Indian Special Forces

Kumaoni

Sorry to say but this is just superficial masala stuff and the fact that this is where 95% of the conversation for Indian SOF goes around in highlights the issue. Give para SF a bunch of high end AR style SBRs and are they suddenly on Delta’s level? The whole system from selection to training to deployments makes them little more than light infantry highly focused on COIN.
Gotta put in that work to reach the level.

Although 9 Para has always done operations like camp raids and behind the line operations be it in conventional wars, or COIN. Theyhave also fought pitched battles with Pakistani regulars in 71.

Nightshade1992

Country flag
Garandthumb has talked about jungle warfare before, telling me somehow the green berets were caught offguard and their equipment not suiting is bull. They have already trained in rain forests all across south east asia. And those lighter helmets and chest rigs are standard issue, they didnt swap them out because they were caught offguard.
Kitne units train kiye hain? Morever 2-3 mahina mai koi acclamation ni hota. Just because they have been training in south east asian countries for some years doesn't make them the masters of it. If you cant believe a word that I have to say that's literally coming from the officer that was on the ground with them then I rest my case. Everything doesn't need to be a debate. They didn't perform well, now if that somehow doesn't match with clips that you have seen on youtube then I am sorry there's no point to debate. Refuting the claim of officer that was present there. Ab kya hi bolu. Jhooth thodi bolega mujhe. He is a good friend of mine. Morever it's not like they are completely devoid of the advancement of US SF. But jisme ache ni hai ni hai wo. Sarey SFG ke units haven't trained in south east asian rain forests.

Nightshade1992

Country flag
What does the officer have to say about cqb drills, night fighting with GB? And is there any chance of improvement in equipment in the future?
That's completely dependant on the CO of a particular unit. The more they are open to learning new techniques the better it would be for them. The para SF establishment is in a mess right now. There is no standardisation nor any will to change by the top level brass. It's only because the CO of units have freedom to avail services of 3rd party that some units excel in tactics and techniques as compared to their counterparts in other units. All in all it's fucked up and many members in the SF weren't happy with the conversion of airborne units to SF.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
That's completely dependant on the CO of a particular unit. The more they are open to learning new techniques the better it would be for them. The para SF establishment is in a mess right now. There is no standardisation nor any will to change by the top level brass. It's only because the CO of units have freedom to avail services of 3rd party that some units excel in tactics and techniques as compared to their counterparts in other units. All in all it's fucked up and many members in the SF weren't happy with the conversion of airborne units to SF.
Do you know whether at SFTS, there is only 1 unit stationed or mix from all units?

abingdonboy

Country flag
By the way just for your info the green berets couldn't perform well in the lush jungles. All those equipments they are wearing worn them down. They had to shed the plate carriers/tac vest and switch to chest rigs. They opted to wear helmets but regretted it considering many of them were removing their helmets due to severe itching caused by sweat and humidity. The peltor headsets caused severe itching in their ears too. The equipments they were wearing was optimal for dry arid heat of Afghanistan not humid jungles of India.
A similar thing happened with MARCOS unit that went to train with the seals in the cold sea.The marine commandos who were used to luke warm/normal temp sea water couldn't cope with the low temp sea water in US. Half of the operators went through severe hypothermia as opposed to their US counterparts.

What I am trying to denote by these examples is that at the end of the day SF are not super heroes. They are human who also need to adapt to different climatic conditions. While the equipments and gears might give them an edge but the operator still suffers. Indian jungle conditions and himalayan mountains are no joke.
The green beret example is that of the recently concluded Vajra Prahar. Also i noticed one of the member pointed out that one Indian looks like a talibani. Well that's an US operator who completely adapted according to the Indian operators. He shed his gears and borrowed equipments from the para SF for the duration of the simulated ops deep inside the jungles.
Another case of source: trust me bro.

I’m sure the first time GB have ever operated in the jungles and was this month in india alongside Para SF, they don’t do pre-exercise work ups, they don’t do validation trails for all their equipments and load outs. They don’t have permanent detachments based in south east Asia for at least the last 30 years training alongside indigenous SOF especially in the jungles and hear.

They rely on chad paras to teach them how to do their jobs. To operate in the jungles you have to have talibani loadouts

this is a new level of coping right here.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Garandthumb has talked about jungle warfare before, telling me somehow the green berets were caught offguard and their equipment not suiting is bull. They have already trained in rain forests all across south east asia. And those lighter helmets and chest rigs are standard issue, they didnt swap them out because they were caught offguard.
It’s unbelievable nonsense, listen to Ronin’s podcasts with Chris Ryan and Shawn Ryan (no relation), 1st SFG (based in Japan) train and deploy year round in all the south East Asian countries and have fought in the jungles of Philippines alongside their SOF to flush out ISIS. These are the same guys that took part in Vajra Prahar and suddenly they have no idea how to even properly kit themselves out.

if you want to defend para SF that’s fine but to make up these stories and put down professionals just to massage fragile egos it’s not acceptable.

Nightshade1992

Country flag
God bless and good luck to this forum and it's members. I came here to share authentic information and updates about the armed forces especially SF but the way some of the members outright disrespect and dismiss someone just on the basis of information that they got on the internet is just so disappointing. On the ground info de raha to bol rahe copium, source: trust me bro and God knows what not. Raho apne LA LA Land mai and fight amongst yourselves.
PS. No where did I disrespect the US professionals. I just pointed out they couldn't perform upto their optimal capacity in the deep jungle ops phase of the exercise.
This is literally my last post here.
Goodbye

Dom the Dumb

Country flag

I’m sure the first time GB have ever operated in the jungles and was this month in india alongside Para SF, they don’t do pre-exercise work ups, they don’t do validation trails for all their equipments and load outs. They don’t have permanent detachments based in south east Asia for at least the last 30 years training alongside indigenous SOF especially in the jungles and hear.

They rely on chad paras to teach them how to do their jobs. To operate in the jungles you have to have talibani loadouts

Lmao

Aspirant847

Country flag

I do agree with you on some things but c'mon man, you're just acting like the complete opposite of the jai ho gang rn, no difference between them and you now. Disappointing.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
God bless and good luck to this forum and it's members. I came here to share authentic information and updates about the armed forces especially SF but the way some of the members outright disrespect and dismiss someone just on the basis of information that they got on the internet is just so disappointing. On the ground info de raha to bol rahe copium, source: trust me bro and God knows what not. Raho apne LA LA Land mai and fight amongst yourselves.
PS. No where did I disrespect the US professionals. I just pointed out they couldn't perform upto their optimal capacity in the deep jungle ops phase of the exercise.
This is literally my last post here.
Goodbye
Chill mar bhai.

Dont go.

I also went then i realised i let 13 yrs old nobody win..so i came back.

Plus if u came till here it's your passion..you cant stay away for long.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles