Indian Special Forces

thefewthefearless

Country flag
Paras beheaded the Pakistanis to send the message across that your brutality will be paid back in kind.
kinda funny how these aimchair exfarts here lecture military about 21st century moral conduct with a brain of 14 year rainbow haired teen on internet. shit happened during gwot.
bro it's war. don't be a cry baby.
that paklandi beheading was necessary. yeh koi game nahi ki bas good banna hai.

Waanar

Country flag
kinda funny how these aimchair exfarts here lecture military about 21st century moral conduct with a brain of 14 year rainbow haired teen on internet. shit happened during gwot.
Scalping dead bodies isn't a good military policy, especially when the military is trying to "win hearts and minds".
That was the US policy, wasn't it?
When soldiers start doing stuff which hurts your own military's strategy, it's called a rogue act.
A rogue act usually is considered unprofessional by any military.
My heart goes out to any soldier scarred by war to the point of doing such twisted acts but that doesn't make it right.

Instead of throwing insults, consider talking like an adult.

STORE

Would u say the same if a paki or chini does it to our soldier or to our family. Always think in both ways. No need to take pride in beheadings, u should be proud of winning the battle. beheading someone who is dead or surrendered is not gonna change or send the kind of message u think, it just shows u don't take POW's and it's better to fight till their death rather than being brutally killed. It's just gonna lead to revenge and give us reputation of a barbaric army like turks and azeris. Wht do u achieve by beheading? Satisfaction? if so, how long will it last? U call others armchair exfarts, r u an exfart in beheadings? Have u been beheaded before ?

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Funny how the US socom agreed with these arm chair exfarts?😩😩

Waanar

Country flag
Would u say the same if a paki or chini does it to our soldier or to our family. Always think in both ways. No need to take pride in beheadings, u should be proud of winning the battle. beheading someone who is dead or surrendered is not gonna change or send the kind of message u think, it just shows u don't take POW's and it's better to fight till their death rather than being brutally killed. It's just gonna lead to revenge and give us reputation of a barbaric army like turks and azeris. Wht do u achieve by beheading? Satisfaction? if so, how long will it last? U call others armchair exfarts, r u a exfart in beheadings?
Such acts are okay if the military leadership itself decides that's how they want to approach the problem (maybe to cause mass desertion or something along those lines) but to do it when your own military is trying to explicitly win over the populace is akin to self sabotage.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Would u say the same if a paki or chini does it to our soldier or to our family. Always think in both ways. No need to take pride in beheadings, u should be proud of winning the battle. beheading someone who is dead or surrendered is not gonna change or send the kind of message u think, it just shows u don't take POW's and it's better to fight till their death rather than being brutally killed. It's just gonna lead to revenge and give us reputation of a barbaric army like turks and azeris. Wht do u achieve by beheading? Satisfaction? if so, how long will it last? U call others armchair exfarts, r u a exfart in beheadings?
A professional army is expected to act as such, if you start doing the same thins the paki barabrians do what difference is left between us and them?
Professionalism and terrorism are two different things.
But i do agree with an Army like ours tit for tat may have been more effective for moral.
As our average population gets more educated this might change.

STORE

Such acts are okay if the military leadership itself decides that's how they want to approach the problem (maybe to cause mass desertion or something along those lines) but to do it when your own military is trying to explicitly win over the populace is akin to self sabotage.
If it's during a war there r gonna be POW's in both sides. As I told before think both ways.

Waanar

Country flag
If it's during a war there r gonna be POW's in both sides. As I told before think both ways.
I said "if the military leadership decides". Much like they decided that Op Apache was the way to go.

What I'm trying to say is such barbaric actions do have a place. They do when you do it in a controlled, deliberate manner.

If your soldiers are going all Indian Psycho on a cadaver without being told to do so (or at least having tacit understanding with their high rankers), that's when you may consider reeling them back in. Thankfully, I haven't heard this happening with Indian soldiers on any significant scale.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Scalping dead bodies isn't a good military policy, especially when the military is trying to "win hearts and minds".
That was the US policy, wasn't it?
When soldiers start doing stuff which hurts your own military's strategy, it's called a rogue act.
A rogue act usually is considered unprofessional by any military.
My heart goes out to any soldier scarred by war to the point of doing such twisted acts but that doesn't make it right.

Instead of throwing insults, consider talking like an adult.
If we normalise barbarism and equate it with warrior spirit then the likes of Aurangazeb,Nadir shah,Timur,chengizkhan,Attila all needs to be put of the hall of fame.If they do it then its barabrism if ours do it then its act of valor.Lol.Such acts should be done only to those directly responsible for such cruelty and not some random guys who have no role in anything.Otherwise there is no difference between you and the alleged demons you fight with

Kumaoni

The comparison of what Paras did during Apache and what US units did is rather stupid. It's not like Afghans were attacking US civilians on US soil. On the other hand, Paras beheaded the Pakistanis to send the message across that your brutality will be paid back in kind.

Most of such gnarly executions and theatrical brutality that our SOFs do has had a purpose, the purpose being the dissuasion of attack on innocents (and revenge for mutilated troopers).
On the other hand, what US did was invade Afghan/Iraqi homeland, killed their people and start having competitions on the number of kills they could manage, start using their unit specific symbolic weapons like hatchets to mutilate bodies and overall being a steaming pile of shit human beings.

There's a difference between purposeful carnage for causes close to the heart when left with no other option and psychosis induced brutality for the sake of being brutal.

How well did USA's troops mutilating dead bodies serve their hearts and minds mission in Afghanistan?
It was a counterproductive move, was it not?

On the other hand, our troops weren't trying to win any hearts in Pakistan. What they did was dissuade the Pakistanis. Purposeful violence and messaging.

Psyops =/= Sadism.
Nope. I totally disagree. It’s fucking war for crying out loud. Bullets flying by, your friends gettinf shot. Now, killing civilians is inexcusable, but the US SOF beheading dead Talibanis? How can I criticize this? War is no joke.

Kumaoni

our soldier or to our family. Always think in both ways. No need to take pride in beheadings, u should be proud of winning the battle. beheading someone who is dead or surrendered is not gonna change or send the kind of message u think, it just shows u don't take POW's
So when Pakistan beheads our men, mocks it in the high commission, regularly violates the ceasefire? What we do is reactionary.

STORE

I said "if the military leadership decides". Much like they decided that Op Apache was the way to go.

What I'm trying to say is such barbaric actions do have a place. They do when you do it in a controlled, deliberate manner.

If your soldiers are going all Indian Psycho on a cadaver without being told to do so (or at least having tacit understanding with their high rankers), that's when you may consider reeling them back in. Thankfully, I haven't heard this happening with Indian soldiers on any significant scale.
I have no problem with soldiers being violent. Human beings are violent creatures but I find it childish some people are boasting about beheadings like it's some normal thing without knowing the effects it has on a person and wht his life will be once he gets back to society. Many U.S veterans still sufferers from PTSD.

Kumaoni

I have no problem with soldiers being violent. Human beings are violent creatures but I find it childish some people are boasting about beheadings like it's some normal thing without knowing the effects it has on a person and wht his life will be once he gets back to society. Many U.S veterans still sufferers from PTSD.
The paras in that picture of Apache looked quite happy when they retaliated for numerous terrorist attacks

Waanar

Country flag
Nope. I totally disagree. It’s fucking war for crying out loud. Bullets flying by, your friends gettinf shot. Now, killing civilians is inexcusable, but the US SOF beheading dead Talibanis? How can I criticize this? War is no joke.
Slippery slope. When beheading becomes normalized, what comes next?

Where does one draw the line between a soldier representing his nation and a livegore fan budgeted and trained by the government?

Kumaoni

Slippery slope. When beheading becomes normalized, what comes next?

Where does one draw the line between a soldier representing his nation and a livegore fan budgeted and trained by the government?
In war, all bits of humanity get lost. It’s not a sport where one is just representing his nation, he is fighting for his life.

If shouldn’t be normalized or even encouraged, but I won’t sit here and criticize them for it.

Waanar

Country flag
In war, all bits of humanity get lost. It’s not a sport where one is just representing his nation, he is fighting for his life.

If shouldn’t be normalized or even encouraged, but I won’t sit here and criticize them for it.
You should.
It's wrong to mutilate dead bodies without any purpose.

Kumaoni

Well I’m not a human rights commissioner who sits in an AC desk with ice cold water in comfy pajamas and critizes people who are fighting for their literal life.

STORE

So when Pakistan beheads our men, mocks it in the high commission
So u do tht exactly same thing wht they do? Then what's the difference between us and them? If some pig beheads our soldier we should give him a more painful death than beheading, not some other guy who has nothing to do with it .thts revenge and sends a message.
regularly violates the ceasefire? What we do is reactionary.
We retaliate in the same manner. Since we did beheading did it stop them from violating the ceasefire all these years? If not then, thts not the tactic to use.

STORE

The paras in that picture of Apache looked quite happy when they retaliated for numerous terrorist attacks
Iam sure u known them personally and how they feel. Since the beheading no terrorist attack took place in India.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles