Indian Special Forces

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Wasnt it 10 Para in jaffna Helidrop?

You are right there are only 15 for 4 Para, and only 2 for 7 Para, and 50-60-70 for all para regiments combined. I guess he is missing some details here and there since it happened long back for him but the crux of the matter remains
10 my wrong.
But i think we are missing some names in the abovesaid roll as 10 was the one with least casualties among three SFs and 1 was with maximum numbers.Even Maj Abhay Sapru is the video says they lost 4 officers and 30 something men.
Sorry i could be wrong

SGOperative

Country flag
10 my wrong.
But i think we are missing some names in the abovesaid roll as 10 was the one with least casualties among three SFs and 1 was with maximum numbers.Even Maj Abhay Sapru is the video says they lost 4 officers and 30 something men.
Sorry i could be wrong
30 is a big number here mate almost equal to 2 btlns casualties, until someone can get a pic from the National War memorial this is what we got or it is possible they are including seriously injured in that too

EternalNxg

Country flag
Where is 9 para hq'ed? Lol, I know 10 is in Rajasthan, 4 in Himachal, 2 in Bangalore, what about the rest? Or is it classified?

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
9 is in udhampur northern comd.
4 is situated near udhampur, the place is called garhi.
10 is in jodhpur, 3 is in chandimandir, 1 is in nahan, 2 is in Bangalore.
Are you sure 1 is based at Nahan, their operators wear the Western Army command insignia and I don't think Nahan comes under the AOR of western command

Kumaoni

15 not mate..couple of years back there was a pic posted in the forum in the closed down thread ,of a memorial of the whole Para in the whole sectors ..And 4 Para had similar figures iircAnd i had the exact question back then .Old timers like @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR or @rkhanna would be remembering that pic. iirc unknowncommando posted that pic..Some months before i asked in this forum to post it again but he said he lost it. I am sure there is a memrial stone outthere engraving the whole casualties list .I don’t think they would involve the names of those got injured.He exactly said men killed and not injured.And he don’t seem to be exaggerating as throughout his conversation he said as it was just part of their job and there was no bragging of anysort.Also the technicalities he said to me were syncing with what i know from my basic knowledge from this forum.
So please post this picture then. National War memorial website said only 15

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
At present they’re buying more and more of the Armasen Tactical SF RIG in both Square Cut and Shooters Cut Configurations. They’ve been seen in black colour and recently Khaki. They also use some other Plate Carriers earlier which were bulky, but it’s debatable from whom they’ve been purchased. As well as some light and compact ones that look like they’ve been made by the unit tailor
View attachment 176737View attachment 176739
Square CutView attachment 176740
Shooters Cut
View attachment 176744
Unit Tailor(possibly)
View attachment 176749
Bulky one
View attachment 176751
Occasionally even Tactical Vestswith plate inserts like IA.
View attachment 176752
And some other unidentified one’s not seen that often.
View attachment 176754View attachment 176755View attachment 176756
Has anyone by any chance asked Armasen on twitter why they don't produce a low vis version of the tricolour operator patch ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles