Indian Special Forces

The Shrike

Country flag
I see a lot of users viewing this thread but it’s suspiciously quiet all of a sudden

No one else wants to mark the day Indian SF capability ended?
Airforce is at 3/4 of sanctioned strength and doesn't look to be getting much better, doubts on wether funds are being released for AMCA development, conventional submarine fleet in downward spiral, no news about funding for SSNs..... <Insert rest of the long list>.
How high does "lack of dynamism while doing room clearance by Special Operators" rank? Lol, not at all IMO, I visit this thread nowadays mostly for it's entertainment value :bplease: .

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
Airforce is at 3/4 of sanctioned strength and doesn't look to be getting much better, doubts on wether funds are being released for AMCA development, conventional submarine fleet in downward spiral, no news about funding for SSNs..... <Insert rest of the long list>.
How high does "lack of dynamism while doing room clearance by Special Operators" rank? Lol, not at all IMO, I visit this thread nowadays mostly for it's entertainment value :bplease: .
Cause it's a zone of entertainment only like that Pakistani thread

abingdonboy

Country flag
Told you so a long time ago.

You were hopeful.. i was not cos i know the system.
Yeah man, I underestimated the propensity of Indian senior leadership to screw things up and overestimated that logic would prevail

SF situation is just one manifestation of these dumba$$es and their myopic thinking.

abingdonboy

Country flag
That mentality has to change they have to use in other sof oriented ops
But after this move they literally have put final nail on the coffin of hopes 😒
There are no true SF/SOF in india, they exist in name only

civilian leadership doesn’t know SF even exist or what they are meant to do, the most they might know is Bollywood’s presentation of a ‘commando’ as a super ninja. Military leadership neither respects SFs nor wants them to exist- why would a infantry commander or mechanised officer think SFs hold value?

If you dig into this deeper- all infantry officers go to a ‘commando school’, why the fk is it called that? They aren’t learning actual commando tactics, it’s a leadership course like the US Army’s Ranger school. So these infantry officers come out of training thinking they are all commandos and what is SF but what they can do already?

anyway I could go on about this for hours and 1000s of words, I won’t even open up the issue that’s clearly occurred as the IA has transformed itself into a COIN force and the impact that has had on the SFs. And let’s not forget that even today there is ZERO centralised selection and training for PARA SF, so expanding SF battalions only further dilutes the capabilities and training of every single battalion. If you wanted to sabotage SF you could not do a better job than IA.

Suffice to say the one hope was that INSOCOM would be carved out so the nominal SF units could escape the clutches of the conventional officers but IA have thoroughly torpedoed that idea- now that their SF has effectively been disbanded any ‘SF’ officer that may go onto command a SOCOM will neither be SF in training or experience. He will be infantry plus

Garuds have too limited a role and are used in entirely conventional roles (door gunners, winch men, security guards etc), MARCOs too (divers, VBSS, marine infantry etc) and given both offer near direct entry into their units neither have top notch land warfare training or exposure.

Indian SF won’t recover from this for decades or unless/until india suffers yet another very public humiliating defeat that can’t be covered up/ignored.

I wish nothing but misery on all responsible for this disgrace

+ I just wish India would officially drop the SF nomenclature, it’s beyond embarrassing that these guys would (on paper) he compared to SAS or even Green Berets. If they adopted the correct naming (light infantry ) they might actually be deserving of some respect in that domain.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Indian Army mentality is always towards killing jihadis in Kashmir, as long as the rag tag militiamen of spesal phorsez are able to kill them, who cares?
Thats like India being happy to beat Bangladesh and decides to play with Bangladesh only.

The only problem with that is if we have a war or if we face a extraordinary situation then the going will be tough.

This is all because of the way the Army has become now. The quality has gone down because of selection and promotion process.

Politics is part of any big organization but if the % goes up then this becomes the problem.

The officers are not of the calibre of Manekshaw, Cariappa, Sundarji etc.

And killing jihadis is not a big deal. Ideally it should be the job of CRPF AND JKP.

Using SF to kill jihadis in itself is the victory of Pakistan Army.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles