Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

apoorv465

Country flag
Even paki SSG have ear protection embedded in their EXFIL helmets. Then Why TF we are not getting these helmets with ear protection??

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
Even paki SSG have ear protection embedded in their EXFIL helmets. Then Why TF we are not getting these helmets with ear protection??
That's not an EXFIL helmet.

EXFIL helmets were given to the Army by TONBO along with ARJUN Thermal Sights according to Army requirements as a combo package. These helmets just came with a NVG mount. Northern command didn't buy them separately with accessories like ear protection, comms and flashing strobes, lights etc. One can only hope from AFSOD.

Gessler

Country flag
First, they're high-cut helmets, not EXFIL helmets - EXFIL is a particular product name of helmets from Team Wendy.

These aren't proper headsets as used by Western (or Russian) SOF. They're simple one-ear bowman-type headsets with straps:

Nothing impressive, but better than no headset or commercial in-ear device from protection standpoint.

A proper Peltor COMTAC is much better, more secure & has greater utility:

Because they are paid for by their daddy, we don’t need such daddies.
I doubt that - these are relatively very inexpensive and any Western FID instructor wouldn't recommend stuff like this.

The problem in India is different and multi-faceted. We have money, but the ones in-charge of it aren't the best at knowing what to procure. Whereas those at battalion-level who tend to procure some good stuff don't have access to much expenditure so the scope of their procurements will always be limited.

These are some of the things we seek to fix with the creation of a Dept of Military Affairs (DMA) in MoD, and differing all procurement powers to this new Dept manned by mix of uniformed & civilian personnel (with the exception of capital acquisitions for really big-ticket items).

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Actually good. You get the rifle calibre in a PDW/Carbine package. Good for search and destroy urban ops. Along with SFF our JKP is also using in limited numbers.
View attachment 41574
One from an encounter
But the ones with J&K police have side folding stocks unlike the underfolders of SFF. Muzzle device is also different. May be the police have older production models.

abingdonboy

Country flag
National Security Guards Commando

Ford F550 Superduty with Mobile Adjustable Ramp System
Renault Sherpa
View attachment 41505
This is a very heartening picture, I hope NSG tries to replicate this standard across their entire force for every single frontline operator- SAG+SCG.

there’s still far too little commonality, you can see NSG operators/teams looking completely bada$$ and TFTA in exercises and deployments with all the gucci gear head to toe and then you can see another set of images from an NSG team out of a hub and many of the guys are running around with model 1974 helmets and MP5A1s.

I’m sure it’s because the hubs have been getting less of the new equipment and the top of the line stuff is going to the CTTF in Delhi as well as the stand by units in Mansear.

anyway, high cut helmets with integrated comns and a new carbine are all I could reasonably ask for them to put them in the top class of CT units in the world. The rest of their support equipment is utterly top notch.

FINALLY! The madman (Modi) actually freaking did it.

I remember after 2014 Modi had instructed MHA to look at withdrawing NSG from VVIP protection duties and under him they had trimmed the protectee list from 20+ to 11 but then they had added a couple (Yogi for one) so I had lost hope but now it’s done- fan-freaking-tastic. No more dilution of efforts, NSG can 100% focus on their core expertise.

In retrospect it can be seen that the foundations for this have been in the making for years- first CISF and CRPF had to raise competent alternatives to SRG (SSG and ASG retrospectively) and it’s was a bit of an eye opener that the NSA and Shah were given CRPF cover and not NSG SRG then when SPG cover was taken from Gandhis again it was replaced by CRPF ASG. It was also reported that other CAPFs like SSB, ITBP and BSF were having their VVIP protection duties removed and task transferred to CRPF. Meaning it looks as though CRPF is to be the nodal VVIP protection agency of the union govt- good for expertise accruing.

It isn’t even integrated ear protection. but on the whole Paki SF is better equipped than Indian.

Our troops also have ear protection headsets. Pic below is of NSG with older plate carrier (circa 2018).

still not convinced this belongs to NSG- haven’t seen a single NSG operator with integrated comns equipment thus far although they’ve been spotted with high cuts quite a bit now.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
This is a very heartening picture, I hope NSG tries to replicate this standard across their entire force for every single frontline operator- SAG+SCG.

there’s still far too little commonality, you can see NSG operators/teams looking completely bada$$ and TFTA in exercises and deployments with all the gucci gear head to toe and then you can see another set of images from an NSG team out of a hub and many of the guys are running around with model 1974 helmets and MP5A1s.

I’m sure it’s because the hubs have been getting less of the new equipment and the top of the line stuff is going to the CTTF in Delhi as well as the stand by units in Mansear.

anyway, high cut helmets with integrated comns and a new carbine are all I could reasonably ask for them to put them in the top class of CT units in the world. The rest of their support equipment is utterly top notch.

FINALLY! The madman (Modi) actually freaking did it.

I remember after 2014 Modi had instructed MHA to look at withdrawing NSG from VVIP protection duties and under him they had trimmed the protectee list from 20+ to 11 but then they had added a couple (Yogi for one) so I had lost hope but now it’s done- fan-freaking-tastic. No more dilution of efforts, NSG can 100% focus on their core expertise.

In retrospect it can be seen that the foundations for this have been in the making for years- first CISF and CRPF had to raise competent alternatives to SRG (SSG and ASG retrospectively) and it’s was a bit of an eye opener that the NSA and Shah were given CRPF cover and not NSG SRG then when SPG cover was taken from Gandhis again it was replaced by CRPF ASG. It was also reported that other CAPFs like SSB, ITBP and BSF were having their VVIP protection duties removed and task transferred to CRPF. Meaning it looks as though CRPF is to be the nodal VVIP protection agency of the union govt- good for expertise accruing.

It isn’t even integrated ear protection. but on the whole Paki SF is better equipped than Indian.

still not convinced this belongs to NSG- haven’t seen a single NSG operator with integrated comns equipment thus far although they’ve been spotted with high cuts quite a bit now.
NSG uses this kit as all new gear is being rapidly dispersed amongst 52 SAG units. If they have new tac vests, MPX, SCAR-L/H and EXFIL/FAST helmets, then they have the headsets.

Last edited:

Gessler

Country flag
It doesn't belong to them.

Neither NSG uses COMTACs nor they use tan-coloured bump helmets. This is USSF kit being tried on by an NSG guy during one of their joint exercises.

Another pic from similar exercise:

main-qimg-bcac4742071963bb1242bce6ab34b2d5-c.jpg

If at all the headset was ours, it's impossible for it have not been seen ever again. On the other hand if it was our kit but only for purposes of familiarization/try-outs then it doesn't really matter because its not serving operators across the board either way.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Because Our defense industry is corrupt that’s why. Our forces have still have a long way to go before reaching international Standards. Even the Afghan Army which is one of the most least funded/Donation Run Army in Asia has High Cut Helmets before India. The modi government is only chance for Indian armed forces to improve or buy new equipment.

Last edited:

Waanar

Country flag
lets not compare Indian Special forces with Chinese or Pakistani. This drill is enough to show how poorly trained both are.
I'm still laughing at the paki soldier who has difficulty getting up :pound::pound:
Breh, wtf is the porki on right side at 00:05 shooting? Even in NCC, they always tell you that the gun sticks to your shoulder and you want to switch targets, you twist at the hips or move the entire body.

But this?

ABBE 30 CHAARS, IDHAR DEKH LE!
UDHAR DEKH RAHA HAI!

BTW, please tell me these are Porki regulars (marines or soldiers) and not SOF because if they are SOF, I'm going full Bajrangi Bhaijaan on their ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles