Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowitall

Some time back I had read an article where a retired SF Commander explained that the west deploys it's special forces with proper infrastructure and capabilities around the globe which it uses in tandem with diplomacy to exert its foreign policy and interests.

Then he said the Chinese attach their special forces to various construction projects Alon the globe for intel training and many other classified purposes. Their intelligence agencies work with special forces to establish ground network and whatnot. He said this is very common in Asia.

Do we here in India use something similar.
Are our spec ops units deployed abroad to working with other branches of the military.

Killbot

Country flag
Some time back I had read an article where a retired SF Commander explained that the west deploys it's special forces with proper infrastructure and capabilities around the globe which it uses in tandem with diplomacy to exert its foreign policy and interests.

Then he said the Chinese attach their special forces to various construction projects Alon the globe for intel training and many other classified purposes. Their intelligence agencies work with special forces to establish ground network and whatnot. He said this is very common in Asia.

Do we here in India use something similar.
Are our spec ops units deployed abroad to working with other branches of the military.
No

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
The funniest thing I know is that I have seen our Special Forces with only chhapri style equipment and nothing cool looking, But surely the soldiers on LoC are much better equipped than SFs, I mean high cut ballistic helmets And etc.

Wish more emphasis is given on modernisation of the Army, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, AR, BSF with modern small arms, optics, elbow and knew pads and combat gloves with good helmets, (the camouflage uniform atleast!).

because CRPF, BSF, AR, ITBP (CISF less likely) will be the 2nd line of defence after the Army and will act as a deterrent also.

All PLA soldiers have equipment similar to any American soldier (difference of quality may be present but they have all these).

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
That photo is from Yudh Abhyas Indo US exercise. Belongs to US army. Ghataks dont use M4s.
They do use, I saw the whole breaking point series AFAIK I remember some sort of room intervention drill or something they were using M4A1 SOPMODs, I wish I could have that clip.

Killbot

Country flag
They do use, I saw the whole breaking point series AFAIK I remember some sort of room intervention drill or something they were using M4A1 SOPMODs, I wish I could have that clip.
Those were borrowed from US Army during one of the Yudh Abhyas exercises.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
The lead guy isn’t SG, the one behind likely is, SG are the only ones known to use the ACOG on Tavors

And SG are used in JK for specific missions directed by intel agencies
Chance is there he is SG as they use underfolder Aks unlike Para or RR who uses side folder ones from Romania.Plate carriers of both seems similar except the helmets.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Chance is there he is SG as they use underfolder Aks unlike Para or RR who uses side folder ones from Romania.Plate carriers of both seems similar except the helmets.
Simple thing which everybody is not thinking and being illogical..

They mean a SG is walking in a team with an infantry scout?

I highly doubt that...Thats not how they work.

Unless its a casual walk back to the vehicle.

Last edited:

Killbot

Country flag
Since when did IA started using one uniform for one operation.

Guys he is a SG operator..Deal with it.
Yeah, I was trying to run away from that. Tried the denial stuff fanboys usually pull. Doesn't work one bit. Damn, am I crestfallen... Guess fanboying doesn't suit me.
But this was a huge disappointment l..
Even so I don't understand why SG was in a routine CASO. (HVT or otherwise)

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Simple thing which everybody is not thinking and being illogical..

They mean a SG is walking in a team with an infantry scout?

I highly doubt that...Thats not how they work.

Unless its a casual walk back to the vehicle.
I too had the same thought plus the camo it doesnt add up with that used by RR.

MuzzleVelocity

The funniest thing I know is that I have seen our Special Forces with only chhapri style equipment and nothing cool looking, But surely the soldiers on LoC are much better equipped than SFs, I mean high cut ballistic helmets And etc.

Wish more emphasis is given on modernisation of the Army, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, AR, BSF with modern small arms, optics, elbow and knew pads and combat gloves with good helmets, (the camouflage uniform atleast!).

because CRPF, BSF, AR, ITBP (CISF less likely) will be the 2nd line of defence after the Army and will act as a deterrent also.

All PLA soldiers have equipment similar to any American soldier (difference of quality may be present but they have all these).
Nah. PLA soldiers are equipment vastly inferior to American troops. It's not even close.

Killbot

Country flag
106298929_3250096725067397_3696863081415675083_o~2.jpg

From @Unknowncommando 2 's post....

Please someone tell me I'm not dreaming... I'm fairly certain that that is a jugaad APC style plate carrier with a modified elastic cummerbund..
😍😍 Finally a plate carrier folks..
@abingdonboy @rkhanna @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR @Gessler

(APC= Adaptable Plate Carrier)

Me likey 😋😋😍😍🤑

Also I think he bought it on his own budget...

Last edited:

Killbot

Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Nah. PLA soldiers are equipment vastly inferior to American troops. It's not even close.
I know that very well, but they do have knee and elbow pads, combat gloves and combat goggles standard for each soldier, we don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles