Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayareakd

Country flag
@sayareakd Some pics of CISF with red-dot sights would be much welcomed guys!!
CISF commandos are not very friendly specially for any request for pics, they are bad ass guys, they dont talk much. BTW new MP5 which look light weight looks cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snuggy321

CISF commandos are not very friendly specially for any request for pics, they are bad ass guys, they dont talk much. BTW new MP5 which look light weight looks cool.
They are extremely rude people.... just my perception

sayareakd

Country flag
They are extremely rude people.... just my perception
bad ass is better word, it is not show for them, it is matter of life and death. But some do talk and they dont tell some info like range of their rifle. Plus CISF has woman commandos protecting very busy Metro station.

Snuggy321

bad ass is better word, it is not show for them, it is matter of life and death. But some do talk and they dont tell some info like range of their rifle. Plus CISF has woman commandos protecting very busy Metro station.
might be true, but those checking passengers, including tourists should calm down sometimes.

sayareakd

Country flag
might be true, but those checking passengers, including tourists should calm down sometimes.
I always saw CISF doing professional job as far as passengers checking is concern, never saw anyone going without checking for last 4 years. If they are strict it serves as deterrence to terrorists and wrong doers. Even people who are drunk are not allowed to board Metro. They are told to take a bus.

Coming back to commandos, we need good quality and light weight BPJs. Those jackets are about 20 kg in weight 10 kg both sides and they dont give full protection, just vital areas.

Snuggy321

I always saw CISF doing professional job as far as passengers checking is concern, never saw anyone going without checking for last 4 years. If they are strict it serves as deterrence to terrorists and wrong doers. Even people who are drunk are not allowed to board Metro. They are told to take a bus.

Coming back to commandos, we need good quality and light weight BPJs. Those jackets are about 20 kg in weight 10 kg both sides and they dont give full protection, just vital areas.
True, I have seen many of them putting their vests the ground on hot days.

abingdonboy

Country flag
sayareakd;626798 Coming back to commandos said:
True, just look at these BPJs Delhi SWAT are issued:

So bulky and they don't even have anywhere to put spare mags or other tactical supplies. This isn't unique to Delhi SWAT-many such units are unfortunatly issued such poor equipment.

+guys does anyone have any pics of CISF with MP5s with red-dot sights and the like?

abingdonboy

Country flag
+guys does anyone have any pics of the Navy day celebrations in Mumbai? I am particuarly interested in seeing the MARCOs demo.

Snuggy321

Thankyou bro.... It was drool all the way, nice equipment. World class
Yes, good to see them with Tavors, Negevs, Galils!

So now NDTV covered the Paras, the Garuds and the NSG..... Time to show the MARCOS!

boris

Country flag
Yes, good to see them with Tavors, Negevs, Galils!

So now NDTV covered the Paras, the Garuds and the NSG..... Time to show the MARCOS!
It is going to be very hard, the MARCOS are very secretive. The only documentary of them that was long enough was in Times Nows', "Line of Duty" some 5-6 years back, the documentary featured 10 Para(SF) and the MARCOS where the MARCOS segment is only 6 minutes long and only one operative was interviews with his identity protected. On the other hand identities of the CO of 10 Para(SF) and 2 officers are shown while being interviewed.

The Army SF has no issues with showing identities on TV but are very secretive about their operations & training. Till now I am yet to see a clear detail of what happens in Army SF probation and MARCOS selection and by that I mean only selection phase no continuation training. Like we all now what happens in SAS selection, even with 2 SAS units(UK and Australian) being secretive especially the British, their selection process is well known with the selection of Aussie SAS and NZSAS being shown on TV. I personally don't count the NZSAS as secretive, the British are top class in that till now even a pic of their Credenhill or Hereford base front gate hasn't been shown.

Now coming to this documentary on Garuds, it was great. After watching it I think they have more or less been formed on the lines of USAF Para-rescue and CCT's .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles