Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathstar

Country flag
Thanks for taking that post.

I am tired of these "we are soo secretive" bullshit from the fanboys.

They dont watch encounter videos from youtube and see for themselves.

Ya soo secretive they are that they would be killed in ops doing room intervention just to keep the secrecy..

Fucking stupid are you?
A soldier's life is very cheap in India. Didnt see see soldiers dying in Kashmir is brushed aside like its normal everyday news

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
A soldier's life is very cheap in India. Didnt see see soldiers dying in Kashmir is brushed aside like its normal everyday news
Exactly...and hate to think that we are dumb or what..

Decades old war and we have not invented any weapons or things.

It took us 25 years to "import" ballistic shields from outside...I mean dont we have a fcking brain to make something like that for room intervention.

Same about cornershot or bpj.

On one hand we are reaching moon and conquering space and on the other hand we are dumb...it doesnt make any sense.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

It took us 25 years to "import" ballistic shields from outside...I mean dont we have a fcking brain to make something like that for room intervention.

On one hand we are reaching moon and conquering space and on the other hand we are dumb...it doesnt make any sense.
policies,funding and panning are responsible for this . we can develop these basic things but due to poor planning and strategy everything gets messed up.

Deathstar

Country flag

Implementation is the real bottleneck rather than planning , funds etx etx

IndiaRising

Country flag
Yeah, this is BS that has been used for too long to hide the ineptitude, incompetence and shortcomings of Indian SFs.

We have ample material from Indian SFs in real world combat ops to see how pathetically they are equipped in live ops.

100% no Indian SF unit today is operationally deploying dual tube NVGs even though this tech is over 25 years old now, Indian SFs have almost 0 night fighting capability- we remember just 3 or so years back when they called off EDI ops after sunset when any sensible/modern SF would have seen nightfall as the best opportunity to strike the terrorists.

There is nothing to display, imagine a worst case scenario and multiply that a factor of 2-3X to get an idea of how ridiculous the situation really is.

+ these guys are soooo secretive that they will walk down Rajpath at the most viewed military parade in India with this faces uncovered and name badges fixed! Give me a break. There's no seriousness to these guys, they are just playing the part of "commando" that was imagined 60+ years back, they are not 21st century warfighters/operators.
unlike Western propaganda exercised through films and documentaries to prop up their SF units, Para SF doesn't need to be validated by some armchair experts sitting in the comfort of their home.

CoD warriors should know that Para SF is employed along the LoC at all times, whether its daytime or night. Here is an example of what I am talking about from the recent Republic Day Gallantry awards.

Now if you expect Naib Subedar Singh and his men were just sitting there without the right equipment in pitch dark night, then I have nothing more to say to you. Neither Para SF or the army needs to tell you or any of the armchair generals on this forum about what their capabilities are and how their operations are executed.

EDI Ops were resisted by the Para SF in daytime, but they were overruled by the Brigadier in charge of that zone who wanted quick results. Get your facts right.

There is nothing to display for your or my consumption. There is no need. The whole point of having Special Forces is to make sure they can do their operations without any Tom,Dick, and Harry needing to know every single detail about their existence!

These guys are so unserious that they manage to carry out every single task that is given to them and do it with minimum casualties. 2016 Surgical strikes, 2015 Myanmar strikes.... the list is endless. Just because they don't look like the jokers you see in your latest XBOX or Playstation consoles you start crying uncle.

Unlike your and that joker aviator's imaginary world, I choose to live in reality and results speak for themselves. They are the only SF unit to carry out operations against a nuclear power in their own territory. Don't even get started on the Abbotabad raid, which was a fixed match between CIA and ISI.

IndiaRising

Country flag
Lets look at more examples of how unserious Para SF are. Mind you, these are just the operations that Para SF takes credit for in public.

https://gallantryawards.gov.in/Awardee/abhay-sharma

https://gallantryawards.gov.in/Awardee/kul-bahadur-thapa

https://gallantryawards.gov.in/Awardee/anil-kumar-dhayia

OMG these guys are so untrained and completely backwards 20th century operators. They just can't hold their own against a nuclear armed neighbor on a porous Line of Control, while Hollywood Special effects operators are being given awards for taking out a 60 year old man with the help of a rogue intelligence agency which has instructed its own soldiers not to put up any response.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
By that incredible IQ guess we can assume that Brig Chandpuri in 1971 at Longewala had NVG because he too faught at night.

How stupid can someone be to not understand that ..night blind comment by @abinngdonboy meant not fully equipped by nvgs.

That means... not everyone has NVG.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Lets look at more examples of how unserious Para SF are. Mind you, these are just the operations that Para SF takes credit for in public.

https://gallantryawards.gov.in/Awardee/abhay-sharma

https://gallantryawards.gov.in/Awardee/kul-bahadur-thapa

https://gallantryawards.gov.in/Awardee/anil-kumar-dhayia

OMG these guys are so untrained and completely backwards 20th century operators. They just can't hold their own against a nuclear armed neighbor on a porous Line of Control, while Hollywood Special effects operators are being given awards for taking out a 60 year old man with the help of a rogue intelligence agency which has instructed its own soldiers not to put up any response.
Are you dumb... who said they are not serious?

IndiaRising

Country flag
IQ on display here showed by people who assume that they don't have NVGs because it is not showcased in front of their eyes. during operations, operators are equipped with the best available equipment. they don't go in blind.

Are you dumb... who said they are not serious?
are u an idiot? read bingdon's last statement. its completely insulting to the organization itself.

IndiaRising

Country flag
@IndiaRising no ones questioning bravery of our SOFs , members like @abingdonboy @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR are just upset that despite having funds and everything, Our SOFs arent equipped with best of the best gear. This will only enhance our warriors capabilities
results matter. cribbing about not having the latest technology and just saying oh we are so backwards isn't the right attitude. also, as I said in my quoted post, Para SF is a notoriously secret organization. Nowhere on the internet will you find documentaries about their training or tactics employed, unlike most of the Western SOFs or even Paki SSG. Do understand that both the West and SSG do this primarily to satisfy the military industrial complex in their respective countries.

Aniruddha Mulay

I have no doubts over the bravery and the skills possessed by the Para SF. But I am just saying that we need to equip our special forces with the best equipment(either be it indigenous or imported) because they are the tip of the spear.
I had read somewhere that a newly formed Para SF unit was equipped with INSAS rifles. We are equipping our finest with crap like INSAS.

Aniruddha Mulay

results matter. cribbing about not having the latest technology and just saying oh we are so backwards isn't the right attitude. also, as I said in my quoted post, Para SF is a notoriously secret organization. Nowhere on the internet will you find documentaries about their training or tactics employed, unlike most of the Western SOFs or even Paki SSG. Do understand that both the West and SSG do this primarily to satisfy the military industrial complex in their respective countries.
For India to become a major player we need a strong military, and a strong military can only be achieved if we have our own indigenous MIC.

Waanar

Country flag
Please do post documentaries about training and/or tactics of western SOFs. (there aren't)

You have to some different level of smart to think they're throwing it to the public and/or the terrorists who could use it against them.
Know that what you see is not even scratching the surface. Know that we're getting left behind in the global arms/warfare race due to the failure of MoD.
Know that we have enemies at the gates and this is for every other Indian who's on this forum and seems to be forgetting it-

Know that we Indians are not a master race and other ethnic groups too possess a brain which surprisingly can and does work.

I wouldn't have said this but reading some of the comments makes me feel like people here are beginning to believe our military has some sort of demi gods in it's ranks. It doesn't. They can't use a Single tube NVG to have a 90% FOV at night time.
They can't aim without high powered laser pointers through their NVGs.
They can't see at night without NVGs.
They can't hear clear and develop bilateral tinnitus after a few firefights because of lack of COMTACs and proper ear protection.
They can't prevent being bombed by friendly bombers at night without IR strobes to illuminate their location down below if they call in an airstrike.

All of this is just scratching the surface and all the gear I've mentioned is used by regular infantry of the west, not just SOFs.

Weep.

Weep you piece of shits.

Aniruddha Mulay

Please do post documentaries about training and/or tactics of western SOFs. (there aren't)

You have to some different level of smart to think they're throwing it to the public and/or the terrorists who could use it against them.
Know that what you see is not even scratching the surface. Know that we're getting left behind in the global arms/warfare race due to the failure of MoD.
Know that we have enemies at the gates and this is for every other Indian who's on this forum and seems to be forgetting it-

Know that we Indians are not a master race and other ethnic groups too possess a brain which surprisingly can and does work.

I wouldn't have said this but reading some of the comments makes me feel like people here are beginning to believe our military has some sort of demi gods in it's ranks. It doesn't. They can't use a Single tube NVG to have a 90% FOV at night time.
They can't hear clear and develop bilateral tinnitus after a few firefights because of lack of COMTACs and proper ear protection.
They can't prevent being bombed by friendly bombers at night without IR strobes to illuminate their location down below if they call in an airstrike.

All of this is just scratching the surface and all the gear I've mentioned is used by regular infantry of the west, not just SOFs.

Weep.

Weep you piece of shits.
For the Para SF to become a world class SF similar to the Green Berets and the SAS, we need to have similar equipment to what they have.

Aniruddha Mulay

Weep.

Weep you piece of shits.
We can only equip a small number of soilders with equipment similar to the west because we have a large army with a mediocre def budget. It is not possible for the IA to spend close to $17-20000 on each soilder.

Waanar

Country flag
We can only equip a small number of soilders with equipment similar to the west because we have a large army with a mediocre def budget. It is not possible for the IA to spend close to $17-20000 on each soilder.
I'm not even dreaming of our regular infantry having gear on par with regular infantry of the west which would run out of men in a war of attrition in less than a week but CAN WE PLEASE HAVE SOME FUCKING UNIFORMITY AND GEAR ON PAR WITH WESTERN INFANTRY IN OUR ACTIVE TROOPS IN KASHMIR AND NORTH EAST AND THE LEATHERDUCKING SOFS????
DID YOU SEE THE 82ND AIRBORNE WHEN THEY WERE BEING SENT TO IRAQ OR THE MARINES GUARDING THE IRAQI CONSULATE?

WELL, HERE YOU GO, BROTHER!
COURIER ME YOUR TEARS IN A THERMOS! YES, I WANNA DRINK YOUR TEARS.

P:S- I don't want anyone who tries to tell me about "the reality of wars and Para SF" and "Gucci gear uselessness" and "Battle hardened Paras" to comment. This is not about the caliber, commitment or competency of our men but the gear and training issued to them and MOD's incompetence in changing it..

Last edited:

Aniruddha Mulay

I'm not even dreaming of our regular infantry having gear on par with regular infantry of the west which would run out of men in a war of attrition in less than a week but CAN WE PLEASE HAVE SOME FUCKING UNIFORMITY AND GEAR ON PAR WITH WESTERN INFANTRY IN OUR ACTIVE TROOPS IN KASHMIR AND NORTH EAST AND THE LEATHERDUCKING SOFS????
DID YOU SEE THE 82ND AIRBORNE WHEN THEY WERE BEING SENT TO IRAQ OR THE MARINES GUARDING THE IRAQI CONSULATE?

WELL, HERE YOU GO, BROTHER!
COURIER ME YOUR TEARS IN A THERMOS! YES, I WANNA DRINK YOUR TEARS.

P:S- I don't want anyone who tries to tell me about "the reality of wars and Para SF" and "Gucci gear uselessness" and "Battle hardened Paras" to comment. This is not about the caliber, commitment or competency of our men but the gear and training issued to them and MOD's incompetence in changing it..
Cannot agree more. We are rich enough to equip our finest with gear on par with the west. Pvt sector defence industries like Tonbo imaging, SSS Defence, MKU and many more already have the tech in their hands. It is the political will and "chalta hai" attitude which fails us everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles