Indian Special Forces

Meal Team 6

Country flag
Do you have any pictures, would love to see some.
Just seems to me like showcasing how out of touch and ill-equipped we are.
You are thinking to much into it, you have to showcase the weapons you are working with on joint ex or dignitaries for familiarisation of equipment, it doesnt matter how good or bad they are, different units have different budgets , its not how new or old our gear is but more about how we employ it, I saw few pics of them long time ago, I will see if I can find the one with dignitaries, here is public display one.

gettyimages-943381330-612x612.jpg

Jedi Operator

Country flag
If they do they won’t blast it on their SM (does GIGN even have their own SM?). But apparently the white man’s approval is needed even if it’s just a typical chai biskoot affair as BRF call it
exactly, and you see another interview with Cdr Vijay and Ranveer, over their he mentions that evasive driving, photography and intelligence gathering used to be a part of MARCOS course but are no longer their. Why does that make no sense to me. Why would you not include such stuff which is valued by every other SF unit. And then he says that their are other organizations within and outside our nation that do these things so we MARCOS dont. Like what? Evasive driving is such an important skill. But more importantly, you had one and you stopped it. Same with salvage diving. Old school MARCOS were better yaar. Sri Lanka, Kashmir, Somalia they went everywhere. Now they are just following the footsteps of their Army counterparts

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
If they do they won’t blast it on their SM (does GIGN even have their own SM?). But apparently the white man’s approval is needed even if it’s just a typical chai biskoot affair as BRF call it
GIGn may not have social media of their own but their is flashbang mag for that.They does exclusives of all SOFs around europe and America

Kumaoni

Seriously brother mountain warfare capabilities
The world's most experienced mountain warfare military had to buy winter clothing from USA by emergency procurement
This is the condition of so called best
If clothing is an issue for them even that they have to import then u can assume about other deficiencies in our mountain warfare
I think its pretty much agreed upon that the Indian Army does mountain warfare the best, or is among the best in it.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I think its pretty much agreed upon that the Indian Army does mountain warfare the best, or is among the best in it.
Being constantly deployed or having a permanent base in high altitudes don't make the best mountain warfare military
It's about intent and competency
If they are best
Why didn't they have winter clothing the most basic even a army new to this terrain would have given it first preference but again most experienced had to import in emergency procurement route from USA
If u r best then why don't u have domestic winter clothing how were u surviving without it
Best mountain warfare military but never thought of light tanks even after Chinese deploying it
There are many such flaws to our self proclaimed best mountain warfare capability

Kumaoni

Being constantly deployed or having a permanent base in high altitudes don't make the best mountain warfare military
It's about intent and competency
If they are best
Why didn't they have winter clothing the most basic even a army new to this terrain would have given it first preference but again most experienced had to import in emergency procurement route from USA
If u r best then why don't u have domestic winter clothing how were u surviving without it
Best mountain warfare military but never thought of light tanks even after Chinese deploying it
There are many such flaws to our self proclaimed best mountain warfare capability

Im talking of operational history, from Poonch, Rajouri, Shalateng battles in 47 to Haji Pir and Teethwal in 65 to Mandhol, Turtok, and Poonch in 71 to Siachen in 84

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Time has changed so has warfare so as officers
Nothing else to say
Do you know about officers ? Bhai
@Kumaoni is right here. Indian army is best in the world as far as HAW is concerned
Bas now only if they replaced those cheetah with hal Luh and bought good numbers of garuda 105 howitzer, amd zorawar light tanks their position atleast against Pakistan will make them.
unsurmountable
As for now, these roles are filled by cheetah, 105 mm towed indian field gun and T 72 CIA

Finally if siachen is not in paki hands than be assured the men and officers are the finest in whole world .

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Do you know about officers ? Bhai
@Kumaoni is right here. Indian army is best in the world as far as HAW is concerned
Bas now only if they replaced those cheetah with hal Luh and bought good numbers of garuda 105 howitzer, amd zorawar light tanks their position atleast against Pakistan will make them.
unsurmountable
As for now, these roles are filled by cheetah, 105 mm towed indian field gun and T 72 CIA

Finally if siachen is not in paki hands than be assured the men and officers are the finest in whole world .
Ok bhai
Then why was such dire situation of winter clothing
Coming Garuda and zorawar
Both are happening or might happen due to 2020 conflict
If thise things wouldn't have happen such projects were even in sight of army
If u r best in a particular warfare u must lead the trend
Forget following as that would have been better but what we are doing is catching up
So called inexperienced PLA was able to think of light tanks, howitzers, infra, salami slicing but we could
Now forget best or worst which has performed better

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Ok bhai
Then why was such dire situation of winter clothing
Coming Garuda and zorawar
Both are happening or might happen due to 2020 conflict
If thise things wouldn't have happen such projects were even in sight of army
If u r best in a particular warfare u must lead the trend
Forget following as that would have been better but what we are doing is catching up
So called inexperienced PLA was able to think of light tanks, howitzers, infra, salami slicing but we could
Now forget best or worst which has performed better
Iam not saying deficiencies don't exist , 300 light tanks is a very old programme.
I have heard about this thing when I was in class 7 itself, but I went nowhere.
Things work late here, i too was very unhappy and not at all optimistic when I first saw the ATAGS design back in 2014, I was sure it won't see the light of the day , I have followed that project since then .
It did see light of the day, the decade of saint anthony as defence minster was that of lost decade .
India always arms better with a strong government in centre, you saw that retard gandhis breast beating about rafale didn't you, not everyone is corrupt like his dearest pupaa .
The garuda shouod not even come due to Frap which says to replace all other caliber with 155 mm ones of various types.
After 1980s. It was only after 2014 that India induct new weapons at all and defence procurement is passable if not good.
@Kumaoni

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Iam not saying deficiencies don't exist , 300 light tanks is a very old programme.
I have heard about this thing when I was in class 7 itself, but I went nowhere.
Things work late here, i too was very unhappy and not at all optimistic when I first saw the ATAGS design back in 2014, I was sure it won't see the light of the day , I have followed that project since then .
It did see light of the day, the decade of saint anthony as defence minster was that of lost decade .
India always arms better with a strong government in centre, you saw that retard gandhis breast beating about rafale didn't you, not everyone is corrupt like his dearest pupaa .
The garuda shouod not even come due to Frap which says to replace all other caliber with 155 mm ones of various types.
After 1980s. It was only after 2014 that India induct new weapons at all and defence procurement is passable if not good.
@Kumaoni
We can mention various factors here and there but the point is when u r best then that's bcoz of support of particular organization, govt and ministry
If u r not getting that support then pls there is nothing best
It's as similar to people who say we have best sf

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles