Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
SPB. The only time I have seen Marcos on guard duty was during the visit of Obama. I don't think that commissioning of a frigate is of equal importance. IMO
Marcos are deployed there coz there were Navy VIP, Where ever there are N-VIP there are Marcos for Protection..

blueblood

Marcos are deployed there coz there were Navy VIP, Where ever there are N-VIP there are Marcos for Protection..
Look carefully, guys are not securing VVIP but the vessel. This is not the first time a ship is being commissioned in the navy but AFAIK this is the first time media is reporting the presence of Marcos.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Look carefully, guys are not securing VVIP but the vessel. This is not the first time a ship is being commissioned in the navy but AFAIK this is the first time media is reporting the presence of Marcos.
You see in Army, PARA SF does the same job, Here is Marcos are doing..

What you dont know that ceremony was held in Ship, These guys are just few of Many marcos there and they cover the place in many protection rings ..

blueblood

You see in Army, PARA SF does the same job, Here is Marcos are doing..
I am aware of that.

What you dont know that ceremony was held in Ship, These guys are just few of Many marcos there and they cover the place in many protection rings ..
Go through my post again. 2 Shivalik class and 2 Deepak class have been commissioned in the last couple of years yet I haven't seen Marcos anywhere. How come Marcos are visible for the first time that too with a different camo and uncovered faces?

These guys are either SPB or VBSS.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Go through my post again. 2 Shivalik class and 2 Deepak class have been commissioned in the last couple of years yet I haven't seen Marcos anywhere. How come Marcos are visible for the first time that too with a different camo and uncovered faces?

These guys are either SPB or VBSS.
You are not following Marcos then, Marcos changed there camo black to ACU only recently, Also back then its difficult to make out Marco from SPB or VBSS as there camo and equipment are almost same..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
why this spend case collector
because it is cheap and made from the locally available material, plus the real issue is that for audit they need spend case of bullet, so that authorities/superior/audit guys know how many bullets were actually fired in the exercise, since the spend case is hot, it cannot be collected by the shooter, therefore this make shift system. :cool2::thumb:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

Photos courtesy Gautam Datt
Couple of days back my friend who is undergoing training in naval academy ezhimala called and told me that while training in the academy itself
Is hard ,getting enlisted into Marcos unthinkable even in his dreams because of the tough two year training and probation period.He told me that Marcos is the toughest specops unit in India and is one of the best among the world.he also told that for getting enlisted into Marcos you had to have atleast 5 years service in navy which was a new info for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles