Indian Special Forces

jai jaganath

Country flag
Today in twitter tej bhai quoted and said some top usa analyst and said that we will exhaust our sf in beginning of war and we have become overly dependent on sf
Is this the reason why we converted airborne to sf
If that's the case then what is our "sof type ops" according to us
As the definition of ours seems to be completely different to world's other sof and we are walking completely 180 degrees

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Today in twitter tej bhai quoted and said some top usa analyst and said that we will exhaust our sf in beginning of war and we have become overly dependent on sf
Is this the reason why we converted airborne to sf
If that's the case then what is our "sof type ops" according to us
As the definition of ours seems to be completely different to world's other sof and we are walking completely 180 degrees
the reason to convert so many units is to use sf as super infantry units.

the real us type sfs that you are referring to can be SG.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Do u think this is a good move or a bad move?
its good becuase anyway we dont have sf mindset, equipment and ops.

So the more troops available for super infantry role the better because nothing will change and we are a big country with big population so we need big pool of well trained troops.

as far as keeping elite forces with expensive equipment and those kind of ops i dont think we will be there in the next decade atleast.

Kumaoni

its good becuase anyway we dont have sf mindset, equipment and ops.

So the more troops available for super infantry role the better because nothing will change and we are a big country with big population so we need big pool of well trained troops.

as far as keeping elite forces with expensive equipment and those kind of ops i dont think we will be there in the next decade atleast.
Specially Becuase our biggest threats are conventional and not insurgent.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I dont think we are doing too much of those kind of ops with SF personnel.

Recent Isi agent killing by RAW(suspected) in Nepal... operator doesnt look military from the video

I was told by a ex Raw guy that mostly CAPF guys are used in these low scale ops.

We dont do much high scale ops.

Kumaoni

Recent Isi agent killing by RAW(suspected) in Nepal... operator doesnt look military from the video

I was told by a ex Raw guy that mostly CAPF guys are used in these low scale ops.

yeah but the threat still looms

jai jaganath

Country flag
No
It's because we have kept our requirements low but actually it isn't
We have requirement of high end sof ops but lethargicness in our political brass which doesn't want to destroy the enimies of India have setup a low quality outcome from deserving guys

Kumaoni

No
It's because we have kept our requirements low but actually it isn't
We have requirement of high end sof ops but lethargicness in our political brass which doesn't want to destroy the enimies of India have setup a low quality outcome from deserving guys
Like what kind of SOF “ops”? The biggest threat is conventional, and elite infantry is needed as pure killers in order to destroy the enemy.

Also, destroying the enemies of india when you are getting closer to the biggest rule enforcer of the world (US), is unrealistic.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Like what kind of SOF “ops”? The biggest threat is conventional, and elite infantry is needed as pure killers in order to destroy the enemy.

Also, destroying the enemies of india when you are getting closer to the biggest rule enforcer of the world (US), is unrealistic.
Like taking out high level hvt or extraction in pok which will reduce the treat of terror attacks and start pushing them back
We definitely need cct and pj during war which we don't have until now
If I am going wild now then even marcos should start taking extraction or elimination of intended hvts (trulywild pls don't considerthis point)
There are many more things
There is nothing in this world of which we as a nation don't have requirement for

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

Sorry bro raaw uses om prakash Mishra /s

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles