Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Alright, what is your 'reality'. Let me guess, MARCOS are some sort of Soopa doopa tier 0 ultra classified unit with genetically modified super soldiers, richer than all of America, same with Garuds.

If so, you are disconnected from reality.

Why don't you educate me then? Oh, that's right, you know just about as much.
Bro Marcos is the most overrated Force in India.

Just because a 13 year old put them in the Top 5 Dangerous SF list on youtube everybody is going gaga over it.

So much so that people started claiming they were part of SS and say they are even deployed in NE.

Marcos are deployed in Kashmir and that too around a Lake..that is it.

They dont even conduct cross LOC raids which is the BREAD AND BUTTER of a Ghatak unit...and as per me one of the dangerous ops we do.

People claim anything..what can we do.

On the basis on logic no one lasts even 2 arguements with me.

But its ok ..this is a fetish thread for mental masturbation.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
So ours is more than 3 times less compared to American. What's the size of paki SF ?
Yes, just USSOCOM has 70,000!!!
Just imagine US Army Special Operations Command, US Navy Special Operations Command, US Airforce Special Operations Command and USMC Special Operations Command would their manpower be!!

About pakis, I don't know much about that, but they do have extra forces than India like Marine Corps, etc!!

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Bro Marcos is the most overrated Force in India.

Just because a 13 year old put them in the Top 5 Dangerous SF list on youtube everybody is going gaga over it.

So much so that people started claiming they were part of SS and say they are even deployed in NE.

Marcos are deployed in Kashmir and that too around a Lake..that is it.

They dont even conduct cross LOC raids which is the BREAD AND BUTTER of a Ghatak unit...and as per me one of the dangerous ops we do.

People claim anything..what can we do.

On the basis on logic no one lasts even 2 arguements with me.

But its ok ..this is a fetish thread for mental masturbation.
I swear to God, one guy in world SF thread said, no one can match Marcos even US Navy Seals!!!

Narendra s rawat

Country flag
Just imagine US Army Special Operations Command, US Navy Special Operations Command, US Airforce Special Operations Command and USMC Special Operations Command would their manpower be!!

About pakis, I don't know much about that, but they do have extra forces than India like Marine Corps, etc!!
That figure is after you combine all the their
Tier 1,2,3
Tier 1
Tier 2 Units
Tier 3 Units

Rambo101

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
people just read here and go post stuff on YouTube. Doesn't matter if it is accurate or not. Alpha defence channel comes to mind. Only Amit defence decode is somewhat accurate and on point. since he know technical know how.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Tier 1,2,3
Tier 1
Tier 2 Units
Tier 3 Units

Yes, all of them are included in the USSOCOM!!! And there are several different SF units in USASOC, USNSOC, USASOC, USMCSOC, like I mentioned above!!
Just imagine how seriously the yanks have taken up their military and structure,when US military has almost, if not little smaller manforce than India and still has way more SF units, tells alot about our military.

Killbot

Country flag

JSOC, Army SOC, navy SOC and AF and MARSOC all come under SOCOM. That is part of why US SOFs are so impressive. As they have one single umbrella organization that does everything.

Killbot

Country flag
Tier 1,2,3
Tier 1
Tier 2 Units
Tier 3 Units

Are you sure ISA is under CIA?
Because I think they are a separate unit under JSOC.

Agree with the rest.

Narendra s rawat

Country flag
Are you sure ISA is under CIA?
Because I think they are a separate unit under JSOC.

Agree with the rest.
I am not sure but they were under CIA but now they are operating under JSOC.
So there orgins might be from CIA or army intelligence.
They are are too secretive and CIA never confirmed that ISA works for them.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
JSOC, Army SOC, navy SOC and AF and MARSOC all come under SOCOM. That is part of why US SOFs are so impressive. As they have one single umbrella organization that does everything.
Yes all are under USSOCOM!! But there are many SF units in each Armed Force, who are not under USSOCOM!!

armyofhind

Country flag
So?? Who asked you?? Did I even mention you??
Cool your jets kiddo.

I'm asking you, what is your point here with the constant comparison between various facets of US SOF and Indian Sf.

Tactics and Equipment comparisons I get, what is the point in comparing sizes and deployments?
It is just adding pages and pages to the thread without any value add.

Killbot

Country flag
Yes all are under USSOCOM!! But there are many SF units in each Armed Force, who are not under USSOCOM!!
Those aren't special operations units. Airborne units and such. 82nd Division, 101st Division etc. are under US Army.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Cool your jets kiddo.

I'm asking you, what is your point here with the constant comparison between various facets of US SOF and Indian Sf.

Tactics and Equipment comparisons I get, what is the point in comparing sizes and deployments?
At the end of the day, it's all just comparison!! It's just to see what ur level is compared to a compative world and it always better to know how other countries have developed, and ur still irrelevant even in ur continent.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Those aren't special operations units. Airborne units and such. 82nd Division, 101st Division etc. are under US Army.
Still trained in the lines of Special Operations and Asymmetric warfare. They are not regular infantry battalion!

Killbot

Country flag
Cool your jets kiddo.

Agreed. Because the mandate of SOF in US is completely different from that of India. We need our guys to defend against threats in our immediate neighborhood, for which we dont seed such a large number of SOF assets as the army is deployed as well. Infantry units can do most jobs.

armyofhind

Country flag
At the end of the day, it's all just comparison!! It's just to see what ur level is compared to a compative world and it always better to know how other countries have developed, and ur still irrelevant even in ur continent.
Mindless comparison doesnt yield anything useful, only a misplaced sense of discontentment. This is as true for this thread as it is for life in general.

Like I said, a comparison between gear and the tactics that flows from that gear is fine, comparing sizes is irrelevant.

If you want to really compare sizes of SOF Forces, then compare the sizes of the two militaries, their deployments, their expeditionary vs defensive natures, their defense budgets etc. etc.

Just comparing manpower strength is looking at a very selective facet and hardly of any relevance here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles