Indian Special Forces

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Each and every point is perfect but can he prove how did we lose 1000s sqkm
Don’t agree with his objection on charging the SF guys with 304ipc ie culpable homicide not amounting to murder.Thats the rule of the law and no one is above it.Before firing the shot we should be very much clear about whom we are firing especially when we are operating inside our own territory whether its Kashmir or NE or LWE.During the trial they may be acquitted as there is provisions in IPC for acts done under good faith or acts done under instructions.But still those who ordered the action will be/should be held accountable as the ones who lost the lives too are Indians and that too civilians who dont have tie ups with militants.
All other points of Katoch who had been advocating for SF reforms and his objections against diluting SF capabilities are right

Last edited:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
No the fab defence kits are the lowest quality shit ever put on an Ak, zenitco os way better. I am talking about the weight.
Dafuq.. sorry all these time i thought Fab makes one of the best aftermarket accessories for Aks😞…Zenitco and Sureshot are the best in the class no doubt and iirc sureshot chassis weight less but the cost is the negative factor here.Even though i am diehard Ak fan i would like modern rifles like Bren or Galil Ace to be inducted than Ak203s as on conversation with greyhounds commandos who use both Bulgarian Aks and Cz806s/Bren2s they all are of opinion that Brens are better than Aks.The newest Ak-15s too falls short of expectation.Anyway if Aks with zenitco or Sureshot does the job and then its fine

ManhattanProject

Country flag
You still haven’t provided a source, the fact that the Russians themselves use FAB Mod kits, when they have access to their own companies, should give it a mark of approval.
Heard it Time and again from industry people, do your own research. I really dont have the time.
Just because the russians use it doesnt make it good, most of the time its the contrary.

Fire and groove

Country flag
You still haven’t provided a source, the fact that the Russians themselves use FAB Mod kits, when they have access to their own companies, should give it a mark of approval.
The Russians using it means very little, if not the opposite. The Russian military is and always has been destitute, and FAB has always been a source for cheap weapons furniture.

Indrajit

Country flag
Don’t agree with his objection on charging the SF guys with 304ipc ie culpable homicide not amounting to murder.Thats the rule of the law and no one is above it.Before firing the shot we should be very much clear about whom we are firing especially when we are operating inside our own territory whether its Kashmir or NE or LWE.During the trial they may be acquitted as there is provisions in IPC for acts done under good faith or acts done under instructions.But still those who ordered the action will be/should be held accountable as the ones who lost the lives too are Indians and that too civilians who dont have tie ups with militants.
All other points of Katoch who had been advocating for SF reforms and his objections against diluting SF capabilities are right
Not so fast. One can have a thousand cases put on you once you open that box. They may be acquitted at the end but you can forget about them doing anything else. Also if the army doesn't stand by its people, there's no reason for them to take any risks either. You can pretty much hand victory over to the other side.

I understand that this is complicated and one can look at it from your viewpoint too. There are no easy answers here, we just have to do the thing that has the least potential for long term damage. Again, one can have different perspectives on that too.

rkhanna

Country flag
It was reported by some sources in dfi
That's what I am quoting
My post was not for you bro. lol it was for the powers that be.

Not so fast. One can have a thousand cases put on you once you open that box. They may be acquitted at the end but you can forget about them doing anything else. Also if the army doesn't stand by its people, there's no reason for them to take any risks either. You can pretty much hand victory over to the other side.
Disagree.

1. Army cannot side with its 'people' OVER the indian population. They SERVE the Indian population. the Indian Population is their master.
- The Army has the RIGHT to defend its actions and a decent amount of leaway to protect itself BUT this is an extremely fine line AND has to be done within the confines of the rule of law. the Army is subservient to the law not above it.

2. The Army (and police by extension) have the powers of the state. i.e the Power to take LIFE. that means that they are to be held to a higher standard than the normal populace AND be subject to scrutiny. (as uncomfortable as it may become)

3. Lastly - please dont segregate the Armed Forces from the rest of the Populatiion and put them on a pedestial - I come from a family that has served in the Armed Forces and Police going back to WWII - this is the lesson taught to me repeatedly by my elders.

Lack of Accountability within the Armed Forces is already hurting us in a 100 different places. Accountability can lead to evolution in the right direction if the attitude is so.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles