Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag

highly decorated
I hope that the IA’s frontline medical treatment is up to par now and they have combat medics skilled enough to stabilise the wounded at the scene before transporting them to trauma centres within the golden hour

the fact you never see Indian troops issued with even basic med packs, heck even tourniquets really makes me wonder when you hear about these events if some of the less wounded individuals could I’ve been saved…..

you hear about soldiers from GWOT with the most horrific of injuries being saved, a lot of the injured that you hear about that live on seem to generally have more straight Foreword injuries (gunshot wounds in less critical areas)

never really hear of much discussion on this topic

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
We criticised the whole year to be called traitors warning this would happen.

This is a textbook style hit by the defending team in a jungle and 9 Para has seen this earlier with the same result in 2009 aka Major Mohit Sharma incident.

But the thing is we wont learn.

Salute to the matyrs.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
If I remember correctly from my Family members who served in the valley through the mid/late 90s and 2000s. There is an informal escalation of force between the IA and the Pakis.

our Airpower in Kashmir is restricted to ISR and Logistics - we dont get flooded with RPGS and MANPADs. - or so I remmeber.

Also SOPs of Collatarel damage in your own territory visavis a territory you are occupying (your American reference) are different. -

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR could elaborate?
Sorry didnt understand the question... woke up from a red eye flight.

Anupu

Country flag
Guys, my understanding of SF is pretty noobish. But a couple of questions I had, why do we always look at combat loadout of Western units engaged in urban warfare-like scenarios? Wouldn't is be better to look at jungle warfare units of Western special forces?

After all para SF is involved in these types of operations.

Indrajit

Country flag
Loose 5 men trying to avenge 5 men, from the condition of para sf i just feel the army likes to throw bodies at the problem everytime.
No real point in criticizing for the sake of it. What exactly was the army expected to do? If Para SF guys are just bodies thrown in, how exactly was the army going to deal with this problem? Shit happens, terrible shit happens sometimes. None of us feels good about it but if there is another way to deal with this, I would very much like to hear it.

@rkhanna is right, there is an agreement from the 1990's between RAW & ISI to not allow the use of manpads. That limits the escalatory methods that we can use .

I rarely come in on this thread because for quite some time, all I have seen here is relentless, repetitive, sometimes mindless criticism (my opinion) of the IA in general and the SF's in particular. However its one thing to do that as a general argument and quite another to do it when the forces are in an active operation and have taken casualties. Hopefully, some introspection is in order here, not just as many say - for only the IA to do

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag
I always wanted to see 1:5 ratio wrt porkies
If 1 dies here 5 should die there bcoz they are that useless
Pata nahi kab dream true hoga
Om shanti
Om Shanti bs yahi likh skte hai Agr Yahi Humare Para SF Wale Pakistani army ko raid krte Shaheed hote toh mein khush khota Lekin Apne hi ghr mein terrorist k sath badi dukh ki baat hai Indian Govt defensive se Offensive kab hogi world ki 4th sabse badi army hai lekin phir mar kha rahi hai Phir wahi repeat krne wali baat hai 2021 Oct mein 10 jawan KIA same area humne kya Kiya bs Om Shanti aur Aaj phir se repeat
Hum Apne Jawano k Saath Justice nhi Krte

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Guys, my understanding of SF is pretty noobish. But a couple of questions I had, why do we always look at combat loadout of Western units engaged in urban warfare-like scenarios? Wouldn't is be better to look at jungle warfare units of Western special forces?
After all para SF is involved in these types of operations.
You can look at any won't matter army ain't intrested in upgrading there gear and tactics both that's the harsh truth

Scramjet

Country flag
Om Shanti bs yahi likh skte hai Agr Yahi Humare Para SF Wale Pakistani army ko raid krte Shaheed hote toh mein khush khota Lekin Apne hi ghr mein terrorist k sath badi dukh ki baat hai Indian Govt defensive se Offensive kab hogi world ki 4th sabse badi army hai lekin phir mar kha rahi hai Phir wahi repeat krne wali baat hai 2021 Oct mein 10 jawan KIA same area humne kya Kiya bs Om Shanti aur Aaj phir se repeat
Hum Apne Jawano k Saath Justice nhi Krte
Exactly my thought

Scramjet

Country flag
We criticised the whole year to be called traitors warning this would happen.

This is a textbook style hit by the defending team in a jungle and 9 Para has seen this earlier with the same result in 2009 aka Major Mohit Sharma incident.

But the thing is we wont learn.

Salute to the matyrs.
That was 1 para, although both cases are quite similiar, we lost our men cause the senior leadership called in "their best boys to get the work done faster"

Anupu

Country flag
You can look at any won't matter army ain't intrested in upgrading there gear and tactics both that's the harsh truth
That may be the case but what I am arguing is this and it may be hilariously wrong. I think para sf is not too far behind these guys went it comes to equipment for jungle warfare.

Articles