG are all part of the Security Protocols. There are Inner Cordons, Outer Cordons going out to 5 , 10 KM radius. The Army will also be doubling its Patrols and ISR further out from the Event and doing preemptive Screening and Interdiction operations as well.

MARCOS is on the water - you have a better unit to do that?

NSG is the Inner most Cordon and will provide EVAC in an emergency - you have a unit with better Shooters for a High Civilian Densitity AO in the Army? PS NSG has the best urban counter Snipers in the business.

Then you will also have other covert security that you will never see - JK S0G/SG/SF/MI

I am even willing to bet that SPG observers are also there providing their inputs in scanning for possible threat areas and set up defensive structures (snipers, Suicde Bombers, Drones etc etc)

Everything works in an Ecosystem.

Articles