Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil

Country flag
hate that bottle attached with tav....good things its at least covered with black cloth,,,,

but they look really impressive.....

Neil

Country flag
^^^ ya saya sir i know...

but i heard its mainly for auditing purpose and not battlefield purpose....is that true...??

sayareakd

Country flag
^^^ ya saya sir i know...

but i heard its mainly for auditing purpose and not battlefield purpose....is that true...??
yeah it is for audit of bullet shells/casings so that auditors know how many bullets have been fired. But if i have my way soon you will see this in battlefield. :thumb:

abingdonboy

Country flag

That is true work of garud ..........................:thumb:
Exactly! I wanted to make sure I uploaded this particular scren shot as up till now it has only been speculated that FAC was part of their mission profile now seeing it with our own eyes is nice to see! And AFAIK there hasn't been any other pics of Laser Designators in Indian service up til now. The vid also confirmed their other main areas of responsiblity, namely CSAR and IAF base protection.

Unlike Marcos, Garuda use Negev Commando version..

IMI Negev

The good thing about it, it accepts both 30rnd mag as well as belt fed..
@Kunal Biswas I belive IWI changed the name to Negev SF (Special Forces)

hate that bottle attached with tav....good things its at least covered with black cloth,,,,

but they look really impressive.....
It is a LOT better than this:

When I first saw them I thought this was the legitimate case collector provided by IWI- with that Black cover this solution is perfectly acceptable IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil

Country flag
It is a LOT better than this:

When I first saw them I thought this was the legitimate case collector provided by IWI- with that Black cover this solution is perfectly acceptable IMHO.

i am not to sure about that as well..... not an expert but even empty casing create weight problems and does screw the center of balance of the rifle.... doesnt it...??

abingdonboy

Country flag
i am not to sure about that as well..... not an expert but even empty casing create weight problems and does screw the center of balance of the rifle.... doesnt it...??
There is a weight penalty incurred- of course, but this is not all that likely to be a major issue for these guys.

And this is a smarter option than carrying out a excersise spread out over many miles where multiple engagments are made ad then after all that having to comb the ground for hours trying to find every single spent casing! I had such an experience in the CCF here and let me tell you it is not fun! We each only used about 40 rounds each but there was over 30 of use so that's 1200 casings to find and it's not likely to be easy in muddy and grassy ground! Can you imgaine how hard it would be for these guys if they are going through a couple of hundred rounds each?!!

Last edited:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Eventhough MARCOS are equalent to the US seals in their operational capability the training imparted to the marcos and other SF and the whole military itself is not scientific in INDIA.As a result most of the marcos and the sea divers in the navy has side effects of their training at the age of 45-50 something like pain in the back bone,discomfort in lifting weight etc.
where as in america,israel and Uk training is very scientific and as a result the capabilities of soldiers are increased with out causing any serious health problems in the long run.By watching the training of the unscientific physical traing of officer cadets in naval academy,some officials from german naval delegation termed it as physical toture instead of training.They said things are very much better and different in those parts of world.
This was said to me by a commissioned officer in the Navy who happend to be present at the time of the german delegation visit.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
What is the difference then ? both are seals & both are animal & both are warriors too..

It just the Human seal with guns.. oh wait

I am sorry but it's SEAL not seal, seal is a cute animal, SEAL is a deadly warrior.

boris

Country flag
What is the difference then ? both are seals & both are animal & both are warriors too..

It just the Human seal with guns.. oh wait
Go to any American forum especially one run by ex-SF,SEALs like professionalsoldiers or SOCNET and write seal instead of SEAL a few times, SEAL is an abbreviation for Sea,Land and Air hence it is always referred in upper-case . Then see the response, they(the veterans) don't take it lightly. Also do not call SEALs,Rangers as Special Forces there, that they don't take it lightly at all.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
What happens in some other forum is none of my concern, this is our Indian forum and this is about Indian SF thread..

Pointing out how they should be called is good enough, more than that is irrelevant to this thread..

Go to any American forum especially one run by ex-SF,SEALs like professionalsoldiers or SOCNET and write seal instead of SEAL a few times, SEAL is an abbreviation for Sea,Land and Air hence it is always referred in upper-case . Then see the response, they(the veterans) don't take it lightly. Also do not call SEALs,Rangers as Special Forces there, that they don't take it lightly at all.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Eventhough MARCOS are equalent to the US seals in their operational capability the training imparted to the marcos and other SF and the whole military itself is not scientific in INDIA.As a result most of the marcos and the sea divers in the navy has side effects of their training at the age of 45-50 something like pain in the back bone,discomfort in lifting weight etc.
where as in america,israel and Uk training is very scientific and as a result the capabilities of soldiers are increased with out causing any serious health problems in the long run.By watching the training of the unscientific physical traing of officer cadets in naval academy,some officials from german naval delegation termed it as physical toture instead of training.They said things are very much better and different in those parts of world.
This was said to me by a commissioned officer in the Navy who happend to be present at the time of the german delegation visit.
Sir you are correct, some kind of "sports science" needs to be introduced to the Indian military for training purposes. I have no doubt that Indian SOFs are as fit as they come but this fittness has a penalty and unfortunalty this can be long-term injury that can lead to early retirements. I had spoken to a ex UK SF officer (SBS) who was the dad of my Freind and he had told me about his encounters with Indian PARA (SF)- he had never trained or met IN SFs, and he had told my how the PT the PARA (SF) was describing sounded inhumane! My mate's Dad said it made him feel sick when the PARA (SF) guy told him that they would on a regular basis run 60-75kms with 70+ pounds in their packs! My friend's dad told me this was very impressive and the men in the PARA (SF) must be incredibly fit he also told me that you'd ruin your knees and ankles pretty quickly in the long-run if you did this as often as he said.

He had nothing but respect for those guys though let me tell you!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
NAVY SEALS | Official Website U.S. Navy SEALs

United States Army Rangers - The United States Army

Special Forces | GoArmy.com

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
no offence but the name seal itself must have brought the us navy special forces a lot of ridicule.i think special forces should have a proper name or only designated as sf but not a funny name like seal.i remember in lalgarh the crpf commando force cobra has come under maoist's and villager's ridicule because of their name.

sayareakd

Country flag
Sir you are correct, some kind of "sports science" needs to be introduced to the Indian military for training purposes. I have no doubt that Indian SOFs are as fit as they come but this fittness has a penalty and unfortunalty this can be long-term injury that can lead to early retirements. I had spoken to a ex UK SF officer (SBS) who was the dad of my Freind and he had told me about his encounters with Indian PARA (SF)- he had never trained or met IN SFs, and he had told my how the PT the PARA (SF) was describing sounded inhumane! My mate's Dad said it made him feel sick when the PARA (SF) guy told him that they would on a regular basis run 60-75kms with 70+ pounds in the ir packs! My friend's dad told me this was very impressive and the men in the PARA (SF) must be incredibly fit he also told me that you'd ruin your knees and ankles pretty quickly in the long-run if you did this as often as he said.

He had nothing but respect for those guys though let me tell you!
reason for this is that they are expected to run back to safety on their own after completing their task in para drop exercise, unlike in US and other forces who can afford sending helicopters to get their special forces back from danger zones. Someone said that US forces would call their helicopter and our guy, would run back. That is why they are super fit guys. I have nothing but respect for those para guys, they do 40-40 every day, which means 40kg 40km every day and 70-70 once or twice a week. :hail::hail::hail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles