Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Re: NSG to pull out 900 commandos from VIP security for counterterror

Good decision finally. there should be a debate in the public domain on the level of security being provided to a few hundred people. I am sure that on this front a few thousand crores are being spent annually.
how much is your life worth when compared to the lives of a few hundred????

blueblood

Why are they not wearing any bullet proof vest?
What gear are the carrying in their back packs, and for what purpose?
Indian SFs generally don't prefer BPJs on the account of being heavy and uncomfortable but your guess is as good as mine.

abingdonboy

Country flag
@blueblood- you've got some great pics in your photostream on flickr! How'd you get these? Never seen any of these before.

+ interesting to see NSG have a walk in Mumbai, what were they doing? Just having a break or was this an actual patrol (doubtful-no weapons or kit).

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
no offence but the name seal itself must have brought the us navy special forces a lot of ridicule.i think special forces should have a proper name or only designated as sf but not a funny name like seal.i remember in lalgarh the crpf commando force cobra has come under maoist's and villager's ridicule because of their name.
I have never heard of anybody laughing at a USN SEAL.

blueblood

@blueblood- you've got some great pics in your photostream on flickr! How'd you get these? Never seen any of these before.

+ interesting to see NSG have a walk in Mumbai, what were they doing? Just having a break or was this an actual patrol (doubtful-no weapons or kit).
To be honest, I don't remember. I had them for quite sometime but I am a lazy fella so.....

NSG pics you quoted are from the Cricket world cup final in Mumbai. You can see ITBP guys in the first pic.

PS: Credit goes to whomever posted them on internet. Cheers.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Guys any idea what happened to Vajra Prahar? Did it happen? There is 0 news of multimedia releases contrary to previous years where the pics and vids have been released by the US.It has been over a month since it was supposed to have ended-still nothing?

@Kunal Biswas

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Long range patrol units..

The backpack contain, sleeping bag, Water, Ammo, Food, Electronic devices and other etc necessities..

Why are they not wearing any bullet proof vest? What gear are the carrying in their back packs, and for what purpose?
---------------------------------------------

Will see more into it..

Guys any idea what happened to Vajra Prahar? Did it happen? There is 0 news of multimedia releases contrary to previous years where the pics and vids have been released by the US.It has been over a month since it was supposed to have ended-still nothing?

@Kunal Biswas

abingdonboy

Country flag
@AshutoshNSingh

Wait until 2015, that's when the NSG will roll-out their "super Commandos!"

Super Black Cat commandos by 2015, says NSG chief - India - DNA

..:: India Strategic ::. Homeland Security: Super Black Cat commandos by 2015: NSG chief

Super Black Cat commandos by 2015: NSG chief

'NSG to train 2,000 new-age commandos by 2015-16'

Super Black Cat commandos by 2015, says NSG chief - News.IndiaLocals.com

super black cat commandos by 2015 nsg chief

Right now the NSG is on a "deep" modernisation process that will end by 2015. I am eagerly awaiting the results, if what the reports are saying is true (and it is coming straght from the NSG Cheif's own mouth so I'd assume it is true) then these guys are going to be kick-a$$!

Pakistan may well have awoken a sleeping giant.

Status
Not open for further replies.