Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkhanna

Country flag
Wtf Lake Kivu is infested with mercernaries, its UN responsibility to protect our troops or we should just recall them back. UN should compensate our bravehearts family now
Take it easy man. Sometimes in life shit happens. My mama spent 12 years with SF with 2 stints in NSG. Died in a recreational parachuting accident

Gessler

Country flag

uoftotaku

Country flag
For an CQBR at this barrel length, you have 2 go-to options:

HK416 10.4" if you're looking for a Piston system:

And this beautiful DD MK18 if you're on with DI :

There are of course countless other AR-15s out there...makes me sad the Caracal carbine deal didn't get anywhere.
The DD Mk 18 is very close to the Colt Canada / Deimaco C8 MRR which was custom designed for the SAS.

DGI systems get a lot of bad rep but are actually not bad. There are definitely pros and cons as with all things

vampyrbladez

Country flag
The DD Mk 18 is very close to the Colt Canada / Deimaco C8 MRR which was custom designed for the SAS.

DGI systems get a lot of bad rep but are actually not bad. There are definitely pros and cons as with all things
It allows for more gas supply as compared to Colt M4A1 or other AR 15 variants. This helps to fire dirty rounds and is good in a DI system.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Whats the issue with X-95 in the Cqb carbine role? Though around the world mosr SFs prefer either HK/Mk18s or similar AR-15 SBRs

uoftotaku

Country flag
Whats the issue with X-95 in the Cqb carbine role? Though around the world mosr SFs prefer either HK/Mk18s or similar AR-15 SBRs
Usually there is resistance against a bullpup due to the change in ergonomics and operating actions (reloads for eg can be cumbersome in tight spaces)

A lot of Tier 1 Operators also avoid using any equipment that makes then distinctive. Since everyone and their grandfather used the same AR-15 types, an observer may not be able to immediately distinguish between different forces at a glance. Gives deniablity if required. A bullpup carrier will immediately standout.

Also for X-95 in particular, the standard version is unable to accept a suppressor / silencer as the piston system doesn't have a gas regulator. They make a special version with a built in full barrel suppression system but its 9mm only (Uzi replacement).

Waanar

Country flag

PARA SPECIAL FORCES
Some randoms from SFOI FB Page
This is something I've been wondering about. I've seen many Paras and MARCOS with tattoos. Is the policy for tattoos same as it's for the regular Army? I thought it would've been rather stringent considering Islam forbids self maiming and symbolism (ignore the Iraqis, they're having a "tattooing" revolution) and the paras have some times gone undercover as Jihadis and civilians.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag

NSG Arms Display

From Left

Rifle : Sig Sauer 551 SB
LMG : FN MINIMI
Recoilless Gun : OFB RCL MK-II
Sniper Rifle : H&K PSG-1
SMG : H&K Mp5A3 + B&T Tri Rail Handguard

Gessler

Country flag
Sorry bro. I think if you ask 3 different soldiers you will get three different opinions.

I know 2 who prefer the M4 over the tavor. And I know AKs are preferred for jungle ops (moisture muck / nonjam) and mountains where you have longer engagements .

But I also know one who has spent so much time with the tavor that it's like an extension of his arm. He won't change it for anything
I just realized something...its funny now that I think about how I could have missed considering it so far.

When in urban/CQC situations, it might be preferably for shooters to go with a rifle that they can easily switch hands with (when you're a right-hander but are approaching a left corner for instance) for some additional control over just how much of their body they're willing to expose out of cover (it'd be a lot more if hand isn't switched).

On an M4, AK or any traditional-layout rifle, this is rather easy...

Not so with Bullpups* - and not with the Tavor in particular. Unless one wants brass & gas thrown dangerously close to their face and I can understand if someone doesn't want to put up with this nonsense if they can avoid it:

^^ Not that it can't be done, but no way that can be comfortable, or safe even. Especially if without a mask+eye-pro.

Only way to avoid it would be to sit down in combat and proceed to switch the ejection over to the other side xD

* The FN2000 for example ejects from the front, so not that big a problem for it.

Last edited:

uoftotaku

Country flag
* The FN2000 for example ejects from the front, so not that big a problem for it.

Yes, this has been a big criticism of bullpup designs all the way back to the Aug and Famas.

Even for the FN2000, that fancy forward ejection system comes with a major drawback...you can't clear a jam! If a case gets stuck inside that ejection tube you're up shit creek. The whole thing has to be dissembled to get access to the jammed casing. Not very combatant friendly.

Also, on the gas issue, when firing suppressed even the F2000 throws excess blowback gas straight into your face. For the Tavor this problem is even worse due to its long stroke piston and total lack of a gas regulator or cut off.

One of the primary reasons IWI is hastily putting out new products like the Tavor 7 and the new Arad with short stroke pistons and built in gas regulators is the growing demand for suppressor compatibility both from govt and civilian clients. The USMC is even investigating issuing suppressors as standard issue items to regular infantry now (one of the arguments for making the H&K M27 as the new standard fireman instead of the M4)

The future will be interesting. In the next 15 years, the case telescoped polymer 6.5 and 6.8 hybrid rounds from Textron will mature for the NGSAW competition in the US.

I wonder if the geniuses in DG-Infantry staff will demand OFB make an equivalent just as the AK-203 gets into hands of the infantry. No doubt they will still demand wooden stocks and bayonet attachment

rkhanna

Country flag
I just realized something...its funny now that I think about how I could have missed considering it so far.

When in urban/CQC situations, it might be preferably for shooters to go with a rifle that they can easily switch hands with (when you're a right-hander but are approaching a left corner for instance) for some additional control over just how much of their body they're willing to expose out of cover (it'd be a lot more if hand isn't switched).

On an M4, AK or any traditional-layout rifle, this is rather easy...

Not so with Bullpups* - and not with the Tavor in particular. Unless one wants brass & gas thrown dangerously close to their face and I can understand if someone doesn't want to put up with this nonsense if they can avoid it:

^^ Not that it can't be done, but no way that can be comfortable, or safe even. Especially if without a mask+eye-pro.

Only way to avoid it would be to sit down in combat and proceed to switch the ejection over to the other side xD

Yup. I have actually said this we exact thing almost a year ago. The Tavor 2 in Israel address some of this but still not a 100% solution.

IMO - for assaulting we should have 11-13 In barrels and for long range patrolling we should have 756 battle rifles (sig??).. for our SOF units

Like posted before SCAR has tons of issues to deliver it's low recoil. Recoil IMO is less important for SOF given their level of proficiency. A modern , light weight , reliable rifle like the sig could be enough

Gessler

Country flag
IMO - for assaulting we should have 11-13 In barrels and for long range patrolling we should have 756 battle rifles (sig??).. for our SOF units

Like posted before SCAR has tons of issues to deliver it's low recoil. Recoil IMO is less important for SOF given their level of proficiency. A modern , light weight , reliable rifle like the sig could be enough
As I said before...it makes me that much sadder that we've been unable to inject a modern AR-15 platform into the system thanks to the Carbine fast-track not getting anywhere.

I'm much less worried about the battle rifle front though...we already have SCAR H in the system (SFF, SG used it and I'm pretty sure some sort of feedback loop was created in between the SF units like happened with the Tavor....I believe that's part of the reason why AFSOD thought they should go with it) and now we have a top-notch AR-10 platform (SIG 716) about to enter the ecosystem as well.

I'm sure SFs will get their hands on SIG as well soon enough (the current order for 72k rifles includes Army, Navy, AF so it'll likely reach MARCOS and Garuds as well) and then they'll be in a position to make a final call on whether to go with SIG or SCAR for the battle rifle role.

Something makes me think...they'll end up with both, divided by individual preference. Much like the Tavor/M4 situation today.

EDIT: I'd also be much happier if HK416 could be purchased through FMS (where US DoD would place orders from H&K US plants on behalf of Indian MoD, potentially cutting the German govt out of the loop...but still German end-user laws may be answerable to...hard to say).

rkhanna

Country flag
EDIT: I'd also be much happier if HK416 could be purchased through FMS (where US DoD would place orders from H&K US plants on behalf of Indian MoD, potentially cutting the German govt out of the loop...but still German end-user laws may be answerable to...hard to say).
I have a feeling with an unraveling of the global economic system there will be a rewriting of global priorities. hK could be soon back on the table

12arya

Country flag
credit:fb

Pakistan trying to infiltrate through rivers? Small boats located in water streams near IB, LoC

Intelligence reports have alerted the security forces and urged them to increase their patrolling around the water bodies closer to the international border with Pakistan. The alert has been sounded after small rubber boats were discovered at several launch pads located near the Line of Control (LoC) with Pakistan and it is suspected these could be used for infiltrating into India. According to sources, there are around 13 major small water bodies located in Akhnoor, Samba, and Kathua in Jammu and Kashmir and closer to the border with Pakistan. The intelligence agencies have analysed these findings and have alerted the security forces that these spots could be used for entering India.

Also, the intelligence agencies had according to reports intercepted terrorist communication logs and based on these findings have advised the security forces that there is a possibility of infiltration through the sea routes. All the stakeholders in the coastal security since then has been in a high state of alert.

Besides the small water bodies, also on alert is the Gurez sector based on intelligence reports which have said that there could be attempts made through the Krishna Ghati area. Due to regular instances of cease fire violations, this area located in the Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, is always on high alert.

As has been reported, last month the Indian Navy had confirmed that both the Eastern and Western seaboards were in a state of high alert. All ports, ships located at these ports, have all been put on alert. Recently, the Naval Chief Admiral Karambir Singh had told the media that intelligence reports indicated terrorist attacks from seawards are likely and these are being monitored.

Pakistan and its terror outfits have repeatedly been infiltrating inside India and reports have suggested that men are being trained to enter through waterways

Status
Not open for further replies.